Hi everyone there, is there any different if i m using an export handset instead or a local service provider set ? Would love to get a bb 9700 but in my country the provider have not launch yet. What are the difference of AT & t, T mobile, vodaphone..etc handset. Is therer ant restriction on the software and application?
    11-28-09 11:32 AM
    you need to buy an unlocked BB with a clear IMEI number.
    11-28-09 11:57 AM
    True dat and welcome to the addiction.
    11-28-09 12:06 PM
    Like all BlackBerry, the 9700 is branded to the original carrier. That is the only difference. They all come off with identical hardware and interchangeable software.
    11-28-09 12:25 PM
    Many thanks for the useful reply. That mean a unlocked bb should works fine for me, but wat abt BBM? i can still sign up a plan?
    11-28-09 11:28 PM
    I reckon u should do a bit more research cos they're not providing u with the full story. The TMob US version uses a diff frequency for 3G then the AT&T version. Check the frequency that your carrier uses and find out which branded one is right for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 02:46 AM
    If you are from Europe or Asia, better go for the 9700 that was built/made in Europe. Those that were built from the Northern Americas were built in two types of GSM frequencies. As far as I know, GSM frequencies are the same in Europe & Asisa.

I'm here in the Middle East & using the one made in Europe & it is working flawlessly with my carrier. Of course, each carriers have their own Service Books. BlackBerry Application World does not work here for example.

That said, you can check your country's GSM frequency here: Mobile networks - GSM and 3G coverage
    11-29-09 03:33 AM
    Gsm will be the same. But if you buy a 3G blackberry and intend to use it on 2G only its a shameful waste. Might as well get the 8900 or the 8520. I know in Aust the AT&T version of the 9700 doesn't work on 3G so that's why I got the T-Mob version. Just do the research and you'll be sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 04:09 AM
    thanks again for th kind user reply, thru everyone reply i gain some knowledge. In Singapore, currently there is T Mobile set. For our carrier is providing Vodaphone for the previous bb model. i cant wait to get the 9700, will do my research fast. Nice meeting everyone's. Cheers
    11-29-09 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD