This has probably been asked but...

Are there any keyboards and trackpads available that do away with the chrome trim? Im trying to build a matte black berry. I really hate chrome I think it's tacky, and I havent had any luck in finding a matte (or even gloss) grey kit.
    Last edited by Derangedgoose; 06-04-10 at 12:17 AM.
    06-02-10 11:52 PM
    you can remove the chrome frets but you'll have spaces between the keys. perhaps you can remove them and then paint them and but them back in.

as for the trackpad, no.
    06-03-10 05:39 AM
    you can remove the chrome frets but you'll have spaces between the keys. perhaps you can remove them and then paint them and but them back in.

as for the trackpad, no.
    How does one remove them? Are they snap-in?
    06-04-10 12:17 AM
    I bought BB Bold II on 15th may and in last week only silver stripes in keypad started losing steel plating. Never seen such build quality from BB have used 8900 & 9000 both for more then 6 minths. After paying **** we deserve this ?
    06-04-10 02:37 AM
    I bought BB Bold II on 15th may and in last week only silver stripes in keypad started losing steel plating. Never seen such build quality from BB have used 8900 & 9000 both for more then 6 minths. After paying **** we deserve this ?
    you dont need to repost this. you already made your own thread and now 3rd post with this exact statement in it.

as for the OP, you can remove the frets like i did. they may reinstall, as they are a press fit however i doubt they will ever be tight as they are new. your best bet is to just pop them out.
    06-04-10 04:42 AM
    as for the OP, you can remove the frets like i did. they may reinstall, as they are a press fit however i doubt they will ever be tight as they are new. your best bet is to just pop them out.
    Did you post a how to or pictures in a thread somewhere? Are you saying there is some glue involved, or just that their tabs/slots get loosened?
    06-04-10 11:31 AM
    @dictoresno mind showing how you did it? I too am interested. The Q10 reminds me of the 9700 - and I much favoured the "all-black" 9780 released after, I'm sure Blackberry will do the same and release an updated "refreshed" Q10 in a year or two and have the "all-black" look like they had with the 9780. But in the meantime if you can show us how you did it, that would be helpful.
    08-24-13 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD