I've got a bold 9900 with TMobile UK and am unable to get the hotspot to work. When I switch it on I always get Activation Required. I can use the Internet fine with the phone and my playbook. I also can't use the phone as a modem through BB Desktop, I just get a notification from TM that I need to buy a booster. Oddly I get the same message if I browse to any EE (TMobile) Web Page on my Bold.

TM say I need to buy another booster to access their web pages on my phone (I'm abroad using BB World email booster). I've used BBW email booster in my old Torch previously. And been able to tether, and visits EE pages so I think they're possibly wrong.

Does anyone else have issues with the hotspot or Desktop modem mode using The Mobile or a bold? Or have any advice on how to fix this please?
    11-25-14 04:46 AM
    If T-Mobile are blocking hotspot usage then there's nothing you can do.

I hate when companies charge you for these things.
    11-25-14 06:23 AM
    I think The Mobile aren't blocking the hotspot as it worked previously in my Torch! I was wondering though if there was some known issue with TMUK and 9900. Despite TM saying I need to buy another booster JUST to see their web pages I think they're wrong. Why would anyone need to have one booster for the entire Internet, anywhere in the world and unlimited at that, then have to purchase another booster just to see EE's home Page?
    11-25-14 11:15 AM