I noticed that when I send a lot of text to one person, eventually the sending will freeze and I cannot open a text from this one person.

Is this a common issue? I am on ATT and running .296

Thanks,

CT
    01-06-10 03:32 AM
    Mine did that yesterday. Not sure exactly what I did but it seems to have started working again out of no where.
    It was like I could open up some convos, but on the recent one I couldn't open it unless I battery pulled. Then it would only let me view it once.

Haven't had any long conversations since though, hopefully it doesn't keep happening.
    running .405 also ATT
    01-06-10 04:27 AM
    It does that to me as well. My remedy to that is to just delete the conversation altogether and resend that person another text. I'm also running on att. .405.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 05:29 AM
    This used to happen to me. You don't have to delete the convo, just press the menu button, click on compose sms and then type in the name of the person that you were having the conversation with and it will open it up for you. When you get a chance you should update your os because it will most likely get rid of the problem.

01-06-10 05:41 AM
    This used to happen to me. You don't have to delete the convo, just press the menu button, click on compose sms and then type in the name of the person that you were having the conversation with and it will open it up for you. When you get a chance you should update your os because it will most likely get rid of the problem.

+1 to upgrading the os this may solve your problem
    01-06-10 07:19 AM
    Negative on upgrading to fix. I finally made it to .423 and I still have this issue. Hasn't happened since I disabled BerryWeather. It's too soon for me to say if that's the cause tho.

01-06-10 09:39 AM
    Same thing happens to me, but only with a couple specific people. Also happens to a friend of mine. Funny thing is, it happens when sending texts to the same person. I'm running .330 on TMO. Don't want to upgrade just yet though.

Anyone have a solution?
    01-06-10 09:42 AM
    Same thing happens to me, but only with a couple specific people. Also happens to a friend of mine. Funny thing is, it happens when sending texts to the same person. I'm running .330 on TMO. Don't want to upgrade just yet though.

Anyone have a solution?
    Yeah, this is exactly what's happening to me. Only when it's a lot of messages to the same person, but it's only specific people. My friend is having this issue as well. I had noticed it will have an issue sending, then it drops the message in the wrong spot, not at the bottom of the messages, and then it locks. Then I have to go to compose sms, choose that person, then it puts it all back in order. I have gone from .330 to .423 with the exact same issue. My friend is on an 8900 with the same.
    01-06-10 10:06 AM
    I guess this is a bug that needs a fix. Any suggestions anyone else?

I'd hate to have to cut down on my long texting sessions... esp when I pay an arm and a leg for unlimited text! =)
    01-06-10 01:13 PM
    Any word on this yet? Just happened to me.

BTW - any way to backup texts?
    01-09-10 09:19 PM
    I'd have to advise against the upgrade, at least if you're doing it to fix this problem. I have a thread (above ... Weird SMS problem - I don't know how to do a link!) and I just upgraded today to .405 and it's even worse! Of course, maybe .423 will be better, but I'm kind of hesitant because it's not for ATT and .405 is. Anyways, just wanted to add my two cents. If you figure out what is going on, please post back!
    01-09-10 10:19 PM
    Upgrade to .423, and if you are still facing problems, look at my thread on how to fix it.
    But I am sure it will go with .423, if not, just follow the thread ^.
    01-10-10 03:55 AM
    This happens to me from time to time with .423.
    01-10-10 09:26 AM
    This has happened to me, even with the os upgrade...the only way I could open the txt msgs was to go to phone book and select to sms that person

01-10-10 09:40 AM
    I was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this.
    I phoned Rogers on Friday to complain and she said oh, everyones been having similar problems lately, I think it's RIM
    I said to her, well, it's not like I'm not GETTING messages, I just can't get INTO them when I press the trackpad to select, she just doesn't get it, or doesn't give a you know what.
    I think I'm going to call them again.
    I trolled Google for this and it's all over all kinds of forums just as of late - doesn't look good for us 9700 users
    01-11-10 09:28 PM
    I have the same problem now, that only started since I did the last update.
    11-18-13 06:36 PM
    It's a continuing problem. Maybe it's just a 9700 problem? One way around it is to reboot. That seems to re-open all the SMS chats. Another option is to wait a considerable amount of time, which also seems to "unlock" the chat. It's not good.
    11-19-13 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD