A happy face has shown up on the notification bar of my blackberry 9000. I've went through my message boxes and folders and found nothing new. Anyone know what it is? 'm using OS 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Judycide likes this.
    01-23-11 07:18 PM
    Usually it will be 3rd party app notification, check all your app's for updates or other notifications. And a screen shot would be helpfull.

Judycide and maltiwi like this.
    01-23-11 07:31 PM
    Also see if you have any groups active in BBM. I believe one of the icons for a group is a smiley face...

Judycide likes this.
    01-23-11 09:11 PM
    could also be AIM --
    Judycide likes this.
    01-23-11 09:39 PM
    I think it's a group , or maybe your blackberry is just happy.

Our blackberries are like our babies , they've feeling ... and we spend time with them more than anything.
    Judycide likes this.
    01-24-11 01:38 AM
    Do you have the hangman game installed? That shows a white smiley face everyday when it pushes its daily update
    Judycide and wayoung like this.
    01-24-11 06:46 AM
    on my bb its means that there is a new msg from one of my bbm groups.
    Judycide likes this.
    01-24-11 10:03 AM
    Do you have the hangman game installed? That shows a white smiley face everyday when it pushes its daily update
    That was it. Thank you!
    Judycide likes this.
    01-24-11 10:58 AM
    8:42 PM October 2, 2012

This icon in my notification bar was driving me crazy for the last couple of days, since I had updated my Blackberry Torch 9800.

My son suggested searching for "White Smiley Face in Notification Bar on Blackberry Torch 9800."

That was it! I have the "Hangman" game installed on my phone to use when I have Jury Duty or when the electricity goes out at my house or some other time when I am waiting for something to happen and there is nothing else to do.

So, thank you to Wayoung for asking the question, and thank you to vectrac19 for suggesting that the answer could be the "Hangman" game!

By the way, I "Liked" and "Thanked" everyone who has contributed to this posting! You have all suggested something that could in the future be an annoying problem!

Judycide !
    Last edited by Judycide; 10-03-12 at 12:09 AM.
    troubl3dman likes this.
    10-02-12 11:42 PM
    This sort of scenario is happening to be as well but in my case it is the number 48 just in the middle of the notification bar. I have switched different phones (both Blackberry) and it still won't go away.

Anybody have an idea of how I can get rid of this? Thanks in advance for the help!
    06-08-13 09:54 PM
    Lol better than sad face, rt?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:07 PM
    hahah well that's true but annoying AF as the number 48 is always there lol even after I have no new notifications it just stays there.
    06-09-13 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD