ive been tryin to figure out the shortcut for copy/ paste for a while now rather than having to scroll the menus... THANKS!
    Pressing Alt+U while a message is highlighted will toggle between Read and Unread

I just found this out just now! kewl!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 01:43 PM
    You can really streamline the user interface by pressing Alt+THMN from an open menu.

Ooooh crap. I did this and now I can't figure out how to go back to normal mode... Please message me? This is awful...

08-03-09 12:22 AM
    Ooooh crap. I did this and now I can't figure out how to go back to normal mode... Please message me? This is awful...

Omfg me too! Please help!!

08-03-09 12:26 AM
    Alt +THMN!! How do I go back! Help!

08-03-09 12:27 AM
    Omfg me too! Please help!!

Oh sweet googlie mooglies. I was flipping out.

Alt + THMD will bring it back to default, then you can activate your theme from there.

That was absolutely horrid. I need my bubbly girly theme! xp
    08-03-09 12:34 AM
    Not sure if you got this answered but here it is anyway

When dialling, dial the numbers as normal and when you want to dial letters, hold shift and type the letter... when you press dial, it will automatically convert to the correct number !

Nirave
    This is the coolest thing ever. I was glad that I had used text sooo much on my previous phone, but it was annoying having to have to try and dial word-numbers closing my eyes and dialing the keypad... thanks soooooo much!!!!
    08-03-09 12:43 AM
    alt+THMD didnt work for me for some reason
    08-03-09 09:35 AM
    Anybody have any idea how to send SMSes/MMSes/msg-es without going through the menu?

Thanks in advance! :-)

after composing your message
    press the BB button twice (left of trackball)

do the same thing if you receive a text and want to reply.
    08-03-09 09:46 AM
    after composing your message
    press the BB button twice (left of trackball)

do the same thing if you receive a text and want to reply.
    I think he meant how to start a SMS message; similar to pressing "C" to start an email message.

This is one of those things I am surprised RIM doesn't have a shortcut for by now.
    08-03-09 09:52 AM
    No but if you use QuickLaunch it has a menu item titled Device Info. If you click on it you will see your battery status as a percentage. And it doesn't round up or down. You'll see, as an example, 98% or 72%. Cool stuff!

What is Quick Launch and how / when would I use it?
    08-03-09 10:09 AM
    I think he meant how to start a SMS message; similar to pressing "C" to start an email message.

This is one of those things I am surprised RIM doesn't have a shortcut for by now.

lol he clearly asked how do you send!!

But anyway to compose, open sms, press t (top) , then press the blackberry key twice twice
    08-03-09 10:34 AM
    08-03-09 10:36 AM
    Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    Shift + Scroll across text with trackball = Highlight
    Shift + Del = Cut
    Alt + Trackball = Copy
    Shift + Trackball = Paste

have tried this but unable to get to work? Shift +Del just asks if want to del item? Is this an OS limitation? using OS 4.6.0.266, PLATFORM 4.0.0.223. Thanks
    08-03-09 01:01 PM
    lol he clearly asked how do you send!!

But anyway to compose, open sms, press t (top) , then press the blackberry key twice twice
    Yeah I know it just seemed like he meant how to "start to send" a SMS text. I didn't know about the "trick" you mentioned but it's irrelevant to me because it doesn't work when your Email/SMS box is "combined." The default is to send an email, which is unfortunate, since that already has a shortcut with the letter "C".
    08-03-09 01:02 PM
    Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    Shift + Scroll across text with trackball = Highlight
    Shift + Del = Cut
    Alt + Trackball = Copy
    Shift + Trackball = Paste

have tried this but unable to get to work? Shift +Del just asks if want to del item? Is this an OS limitation? using OS 4.6.0.266, PLATFORM 4.0.0.223. Thanks
    Are you sure you're not trying to "cut" something that you couldn't delete anyways? Like if you look at an email you received and highlight some text, you could only copy that because it's not "cut-able." If you try, it will ask you to delete.

Now if you compose an email and type something, then select it and try it, it will work just fine.
    08-03-09 01:06 PM
    the holding q to switch between vibrate and normal amazing... great shortcuts and tips here
    08-03-09 01:19 PM
    Are you sure you're not trying to "cut" something that you couldn't delete anyways? Like if you look at an email you received and highlight some text, you could only copy that because it's not "cut-able." If you try, it will ask you to delete.

Now if you compose an email and type something, then select it and try it, it will work just fine.
    Thanks - got it now.
    08-04-09 03:52 AM
    Need to sync my bold to my mac, can i do that?????
    08-04-09 11:10 AM
    Need to sync my bold to my mac, can i do that?????
    The software won't be available until 'September' so its best to wait a few weeks.
    There are work arounds but they can be costly and or confusing and not worth the hassle.
    (Pocket mac -free but cumbersome, install parallels, or bootcamp)
    For more info, go to the Mac users section of crackberry.

Last edited by Teek; 08-04-09 at 12:06 PM.
    08-04-09 11:50 AM
    how can i send a text to more than 10 people at a time??
    08-04-09 12:12 PM

Bugged me too... so I rummaged forums and there's a program called "QSMS." Not willing to disable dialing from screen, so I just made the program a shortcut... added another icon, but I'd rather that than scroll through the menu:

"QSMS - Press 'Q' to Compose SMS
    Just like you can hit �C� to compose an email, you can use the �Q� shortcut to compose an SMS!

To enable shortcut, please disable �Dial from home screen� option through Phone > Options. BlackBerry Pearl does not support shortcut, but you can still use QSMS through its icon or by assigning it to convenience key through Options > Screen/Keyboard.

OTA: @ berrycoder.com"
    08-10-09 03:51 PM

Man, I'm sorry. That was really mean of me. I was attempting to be funny, and I sincerely meant to watch the thread so I could help anyone who didn't catch my sarcasm, then I forgot to watch it. I probably shouldn't have said that in the first place, and definitely should have posted this fix:

As long as dialing from the homescreen is disabled, just press O to open your options, and then T for theme. Then re-enable whatever theme you like to use. Otherwise you'll have to navigate to them using those ugly icons you now have. The shortcut I posted disables the Theme, so there's nothing telling the phone how to organize your icons, how to color your menus, etc. Your phone is fully functional, but it's ugly as sin.

To anyone I caused heartache with what in retrospect was a foolish joke, I sincerely apologize. I'm going to have to start limiting my late night, sleep-deprived, feeble attempts to be fun silly and not mean silly.

08-10-09 04:35 PM
    Great thread with some great tips!

didnt bother reading to see if this was posted but...

open a text and type
    mypin and hit space and your pin will show up

Just to add.. you can actually type this anywhere your able to write text and it will come up.

You also have

mynumber: displays your number
    myver: displays OS
    ld: local date
    lt: local time
    usrid: User ID (If you've set one)

Another tip that i haven't seen posted is if you don't use the holster for you BB, hold the Mute key at the top of your phone and it puts it on standby.
    08-15-09 08:11 AM
    Great info I just spend almost all morning reading and now I'm ready to keep playing with my bold
    This thread should be in new user info so it wont be hard to find it againg. Thanks for all the tips

08-15-09 11:50 AM
    love it maaaaaan
    08-15-09 03:52 PM
210 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD