Hi,

Am wondering what is the easiest way to wear out the silver trims between the keypad rows if you know what I mean.

I want to black out the silver parts between the keys, am just curious what it would look like. I have a spare 9900 with a golden bezel and a couple of spare keyboards so i was hoping making it black would make the phone look nicer...ive tried scraping it off with a flat head screw driver but it goes greyish/white rather then black ..

does anyone know how to make it black? has anyone done this before..guessing not.. lol?

any ideas guys??

thanks
    08-18-13 01:21 PM
    Instructions to make the keyboard black:

Take your device, place it in the centre of the Microwave (any will do) for a minimum of 1 minute, but do not exceed 5 minutes. Doing so will surely blacken the bezel on your phone*

*WARNING - do so at your own risk

Hi,

Am wondering what is the easiest way to wear out the silver trims between the keypad rows if you know what I mean.

I want to black out the silver parts between the keys, am just curious what it would look like. I have a spare 9900 with a golden bezel and a couple of spare keyboards so i was hoping making it black would make the phone look nicer...ive tried scraping it off with a flat head screw driver but it goes greyish/white rather then black ..

does anyone know how to make it black? has anyone done this before..guessing not.. lol?

any ideas guys??

thanks
    08-18-13 01:29 PM
    You *******! All the time I had my 9900 I was praying for that to NOT happen! And it did. Normal use did it for me (stuffing it in my pocket ".

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Krack-Berri likes this.
    08-18-13 01:35 PM

Take your device, place it in the centre of the Microwave (any will do) for a minimum of 1 minute, but do not exceed 5 minutes. Doing so will surely blacken the bezel on your phone*

08-18-13 01:46 PM
    LOOOOL, that made me laugh.

Couple of my keyboards have slight areas where its rubbed off but i have no idea how to take it all off without damaging the rest of the keyboard. Was just experimenting on one and i simply took the silver part out lol, looks ugly now btw looks greyish matte finish in between, prefer it all black rather then taking it out.
    08-18-13 02:09 PM
    Go out and buy a sharpie . Quickest and easiest way.

IROC-Z10 But Mostly She Rocks Me!!
    08-18-13 02:11 PM

Just tried.. wasn't hoping to come out with a a fully blacked out kitchen
    fedakd likes this.
    08-18-13 02:11 PM
    Go out and buy a sharpie . Quickest and easiest way.

I thought of that, however i have tried another brand black permanent market though it turns it a different colour - don't remember which colour it was but looked weird.
    08-18-13 02:12 PM
    I made mine black also. The silver coating did vanish afther 3years. So I scrape them of with my nails. Black on Black it's pretty sweeett.
    08-18-13 03:46 PM
    Tape to protect the surfaces you want protected. Steel wool to work off the silver coating.

Cheers.
    Krack-Berri likes this.
    08-18-13 03:52 PM
    I made mine black also. The silver coating did vanish afther 3years. So I scrape them of with my nails. Black on Black it's pretty sweeett.
    Hi, would you mind showing us your phone?
    08-18-13 04:43 PM
    I was only joking about the sharpie. Lol

08-18-13 05:10 PM
    I was only joking about the sharpie. Lol

Sharpies are great!

Back in the 9700 days I changed my keypad light using them markers, oh fun times lol.
    08-18-13 05:41 PM
    Hi, would you mind showing us your phone?
    Is there a way to wear out the keyboard silver trim?-img-20130819-wa000.jpgIs there a way to wear out the keyboard silver trim?-img-20130819-wa001.jpgIs there a way to wear out the keyboard silver trim?-img-20130819-wa002.jpg

I kept the last silver line (for now ), because that one was still ok. The black lines without the silver are also glossy, which isn't that clear visable on the photo's unfortunately .
    Krack-Berri likes this.
    08-19-13 09:58 AM
    Whoa. That's some serious peeling. Haha. My silver trim is still on my 9930, thankfully. The issue I've had with all of my keyboard BBs, is that the paint on the DEL and P keys, without fail, peel on the edges. Guess I use those keys often or something. Haha.
    08-19-13 10:45 AM