Can u really tether and make/receive calls at the same time???? I tethered once about a year ago w/a samsung phone. It worked nicely, but my connection would disconnect for voice calls. I ended up getting a wireless card separately instead. So I could, say, for example, have uninterrupted browsing of these forums while talking to my wife on a bluetooth headset? ****, I might cancel my wireless card and use some of that money towards tethering and pocket the rest.

I have also read of the work-around to tether w/out paying for it................but no one ever seems to follow up from their "yeah i got it to work--will just have to wait and see if it shows up on my bill..will try to stay in the 2-3gb or less range." How many of u took it up the wazoo by being discovered? If so, did u get them to waive some/all the charges? Did they say u were illegally using services or that u were just using too much data? No one ever seems to post after completing the work-around w/out paying for ATT tethering. Thanks in advance
    05-30-09 12:16 PM
    Unfortunately I don't know from experience but my co-workers at ATT use tetherberry and say it works beautifully...no consequences. Don't quote me on that though.
    05-30-09 12:21 PM
    Haven't looked up tberry. I assume its free or a cheaper alternative to the ATT tethering assuming it costs anything?
    05-30-09 12:24 PM
    cheaper alternative. check it out.
    05-30-09 12:40 PM
    Haven't looked up tberry. I assume its free or a cheaper alternative to the ATT tethering assuming it costs anything?
    There is a thread with details on tethering on AT&T without software or cost. Should come up in a search for "AT&T" and "tethering."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 01:00 PM
    There is a thread with details on tethering on AT&T without software or cost. Should come up in a search for "AT&T" and "tethering."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I found them. I don't see alot of people posting follow-ups to say "I got so boned by ATT" or "yeah I've gone 6 months with no extra charges." I'm seeking out these people.
    05-30-09 04:09 PM
    Who, in their right mind, would publicly admit to having illegally - or at least unethically - used a service they have not paid for. That would be a little like going to a public Comcast or Dish TV site and asking for instructions on how to unscramble HBO.
    05-30-09 08:44 PM
    ok, so forget paying/getting charged. is the bold capable of simultaneously being used as a tethered modem and maintaining an internet connection while making voice calls?
    05-31-09 11:56 AM
    In a good 3G area I have been able to tether (on a tether plan) and take a call... it is easier w/bluetooth, or using the headset that comes with it. It seems to me to be all about the bandwidth available.
    05-31-09 01:14 PM
    thank u for ur input...im sold
    05-31-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD