I guess maybe this is a OS 7 question - but I am specific to the 9900.

Any way to identify how many lifetime hours the phone has been used?

Like - if someone is selling a 9900 and they say they only used it for one week, a few hours a day and are selling it - is there a code to type in that would say how many lifetime hours it has been used or made calls etc?

So you can maybe see if they are being honest about how long they have used the phone and battery?

thanks!
    10-02-13 05:56 PM
    I think there is a call summary, but don't remember exactly where. And if I recall correctly, a savvy enough user can wipe the logs.

But again, haven't touched my 9900 in a month. I'll boot it for ya, in the meantime, someone else could chime in.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-02-13 06:00 PM
    Hold Alt and type LGLG to view the system log. Yes it can be erased. However if it has NOT been erased and you scroll and see log data going back longer than a week (or something reasonable) you'd know the seller is not being truthful.

Only issue.. other isue... is I am not sure how far back a log would go, and of course it would vary according to use. It holds a finite amount of data with the oldest continually being removed as new data is written.

But the log is always there and probably something the seller is not aware of unless there are pretty savvy with BlackBerrys.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    10-02-13 06:04 PM
    go to option - device - device and status information - type BUYR - you can see their is a ”buyer's remorse”.
    There, it shows data and voice usage, that should give you a pretty good idea of how long the device has been used.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-02-13 07:45 PM
    all that's barring they didn't do a wipe because I just looked at mine and I did a wipe recently and it shows only what's been done since the wipe.
    10-02-13 08:48 PM
    all that's barring they didn't do a wipe because I just looked at mine and I did a wipe recently and it shows only what's been done since the wipe.
    That's interesting, because I bought mine used 6 months ago, and wiped at least twice, including the first one right after the purchase.
    It still shows a talk time of some 23 hours, which in no way is mine (I seldom talk on the phone :-), and the data usage is way big number.
    Something to do with the OS version?
    10-02-13 09:08 PM
    Awersome--

thanks to everyone who responded.

As a test - I did the BUYR on my current 9900 - whoch I have had for about 2 or 3 weeks only. I wiped it with BBSAK when I got it and did to total OS restore. I'm guessing I've talked about maybe 20 minutes on the phone since then.

and my BB is showing a call time of

1:11:12:10

So - I just dialled my vmail and hung up and it added 7 seconds

1:11:12:17

So - what is the first '1'? is that "1 day 11 hours 12 minutes 17 seconds"?

either way - it is WAY more time than I have used since i did the BBSAK wipe.

So I do think it keeps a complete record!

thanks!
    southlander likes this.
    10-02-13 10:39 PM