I know the general anwer here but yesterday i purchased another BB bold and it feels slightly heavier than the one i have now, the screen isnt a "white" its more dimmer even with the brightness up to 100%... its not dark.. just different shades... and the backing behinde the battery door is differnet also... Im jw cause im fixing to sell one of them and idk if there is a major differece... The one i got yesterday is brand new BTW
    06-15-09 05:12 PM
    Depends on where it's made. I've had those characteristics in 2 different Bolds
    that I've had.
    06-15-09 05:18 PM
    Yea, some are made in canada, and some are made in hungary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 05:24 PM
    is anyone built better than the other? or any other differences?
    06-15-09 05:27 PM
    Some are made in mexico also

06-15-09 05:33 PM
    is anyone built better than the other? or any other differences?
    They are all most likely the same, but there could be very slight differences in the types of materials used, etc. Nothing that I think would effect the performance or anything critical.

Chris
    06-16-09 12:42 AM
    I just took my bold back to telstra, and they replaced the handset (it was under warranty).

The handset I got this time was definitely heavier. Felt much, much more sturdy.

Not that i'm complaining!
    06-16-09 10:51 PM
    This is strange I never heard anything like this before. It could just be where it was manufactured. I don't see anything with canada one since I have one. It is most likely hungary or other that may have this problem you described.

06-17-09 12:40 AM
    mine is hungary and so far so good. got it brand new in jan, and screen is nice and bright white, no battery door creak, trackball only acted up once about 3 months ago, but never again...

only thing i do notice is that flash on camera is yellowish, but that's it, i raraly use camera anyhow...

hungarian = quality
    06-17-09 12:46 AM
    Mine is also Made in hungry i got it from vodafone its defeintly better than the my friends phone which he got it from some retailer .
    06-17-09 02:42 AM
    There is actually some difference in keypad as well. I believe there is a bold with a QWERZ keypad arrangement as opposed to QWERTY.

Here in indonesia, the QWERTY version is more expensive.

06-17-09 06:27 AM
    My son and I both have 8900's. His is heavier, back cover is loose, and just feels totally different. Didn't check where they're made though.
    06-17-09 08:50 AM
    i'm comparing both my bolds right now and one does seem slightly slightly heavier but not a big difference
    06-17-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD