please help I uninstalled DM and it deleted my back ups for my Bold and Curve. All my contacts are deleted. Any help is appreciated.
    05-31-09 10:41 PM
    Your contacts should still be on your devices. Reinstall DM and make new backups. Also, if your previous backups were deleted, they should be in your PC's wastebasket. You can undelete them from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 11:04 PM
    Your contacts should still be on your devices. Reinstall DM and make new backups. Also, if your previous backups were deleted, they should be in your PC's wastebasket. You can undelete them from there.

Thanks for the reply the part that has me stuck is I wiped the device with Jd. When I deleted DM it deleted the alx files. checked the recycle bin and none are there. any other suggestions?
    05-31-09 11:08 PM
    If they are not in the recycling bin. They are gone yes. But there is always a tag of deleted items stored on a computer. I'm not too familiar with or even how you could restore a file that you have deleted past the bin. I have herd of it being done though

05-31-09 11:11 PM
    If they are not in the recycling bin. They are gone yes. But there is always a tag of deleted items stored on a computer. I'm not too familiar with or even how you could restore a file that you have deleted past the bin. I have herd of it being done though

Yeah I've just about run out of ideas. I even tried a system restore but no luck there either
    05-31-09 11:12 PM
    Backup files have .ipd file name suffixes. .alx files are applications, not backups. Look for ipd in the trash.

05-31-09 11:13 PM
    Backup files have .ipd file name suffixes. .alx files are applications, not backups. Look for ipd in the trash.

ok I found it. now will I used dm or apploader to load it?
    05-31-09 11:15 PM
    ok I found it. now will I used dm or apploader to load it?

OMG thank you! It worked and am now in the process of having all 200 contacts back =)
    05-31-09 11:17 PM
    Reinstall DM, undelete the ipd back to the directory it was in initially, and use the DM restore function to reload your data on your device. A backup only has personal data. Your 3rd party apps (if you had any) will still be gone since you wiped your device.

05-31-09 11:19 PM
    Undelete.

Data never gets deleted, only overwritten.

06-01-09 05:42 AM
    Thanks for the reply the part that has me stuck is I wiped the device with Jd. When I deleted DM it deleted the alx files. checked the recycle bin and none are there. any other suggestions?

my best advice is write it down complete contact lists on the paper in case if you delete it all from DM or waste basket , but other than that you did mentioned as above , there is no hope for you to get it back.
    06-01-09 07:49 AM
    Undelete.

Data never gets deleted, only overwritten.

yeah but not complete data will ever be recovered because of overwritten.
    06-01-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD