After spending the last ten minutes trying every possible key combination this doesn't seem to be an option. What I did dicover though is if your running
    .247 and are in the sms/mms folder, a quick double tap of the menu key and you are ready to text. Also for those not aware pressing R on a text that somebody sent will set up a reply.
    Get QSMS (link available on my site).

After install, the Q button auto opens composing a sms, which is awesome (you have to disable dialing from the home screen).
    03-27-09 01:35 PM
    in the "messages" folder if you press shift + scroll up or down it highlights more than one text/email for easier filing/saving/deleting!
    03-27-09 01:37 PM
    Yester18 thanks for the link !!
    03-27-09 02:00 PM
    I just figured this one out... Maybe it's always been there, maybe not. But I'm running .247. If you HOLD down Q (as opposed to pushing q for qsms) you can switch between Vibrate and Normal Profile... Swear I never knew this, so sorry if this was obvious already known info...
    03-27-09 03:37 PM
    Yeah that feature was there before. Definitely a handy shortcut. Also it switches between the last two used profiles, not so much Normal and Vibrate only.
    03-27-09 03:44 PM
    I just figured this one out... Maybe it's always been there, maybe not. But I'm running .247. If you HOLD down Q (as opposed to pushing q for qsms) you can switch between Vibrate and Normal Profile... Swear I never knew this, so sorry if this was obvious already known info...
    Im runnin the original OS with ATT and I just tried that and it worked too and I definitely didn�t know that before� thanks!
    03-27-09 03:44 PM
    Yeah that feature was there before. Definitely a handy shortcut. Also it switches between the last two used profiles, not so much Normal and Vibrate only.
    Either way... Sweet! I figure those are the only two I've ever used, so it works for me...
    03-27-09 03:46 PM
    That's an awesome shortcut... And yeah it just works on the Bold, I just tried it on my Curve...
    03-30-09 03:33 PM
    If you are viewing a mail or msg,just by pressing "space" scrolls the msg down,

Pressing Left shift+space scrolls the msg UP!

We can avoid using 'trackball' for scrolling!

Thanks for all other useful tips!
    This is a Gr8 thread!
    03-30-09 11:15 PM
    for a couple of weeks i didnt know how to see the memory free status
    03-31-09 12:08 AM
    Dry Your Device with Silica Gel: If you've dropped your BlackBerry in water, dry it out with silica-gel packets, which often come in shoeboxes. This also works with silica cat litter, which is generally labeled as crystal.

Select Special Characters: Press and hold a letter key, then move the thumb wheel up or down to get the appropriate character,

Stop a Page from Loading. Press the Escape button to keep Web pages from loading.
    Last edited by ksundar; 03-31-09 at 04:34 AM. Reason: addition
    03-31-09 04:30 AM
    Default speed dial Q puts the phone on vibrate
    Default speed dial A locks the phone

All the good stuff was taken

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 07:31 AM
    is there any shortcut key to turn on and off the mobile network?.thnx in advance guyz this thread is awesome
    03-31-09 07:49 AM
    Pushing the Mute button while your phone rings,it'll make �t silent. On Bold. On others,I hear it'll make it silent for only 3 seconds. That of you can reject the call from the "end" button. I just want it to shut-up
    03-31-09 08:59 AM
    ^ Toggling the volume either up or down once also does the same.
    03-31-09 09:16 AM
    s there any shortcut key to turn on and off the mobile network?.thnx in advance guyz this thread is awesome

03-31-09 09:55 AM
    Hello there! I am new to the forum and new the smartphones! I got my bold a month ago and love it i just feel like im not using it to its full potential! thank you all for the tips!
    06-28-09 04:57 PM
    Excellent info!
    06-28-09 06:09 PM
    Hold Left Alt + Shift down and press H

You'll see phone information, pin, imei, etc. You also see your battery as a percent in that screen.

Press Left Alt + Left Shift and you switch to only numbers. You don't need to keep hitting alt to press them.
    Press Left Alt + Right Shift and IT SWITCHES TO ALL CAPS. YOU GET THE IDEA NOW. LoL

Good stuff man......I was wondering how to do this
    06-28-09 06:16 PM
    Good stuff man......I was wondering how to do this
    Wow thanks! I've been wanting to know so much how to make it capitalize at all time.

06-28-09 07:22 PM
    if you are using more than one language as input language on your phone. i.e. you use English and German as example, press the left ALT and the Enter and you will get a pop up selection menu to change your typing language
    06-28-09 07:40 PM
    Great info. Thanks.

06-28-09 07:41 PM
    Great thread learned alot thanks guys!!!!!
    06-28-09 07:55 PM
    Gotta do it with a theme.
    What the **** are you talking about. Did you make that up out of thin air. NOTHING to do with themes, if you don't know what the **** you are talking about don't reply.

Hold Alt and press N M L L : will change your signal bars with percentage
    06-28-09 08:46 PM
    What the **** are you talking about. Did you make that up out of thin air. NOTHING to do with themes, if you don't know what the **** you are talking about don't reply.

Hold Alt and press N M L L : will change your signal bars with percentage
    papped is quite knowledgeable, to be honest. He's also always trying to help people out; so he doesn't deserve your misplaced anger.

(You should have noticed the question was how to change the battery meter to percentage display.)
    Last edited by jeffreii; 06-28-09 at 09:15 PM.
    06-28-09 09:13 PM
210 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD