Hi, I have a verizon bold 9650 and suddenly I am having this weird text messaging issue. When I open up a text message somebody sent me there is already a reply in the reply box, but this is not an auto response I set up, the reply is from a previous text message I sent to somebody else in the past. This is occurrring with every text message, when I open it there is already a response populate into the field. If I back out of the message it appears as a drafted message in my inbox (green icon).

Has anybody ever seen this before? I went through the SMS options but I cannot see any options that relate to this.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    08-29-11 09:45 AM
    Possibly a corrupted database. Hard to say without actually reviewing the error. If you have your messages backed you could delete the database and see if the issue persists with new messages.
    08-29-11 11:35 AM
    Do you have any saved text msgs? If so, try deleting all prior and see if you still have the problem.
    08-29-11 01:47 PM
    Do you have any saved text msgs? If so, try deleting all prior and see if you still have the problem.
    That is what I believe the issue is, this is an employee of our's device. It looked like he had a bunch of drafts from previous messages he meant to send to the recepients but the messages never went through so when he opens up a message from that recepient his previous response is still in the field. The user is positive that the messages were sent in the past, but I tested it by sending him a text message from my phone and when he opened it the reply field had no response in it.
    08-29-11 03:52 PM
    Have you tried deleting all prior text messages?
    08-30-11 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD