As I'm sure all of you know, it's annoying to get 5 text messages in a row that are 160 characters long, rather than just getting one long one.

With all but one of my friends, I get ONE single long message. The problem is, my girl friend has a G2, and for some reason, our messages are split apart, instead of a whole. For her, it's only when she gets messages from me, and for me, she's the only one who's messages are split up like that.

I don't understand why it does that, seeing as we both have smart phones, etc..
    Anyone have some insight as to what the problem may be?

Thanks
    07-14-11 02:18 PM
    The answer depends on the carrier. Different carriers implement the SMS standard differently. A good solution is crunchSMS.
    07-14-11 02:24 PM
    Tmobile for the G2, and at&t for my bold
    07-14-11 02:25 PM
    I'm surprised, since those are both GSM carriers. My recommended solution is still the same, crunchSMS. There's not anything you can do to affect how your carrier handles SMS.
    07-14-11 02:28 PM
    What confuses me is.... I have other friends with tmobile, and I have no trouble receiving lengthy messages. it's just with this one person.
    07-14-11 02:37 PM
    It sounds like it's time to replace either the girlfriend or her phone...
    07-14-11 02:42 PM
    haha, well, the phone is a G2, which is.... not exactly an antique
    I'll live with it, just wondering if there was some settings or something that I had possibly screwed up.
    Thanks for the help.
    07-14-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD