Does anyone know if the "next round" of Blackberry units will forward voicemail in .wav file format???
    ...The 9650 I used for a day forwarded everything in .amr which NONE of our company computers would play.

I work for a company that NOTHING goes on the PC except what came with the OS and work related software...

The people on Androids forward visual voicemail to one another and the media player plays it fine. The blackberry does not. I can't install real player and can't help but think there is some setting on the BB I don't know about which would allow me to forward things from a BB that a stand alone windows machine can play.

I called an AT&T Rep who emailed me what the new Torch does with forwarded visual voicemail and it was the same thing ( .amr ).

The other question I had was about the camera on the Bold and why the picture quality is so terrible at 3.2 MP... I previously had a Storm1 which was a junk phone but took excellent pictures, significantly better then the example pics the AT&T rep sent me from the new Torch. What gives with that?

I loved the blackberry because of the battery life, it's a tough phone & you can take it out and answer a call when it's raining plus it seems BB does the best with email of any smartphone in the market.

I am NOT interested at all in youmail - I would use the bb app that comes installed on the phone only.

Thanks for any help
    09-09-10 12:05 AM
    You're post is kinda confusing because you jump between different phones at different points...

Are you focusing properly for camera shots? Hold the shutter button half pressed to focus.

I take pretty good pictures with 3.2mp, so the camera definitely doesn't suck.
    09-09-10 12:44 AM
    Make sure your focusing before you take the picture. My camera takes excellent pics.
    09-09-10 08:00 AM
    I know you are against it but youmail does exactly what you are looking for!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 08:42 AM
    youmail costs a monthly fee if i am not mistaken.
    09-09-10 09:37 AM
    youmail costs a monthly fee if i am not mistaken.
    It COULD if you want some of the most advanced features such as message transciption, but most of the services are free, including the voicemail, and what the OP needs. They also have custom greetings and white and blacklisting of phonenumbers. And MOST of the stuff is free.
    09-09-10 09:41 AM
    To address your camera issue, try what papped said first. If that doesn't improve your image quality, hit the menu button while in the camera and select "options". Make sure picture quality is set to superfine and autofocus is either set on normal or close-up depending on how far away the subject of your picture is.

If that doesn't fix it, some users have reported focusing issues that cannot be fixed. Attempt a return while you are still under warranty if the camera is important to you.
    09-09-10 09:47 AM
    It COULD if you want some of the most advanced features such as message transciption, but most of the services are free, including the voicemail, and what the OP needs. They also have custom greetings and white and blacklisting of phonenumbers. And MOST of the stuff is free.
    Youmail also does not require the installation of an app at all. All you have to do is change the no answer forwarding settings on your phone (and their website provides excellent directions on how to do that). Although there is an app, you can do all of the setup on Youmail on their website from your PC. I do believe voicemails get forwarded as mp3s rather than wav files but that should not be a problem.

Hullomail also works in a similar fashion. Google Voice provides free transcription but it does not attach the messages as sound files. Or if it does I haven't found the setting on how to do that.
    09-09-10 10:05 AM
    You can download the messages from google voice though I think...
    09-09-10 04:47 PM
    So i am using my bold 9650 for sprint i got it about 2 days ago and already having couple problems with it. first off my internet would not work because it was only working on hotspot and not on my 3g so i found a forum to fix it and i got it to work again for now. now my new problem is i try to go on youtube to watch a video and it has worked before.... now when i click to watch a video it wont play i refresh it and then the following message comes up "device media processor is busy." and on the top right error playing. i tried to play other youtube videos and it wont work. i hope i didnt mess it up trying to fix my internet. i also tried taking out the battery couple time and it does not work. some please help. and i apologize if this was already answered i tried real hard finding the solution and couldnt find it =/
    09-10-10 02:28 PM
    You're post is kinda confusing because you jump between different phones at different points...
    Sorry about that, I'll take another shot at my question....
    ...Which is essentially - does blackberry plan to export an audio file that business computers can play?

I mentioned the Android units because when you forward VVM to an email addresss....
    ...The audio attachment shows up in a format any stand alone windows machine can play.

Medium to large companies have strict rules about PC's and generally do not allow users to DL and install software / programs outside of what's considered company related.

Most everyone in the business community uses windows based machines so I was sort of supprised that BB would export a format which is alien to the vast majority of operating systems used in the business community.

For example you use your BB to take a detailed voice note such as stock #'s or VIN's ( like in an auto group ).....
    ...Then you forward your voice notes in an email to the person who needs the information.

They can't listen to it because BB exports everything in a format that's alien to the majority of business computers.

Does anyone know if BB is going to change this in the future with an update or app?

I get around 20 voicemails per day and a VVM I can email off to the proper person is one less note I have to make...
    ...To me the VVM I used on the Android was the best thing since sliced bread.

And the only thing BB is missing as RIM has the market cornered on email and battery life.

Are you focusing properly for camera shots? Hold the shutter button half pressed to focus.

I take pretty good pictures with 3.2mp, so the camera definitely doesn't suck.
    I had the 1st Storm phone and in looking at the pictures it took compared to the bold there was NO comparing them. I'll attempt to upload some.
    09-15-10 12:17 PM
    That looks like nearly the same quality I can get with my 9700. Pictures seems to be clearer when taken in natural light or with the flash. Have to hold the phone very still too.
    09-15-10 12:47 PM
    Looks like there isn't a solution w/ BB exporting audio files which are alien to stand alone windows machines.
    09-17-10 02:32 PM
    Still no solution - 4 months and counting.
    02-10-11 06:34 PM
    Oh, well let me call up Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis and ask them. Sorry, I didn't know you wanted to know RIM's future plans that they don't share with the public.

02-10-11 06:38 PM
    Oh, well let me call up Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis and ask them. Sorry, I didn't know you wanted to know RIM's future plans that they don't share with the public.

Perhaps someone from RIM will read this thread and "get it" SCrid2000....
    ...Unfortunately it's that type of thought process that's got RIM stuck in it's own soiled bed.
    ...Perhaps Jim and Mike would appreciate a call - it appears they could use all the help they can get.

It's now coming up on a YEAR since the question was asked and I'm now wondering if the solution.....
    ...Is to simply REMOVE VVM from OS7 devices?
    ...That will be interesting.
    Last edited by pythons; 08-01-11 at 11:16 PM.
    08-01-11 11:13 PM
    Still no solution - 4 months and counting.
    you can play .amr on PCs... just get another media player like BS player or something...
    08-02-11 12:58 AM
    As far as the camera issue goes, this sounds stupid/obvious, but have you cleaned the lens recently? My photos were blurred and looked unfocused, and I was stumped for a couple days until I checked and found a big ol' fingerprint on it. Cleaned it off with a cotton towel and pictures are clear again!
    08-02-11 09:08 PM
    Check into and app called youmail. Free visual voicemail the allows me to email any voicemail as mp3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-03-11 02:02 AM
    you can play .amr on PCs... just get another media player like BS player or something...
    On corporate business computers I.T. is strict & people just don't willy nilly download .exe's on work machines....
    ...Which is why I found it so odd RIM would export an audio file from a BB.
    ...That's alien to 98% of the corportate world's windows based machines.

Yet emailing a VVM from a droid plays just fine on the windows player....
    ..It's things like this combined with a whole lot more that cost RIM it's place in the business community.
    08-04-11 12:18 AM
    08-08-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD