I was wondering if there is a free program to give me an EXACT GPS route to an address and not just cross streets, thank you ;P
    11-10-08 11:11 PM
    I know Nav4All did on my 8820, but the directions never seemed reliable.
    If you come across an expendable $99, I hear the Garmin software is amazing.
    11-10-08 11:12 PM
    Google maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 11:14 PM
    EXACT GPS, is a myth, you'll never find an app that gives EXACT GPS. 3-5 meters is airport quality and even that is not EXACT.
    11-10-08 11:15 PM
    Google Maps is free and does what you're asking for.

Bla1ze is right; accurate to 3-5m is as exact as consumer-grade GPS gets. Incidentally, my Bold, when it gets a good fix, is accurate to 3m; one of my friend's Garmin is only accurate to 10m. :P
    11-10-08 11:42 PM
    Googlemaps is amazing ..its preett accurate.. Its what i use instead of th bb maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 12:15 AM
    There is also amazeGPS www.amazegps.com
    11-11-08 07:47 AM
    I was wondering if there is a free program to give me an EXACT GPS route to an address and not just cross streets, thank you ;P
    Considering there is no cross reference generally available to lookup an address into GPS coordinates, probably not. The best you can expect is to street, or maybe a few blocks and a rough idea where the house numbers fall. Most of the mapping programs which know about house numbers simply have a few reference points and interpolate the majority as equally spaced to fill the gaps.
    11-11-08 09:03 AM
    I have found AmazeGPS to be a good choice, you type in an address and it finds it. When I tested it yesterday during my lunch it brought me right to the driveway of my destination.
    11-11-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD