Before I begin I would like to say I tried to search but was unable to find what I was looking for.

My question is, can u tether with the bold? I assume u can. I am using OS .266. If u can, how do u do it?
    Also will I be charged for the usage or is it part of the plan? I have unlimited gprs usage for my phone.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:03 PM
    Ask your carrier:
    It depends upon your carrier.
    In the US one company (TM) is no charge, and ATT is charge ... but there can be work around's.
    (do a forum search on how to)
    07-03-09 10:24 PM
    Try TetherBerry app I have heard of it but never tested it so do so at your own risk.
    07-03-09 11:01 PM
    What exactly is tethering?

07-03-09 11:03 PM
    What exactly is tethering?

Using your Blackberry as a modem. So basically Blackberry to get internet on your laptop/desktop

07-03-09 11:22 PM
    OK I was thinking it was the other way around

07-03-09 11:24 PM
    i tether on my macbook. not too often, but i use it if i need to. never been charged extra. at&t
    07-03-09 11:28 PM
    I don't pay for tethering on AT&T and haven't been busted yet. I've had my Bold for 6 months.

07-04-09 12:18 AM
    I have never been charged fot tethering, I use Tetherberry, works great for me
    07-04-09 06:41 AM
    Tetherberry works fine. With wifi available in most areas I am at, I use tethering v sparingly. Works well. Never needed to pay

07-04-09 08:49 AM
    So where can I get tetherberry? I assume its a pay software, if so how much is it?

07-04-09 10:01 PM
    So where can I get tetherberry? I assume its a pay software, if so how much is it?

Do not waste your money on tetherberry. Follow the instructions an youll be good to go.

Using BlackBerry As Modem - BlackBerryFAQ
    07-04-09 10:20 PM
    Not with Telstra in Australia...

Just terribly expensive data costs (but that's standard with Anything Telstra)
    07-04-09 10:44 PM
    Guys, i have been tethering using ATT for over 2-1/2 yrs and have never been charged. I have 1st used my curve and now using the same settings for my Bold. Check out the settings on this post for ATT users>> http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/usi...ve-modem-3591/ it also should be pretty easy to figure out for other carriers using the same settings.

Good Luck
    07-07-09 03:35 PM
    I finally got into the TetherBerry Mac beta and have been happy with it. I'm not using it a lot and will only tether when I really need it. I reccomend it.

07-07-09 04:02 PM
    Guys, i have been tethering using ATT for over 2-1/2 yrs and have never been charged. I have 1st used my curve and now using the same settings for my Bold. Check out the settings on this post for ATT users>> http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/usi...ve-modem-3591/ it also should be pretty easy to figure out for other carriers using the same settings.

Good Luck
    I followed the instructions above and compensated slightly since I've got Vista on my laptop...as I'm typing I'm in Tether-city!! Much faster than the card that I was paying $60 a month for services....
    07-08-09 12:01 AM
    Do not waste your money on tetherberry. Follow the instructions an youll be good to go.

Using BlackBerry As Modem - BlackBerryFAQ
    i just did this and it took me all of 10 min! how cool!
    07-08-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD