ok so i finally got my black trackball, t5 screwdriver & pick to pry open certain areas of the inside of the Bold. im happy yet im still pretty hesitant i might mess something up
    so i have my YouTube video ready to walk me thru but yet im still worried,
    any suggestions or things i should watch out for?
    thank for your input
    07-23-09 09:03 AM
    Just be patient.
    07-23-09 09:21 AM
    Don't worry, take it slow, it's very easy and you'll make it. I've done that a million times..
    07-23-09 09:24 AM
    let us know how it went
    07-23-09 09:27 AM
    Go slow and follow exactly as the video shows....I used a pair if fine tweezers to remove the trackball cover just like the video shows...it does take patience to get under the two little clasps that hold it down...also make your life much easier and detach the lcd from the board instead of trying to get around that part...its not necessary to do so but it makes it much easier to put it all back together...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 09:56 AM
    so i replaced the trackball but its like this trackball is worse?
    it kind of sticks & doesnt really respond well?
    07-23-09 10:15 AM
    Where'd you get it from? Is it a colored one?
    I just got a green one that has the same problems and just overall feels odd and acts oddly. I'm still trying to get used to it because it looks cooler, but as I said somewhere else in the forums, sometimes functionality is better than looks lol - I may go back to my old trackball eventually if I can't get used to this.
    07-23-09 10:48 AM
    yeah, its weird its like the brand new black trackball i got has been used?..
    i dont know, sometimes when i try to scroll up it sticks for a second i guess ill have to sacrifice functionality for the look of the black trackball...
    07-23-09 11:36 AM
    Most trackballs available from online stores are cheap knockoffs made in China, namely the colored ones. It's usually best to stick with the original one or try and find a real OEM one (most are falsely labeled OEM to get you to purchase them).
    07-23-09 11:42 AM
    If you take your time and follow the instructions you'll be good. Worse that could happen is you break a connector. That happened to me, had to get a new LCD.
    07-23-09 11:45 AM
    youtube : Blackberry assembly and disassembly
    07-23-09 12:12 PM
    if you are having problems with it sticking you can take the actual ball out and put it on with the oem rollers... I did on my blacked out bold and it feels very nice..... be patient though it gets annoying when you can't clip it closed lol
    07-23-09 04:35 PM
    if you are having problems with it sticking you can take the actual ball out and put it on with the oem rollers... I did on my blacked out bold and it feels very nice..... be patient though it gets annoying when you can't clip it closed lol
    Hmm, so it's really the rollers, not the actual ball, that make it all feel so strange and stick sometimes?
    07-23-09 05:09 PM
    I went to a store where they unlock and repair cellphones, they usually have the trackballs there and will do it for you including the sale of the call and installation for about $25, i got a re/orange on my bold looks fantastic and those guys know what they are doing!
    07-23-09 05:11 PM
    Hmm, so it's really the rollers, not the actual ball, that make it all feel so strange and stick sometimes?
    Yup yup.... I read about it on another post.... Forgot what it was about though I know something similiar to this one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 11:10 PM
    Yeah I want to put in a white ball for myself. On a side note, I have a question for Raven Valkyrie... I notice your avatar is a white bold. I've been wanting to buy a full white housing + white keyboard from eBay. Can I ask where you purchased yours from and how is the quality? And also, if you bothered to separate the LCD from the glass lens to put a white glass lens on, I heard that's very difficult and very easy to destroy your LCD. Sorry if I'm bothering you, it's just something that's a big step for me, I never usually mess around with things like this.
    07-24-09 12:07 AM
    I had trouble...hope you have more luck
    07-24-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD