06-21-09 06:03 PM
31 12
tools
    Will the 8900 be able to get this if there's an OS Upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 11:55 PM
    Will the 8900 be able to get this if there's an OS Upgrade?

yep, i don't think people understand what true threaded sms is. There isn't a blackberry out there that this function yet. The closest a blackberry currently has to true threaded sms is BBM. Picture BBM but with sms. And yes people do need as not everyone has a blackberry so you can't BBM everyone but you sure can text everyone and thats why its important and i'm glad rim finally saw the light.
    06-20-09 05:33 AM
    This is exaclty what I get on my Bold

You get the history along with a new message. Threaded SMS keeps it clean in 1 continuous message. That means no new message windows every time you get a message from the same person. Think BBM. It's the same.

If you are a heavy texter, the current system, along with most other phones (that don't have threaded SMS) can do a number to your message/sms box. Having Threaded SMS will cut down the windows by a lot, and since the BlackBerry is the "ultimate messaging device" claimed by so many people, it should definitely have this feature.
    06-21-09 09:52 AM
    So why use this new BB messenger when we have/can use MSN messenger?
    06-21-09 10:28 AM
    Yes but that isn't really threaded sms as if you send ten texts back and forth to one person - it stores ten seperate texts each with the conversation up to that point. Threaded texts would be one message, updated when you receive a text from the individual

06-21-09 11:23 AM
    lol @ the debate over what threaded texts means
    06-21-09 06:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD