Talked to my Telus rep, who convinced me to switch to Telus from Bell (best decision of my life.. I cannot stand Bell). I asked her if they were getting any of the new Blackberries, and she said they were monitoring the success of the Rogers launch and they will likely be getting it "very soon. Hopefully next couple of months." She said she heard about the touchscreen Berry being an exclusive, and confirmed there were 0 plans for them to get the Kickstart anytime soon. Also she was unaware of the Javelin's existence.. Anyway, hopefully Bold comes soon, as she expects! I know this isn't very informative, but just thought I'd share my excitement.
    09-08-08 08:54 PM
    Not going to happen any time soon. Bold runs on an entirely different network than Telus. There are strong rumours that Telus and Bell are adding a new network (which will allow the Bold to exist with them)

However, a network roll-out like that will probably take months, unless it has already been installed while everyone was asleep!

On the other hand, there is no info of a Bold that is capable of running on Telus or Bell's current network.

CDMA vs GSM!!
    09-08-08 09:13 PM
    Yeah if I'm not mistaken telus does not have a 3G network and having a bold without it would suck unless they have a plan at ridiculous low price

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 09:21 PM
    Yeah if I'm not mistaken telus does not have a 3G network and having a bold without it would suck unless they have a plan at ridiculous low price

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Telus has been rocking a 3G CDMA EVDO network for the last 2 years. It's just the way that the GSM carriers market, make it sound like 3G is a GSM thing only.

Given previous history, I wouldn't doubt that we would one day see CDMA versions of the Bold, Javelin and Kickstart - but likely not for 6-12 months after the GSM versions are released.
    09-08-08 09:37 PM
    The touchscreen will not be a telus exclusive. Rogers will carry it out the gate.
    09-08-08 10:41 PM
    The touchscreen will not be a telus exclusive. Rogers will carry it out the gate.
    Source? Some Rogers reps over at Howards have confirmed and said repeatedly that BB Thunder/Storm is Telus exclusive (as long as it meets its monthly quota)
    09-08-08 11:21 PM
    Since when did a GSM device not have the possibility of being a CDMA device...some of the replies here about how Telus does not have the network are just all around wrong..of course they won't get a 3G/GSM version, they will get their own CDMA version...and if they go all out and switch to GSM..by that time they can get the GSM version as well.

GSM-Curve
    CDMA-Curve

GSM-Pearls
    CDMA-Pearls

see a trend here? lol

GSM-Bold
    CDMA-Niagara

Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-08-08 at 11:42 PM.
    09-08-08 11:32 PM
    Talked to my Telus rep, who convinced me to switch to Telus from Bell (best decision of my life.. I cannot stand Bell). I asked her if they were getting any of the new Blackberries, and she said they were monitoring the success of the Rogers launch and they will likely be getting it "very soon. Hopefully next couple of months." She said she heard about the touchscreen Berry being an exclusive, and confirmed there were 0 plans for them to get the Kickstart anytime soon. Also she was unaware of the Javelin's existence.. Anyway, hopefully Bold comes soon, as she expects! I know this isn't very informative, but just thought I'd share my excitement.
    "couple of months".....ouch.
    09-09-08 01:07 AM
    Well I was at the mall today buying more Bolds! and they have no intention or excitement about the Bold coming to telus lol!! the workers act as if it is never gonna happen. But I know the store I go to the workers surf CB because they are the ones that told me about CB. And he told me that they are looking to get the thunder. and also that it is NOT in there system like a pp had said. I have Telus and am just hoping that the thunder/storm comes to Telus then I will get it and see if its all that and a bag of chips lol!! thanks for the info as well always nice to see what other say.
    09-09-08 02:26 PM
    Haha I hope not, Considering the launch fiasco of the Bold. I hope they wont get exclusivity... Give them a lesson or something.
    09-09-08 07:19 PM
    I was with Telus for 6 years and just switched to Rogers last week. The only reason I was with Telus all that time was for their EXCELLENT customer service, but nowadays, it's just as bad as Rogers or Bell.

Stick with Rogers because they have cheap data and are GSM, so if a phone comes out that isn't available on ANY carrier in Canada, you can bet it's probably GSM and unlockable.

Plus, Rogers isn't all bad. Their plans are the same as anyone else, and they give tons of stuff away, all you have to do is call and complain. I'm sticking this one out for the next 3 years and we'll see how it goes :P
    09-09-08 08:27 PM
    Well I was at the mall today buying more Bolds! and they have no intention or excitement about the Bold coming to telus lol!! the workers act as if it is never gonna happen. But I know the store I go to the workers surf CB because they are the ones that told me about CB. And he told me that they are looking to get the thunder. and also that it is NOT in there system like a pp had said. I have Telus and am just hoping that the thunder/storm comes to Telus then I will get it and see if its all that and a bag of chips lol!! thanks for the info as well always nice to see what other say.
    It will don't worry sarah, I have faith in fellow CDMA carriers...
    09-09-08 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD