first of all i would like to tell you guys that i totally love my bb, just love it!! though i find it strange how come they have so much problems like loose trackpads, loose build quality etc. But i can live with these issues but what really bothers me is simple things missing from blackberry operating system those are:
    .1) Call timer - i know there is a call timer in bb, but the thing is it shows total calls received + dialed, where as in Nokia and many other brands outgoing and incoming calls have different timers, it becomes very easy to keep a check on your free minutes. where as in bb i have to keep a manual check which sucks !!

.2) Data timer counter - i know there is a hidden data timer but you can't reset it !! so another thing which annoys me is that i can't keep a tab on my data consumption

.3) Call waiting/ Diverted Call/ call on hold - in Nokia when ever i call some one and the call is on waiting i get a pop up display which says "call waiting", similarly when i get a diverted call from my other number "diverted call" is displayed and when during a call if my call is put on hold by the other person "on hold" is displayed but these things are simply missing in blackberries.

RIM R&D guys are you listening!!
    09-02-11 03:03 AM
    Would like to add a few more to the greivance list;

1. Reject incoming call with sms.
    This is such a useful feature and it is a sign of respect.

2. In call recording.
    Very unavoidable. Sometimes, people need to write down numbers or some details discussed over a call.
    Without call recording, it is such a big nuisance to note down these important things.

3. Better timer for sms.
    Number of sms sent and received and reset timer options very much needed.

4. VOIP.
    Oops!! Am I asking too much? :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 07:25 AM
    For the data counter, if you deal with your bills online as many do there is a data counter, or should be, provided by your carrier. It shows the total, and how much you use each day.

09-02-11 07:42 AM
    first of all i would like to tell you guys that i totally love my bb, just love it!! though i find it strange how come they have so much problems like loose trackpads, loose build quality etc. But i can live with these issues but what really bothers me is simple things missing from blackberry operating system those are:
    .1) Call timer - i know there is a call timer in bb, but the thing is it shows total calls received + dialed, where as in Nokia and many other brands outgoing and incoming calls have different timers, it becomes very easy to keep a check on your free minutes. where as in bb i have to keep a manual check which sucks !!

.2) Data timer counter - i know there is a hidden data timer but you can't reset it !! so another thing which annoys me is that i can't keep a tab on my data consumption

.3) Call waiting/ Diverted Call/ call on hold - in Nokia when ever i call some one and the call is on waiting i get a pop up display which says "call waiting", similarly when i get a diverted call from my other number "diverted call" is displayed and when during a call if my call is put on hold by the other person "on hold" is displayed but these things are simply missing in blackberries.

RIM R&D guys are you listening!!
    You don't miss things from your old phone. You don't know how to find them on your BlackBerry.

1) Phone > Menu > Show History > (click a call) - there you go, that call's duration;

2) Lots of apps for that you know. Free ones even;

3) Hmm... Well, I can see that is a functonality that some would find useful. Most people really won't bother and find it annoying (I know I hate popups of all sorts);

Would like to add a few more to the greivance list;

1. Reject incoming call with sms.
    This is such a useful feature and it is a sign of respect.

2. In call recording.
    Very unavoidable. Sometimes, people need to write down numbers or some details discussed over a call.
    Without call recording, it is such a big nuisance to note down these important things.

3. Better timer for sms.
    Number of sms sent and received and reset timer options very much needed.

4. VOIP.
    Oops!! Am I asking too much? :P
    1) Interesting. Aren't there apps that do that thou?

2) Aren't there laws against this around in some countries? Like, you have to disclose the recording and get an agreement on it? RIM can't garantee people will so it does not go into the OS. Or do you want govs and orgs being their secrets recorded? RIM does not want that lawsuit, that I know...

3) Better as in we have that? Where/how to find? I never bothered but since you brought it up, might as well tell us how to do it.

4) Yep. We all agree on that one.
    09-02-11 09:12 AM
    I wonder how Nokia did it for not getting anybody in trouble with having the call recording feature. What makes it different for them?

09-02-11 10:23 AM
    I agree. Smartphones have the features you like/miss, it's just a matter of knowing how to access them on the BB or download them from AppWorld or OTA.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-02-11 12:01 PM
    I wonder how Nokia did it for not getting anybody in trouble with having the call recording feature. What makes it different for them?
    Maybe I was not clear enough.

RIM is a supplier (both devices and software) for MANY governments around the world.

RIM is a supplier (both devices and software) for MANY companies around the world.

RIM has just entered the consumer market.

Governments and companies do not want their secrets leaking. They also do not want to be held responsible for something they should not have said. So it was a wise move preventing call recording on the phones.

And ofc, there is the law issue I mentioned, althou I am not sure if it applies world wide.
    09-02-11 12:14 PM
    best data/mins/text app i've ever used on a BB its the best free in app world (Telicost)
    09-02-11 12:54 PM
    I don't actually understand this reason well.

It is not Blackberry alone which supplies phones to various governments.
    Nokia phones are also widely used by various government and so does many other brands.

All phones have a beep or similar way to notify that the call is being recorded.

It is strange that only Blackberry doesn't allow in call recording.

And regarding Apps which can reject calls by sms, that's a bit too lame. Most apps for this are paid apps.
    An easy and useful feature that should be part of OS.

09-04-11 01:21 AM
    @bbzak: Funny, I don't recall the US Government using Nokia phones.

You guys got my reasoning, if you want more than that, give RIM a call. Everything else will be just opinions and those we already have.
    09-04-11 08:15 AM
    I miss abbreviated dialing from back when I had my Treo 700wx (that's about all I miss though). I would set it up so that any 4 digit number I dialed would automatically insert the area code and the prefix for my office. This wouldn't cover the whole company, but it did cover off my whole office. So basically calling around my office from my cell phone was the same as dialing from my desk. All I had to do was dial the 4 digit local and hit send.

09-06-11 02:02 AM
    I don't actually understand this reason well.

It is not Blackberry alone which supplies phones to various governments.
    Nokia phones are also widely used by various government and so does many other brands.

All phones have a beep or similar way to notify that the call is being recorded.

It is strange that only Blackberry doesn't allow in call recording.

And regarding Apps which can reject calls by sms, that's a bit too lame. Most apps for this are paid apps.
    An easy and useful feature that should be part of OS.

It is not only BlackBerry who does not allow call recording by default...Apples do not that either. It is not legal so a big brand doesn't want to risk to lose sale leads on some countries or else for things like that.

Regarding the reject and send SMS app the best one it only cost 0.99 USD!! and usually who carries a BlackBerry is someone who can spend far more then that without blinking his eye soo much
    diegonei likes this.
    09-06-11 02:40 AM
    Contiuing the list of features we miss from Nokia,
    Quick add of numbers direct to Address book instead of using copy paste.

Guys..
    Chill..
    This is just a few features we listing up which are done differently in Nokia.
    Some like the BB way, some are still stuck in the Nokia way.
    Nothing serious.

So, let's list it down in a healthy discussion.

09-07-11 11:46 AM
    Couple of things I miss from my previous Nokias...

Terrible reception, abysmal battery life, and a painful UI
    09-07-11 11:51 AM
    "Quick add of numbers direct to Address book instead of using copy paste."
    Covered by OS 7. There are apps for it for previous OS versions.
    09-07-11 01:45 PM
    Wow!!!
    Is it possible to add a number to an existing contact without using copy paste in OS7????
    Brilliant!!!

Another reason to hurry up with my 9900 purchase.

09-07-11 01:50 PM
    I can add a number as either a new contact or to an exsisting without copy paste. And I'm running .650on my 9780. Unless I'm not understanding the issue.

09-07-11 11:30 PM
    Nope, my mistake. Cannot add to an exsisting without copy paste, but imo not at all a big deal. Would take any BB over any Nokia any day of the week.

09-07-11 11:33 PM
    Its not a big deal or deal breaker.

Just a few things which we miss from Nokias of the earlier generation.

Give me the best ever Nokia and I would rather opt for a BB curve anytime!!

09-08-11 06:08 AM
    Dear bbzak,

Regarding "Reject incoming call with sms", please note that "Personal Assistant" application at BlackBerry App World does this feature.

On the other hand, we really cannot compare Apples and Oranges, since each brand has its own flavor, as an owner of BB 9780, Nokia E90 and iPhone, I like them all each in its own way :-)

Cheers,
    09-08-11 07:44 AM
    Comparing? :S

I don't think there is any need to compare between a Nokia and a Blackberry.

Aint it?

09-08-11 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD