So I went to Papped's website and found some goodies. Not sure what to do with them yet... but I will explore. Hooray Best forum ever. Next to like, LOL cats. But that's its own world.
    Yeah! Hooray for tetris and pacman!
    06-30-09 12:46 AM
    I am liking all those short cuts!
    06-30-09 07:52 AM
    I love this thread

Trying to think of something that hasn't been said. I remember someone said that in a msg, if you hit R, it'll Reply. If you hit L its reply all, and F its Forward. Hope that helps someone!

Guys, how do I disable dialing from the home screen? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 08:35 AM
    Guys, how do I disable dialing from the home screen? Thanks.
    Open the Phone part and go to Options from the menu. It's under General Options.
    06-30-09 09:06 AM
    Please dont yell at me for not knowing this but is there a way to dial phone numbers with letters? Sorry if this is a commonly known answer but I dont know how.
    06-30-09 09:08 AM
    Please dont yell at me for not knowing this but is there a way to dial phone numbers with letters? Sorry if this is a commonly known answer but I dont know how.
    Ignore anyone that yells at you.

I just hit the first letter of someone's first name and it opens up. I still have to select them and hit dial.

You can assign speed dial to a letter by holding down the letter, then you get the option to set it as speed dial.
    06-30-09 09:20 AM
    I mean like if you are trying to dial 1 866 cingular for example and it isnt in your contacts and you dont remember what three letters are attached to each number on the phone. Thank you for the positive thought I was just reading this thread and when really smart people get blasted it is sometimes scarey to admit you have questions
    Last edited by msaster; 07-03-09 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typos
    06-30-09 09:24 AM
    I mean like if you are trying to dail 1 866 cingular for example and it isnt in your contacts and you dont remeber what three letters are attched to each number on the phone. Thank you for the positive thought I was just reading this thread and when really smart people get blasted it is sometimes scarey to admit you have questions
    This is really cool. Just type the letters and it will convert it when you hit Dial.
    06-30-09 09:27 AM
    If you are viewing a mail or msg,just by pressing "space" scrolls the msg down,

Pressing Left shift+space scrolls the msg UP!

We can avoid using 'trackball' for scrolling!

Thanks for all other useful tips!
    This is a Gr8 thread!

or you can hit the letter T and it will take u all the way to the top and B will take you all the way to the bottom (that works in everything... browser, messages, call log.. everything....)
    06-30-09 09:36 AM
    Thank you bt224
    06-30-09 09:39 AM
    Thank you bt224
    Anytime. Keep learning.
    06-30-09 09:46 AM
    ALT+SHIFT+B delivers beer right to your door. don't abuse it :-p
    06-30-09 10:05 AM
    ALT+SHIFT+B delivers beer right to your door. don't abuse it :-p
    This is the Tip of the Week!
    06-30-09 10:09 AM

Not sure if you got this answered but here it is anyway

When dialling, dial the numbers as normal and when you want to dial letters, hold shift and type the letter... when you press dial, it will automatically convert to the correct number !

Nirave
    06-30-09 10:28 AM
    Not sure if you got this answered but here it is anyway

When dialling, dial the numbers as normal and when you want to dial letters, hold shift and type the letter... when you press dial, it will automatically convert to the correct number !

Nirave
    Thank you for sharing
    06-30-09 11:16 AM
    Man this thread is awesome, fantastic tips, thanks to all
    06-30-09 12:50 PM
    This is really cool. Just type the letters and it will convert it when you hit Dial.
    Now this is amazing....I was really wondering how to do this. I use to look at other phones and get the # associated with the letter LOL.....those days are over
    06-30-09 01:21 PM
    Now this is amazing....I was really wondering how to do this. I use to look at other phones and get the # associated with the letter LOL.....those days are over
    I agree. That's awesome. Just curious, how do you guys figure these things out?

06-30-09 02:22 PM

Sometimes by accident, mostly reading here.
    06-30-09 02:25 PM
    Posting to subscribe!!! I absolutely love threads like this. Havnt been on in a while. trying to catch up..... Thanks again guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-30-09 02:27 PM
    When you're on the BB Browser, mouse over a picture and press the BB Button to find the option to get the picture's URL. This works on pages with multiple pictures, just mouse over the picture you want.

Kinda like how you would right click on the pictures and select properties to see the picture's URL on a normal computer.
    06-30-09 08:26 PM

Just to clarify, you don't have to hold the Alt button down with each letter press. Just press Alt then left-Shift before you type your letters. Then you can just peck away at all the letters you need with pressing Alt before each one. When you press "Send", it will convert to the correct numbers.

To bolder_man, we just read, read, read. Go through the CrackBerry 101 series for all must-know information for new BB users. Here's the link: BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    06-30-09 10:00 PM
    This may be posted and I missed it, I read in another thread on CB the other day while
    Listening to music you can skip a song ahead or skip a song back by holding the volume keys on side

06-30-09 11:11 PM
    this thread FTW !!
    07-01-09 12:04 AM
    Great info and just in time to start using my new Bold when it arrives on Thursday.
    07-01-09 12:54 AM
210 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD