i went on the internet to get my 9900 unlock to find out that it was already unlock from telus!!!

i didint have to put the code that i bought for 0.99$ in and was able to put my t mobile chip inside and use that phone maybe it was a batch that was unlock i dont know!!!
    08-14-11 05:54 PM
    Are Telus Bolds same as Bell without the branding? You can buy straight out from Telus?
    08-14-11 07:55 PM
    I bought mine and it wasn't branded. Bought it from future shop for telus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 07:57 PM
    Are Telus Bolds same as Bell without the branding? You can buy straight out from Telus?
    Yes you can buy it straight out from Telus and apparently other than the boot screen they are unbranded.

CS
    08-14-11 07:57 PM
    Huh, just started looking around, and your absolutely correct, there is no branding from telus besides the boot screen! They haven't even pushed any of the stupid telus apps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 08:07 PM
    I tried just for interests sake after reading this post to try to put my girlfriends SIM from Rogers in my Telus 9900 but as soon as it booted I was told it was an invalid SIM.
    08-14-11 08:11 PM
    If you want to check whether or not yours is unlocked:

Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Sim card
    Then type "MEPD" (without the quotation marks). This should make a few extra lines appear. Beside Network, if it says Active, then you're locked.
    08-14-11 09:46 PM
    They are unbranded on the exterior but have the telus logo on boot screen. The telus apps will not come unless you are on the telus network and register your device.
    08-14-11 10:14 PM
    They are unbranded on the exterior but have the telus logo on boot screen. The telus apps will not come unless you are on the telus network and register your device.
    I didn't get any Telus apps pushed to me after I registered on the network...
    08-14-11 10:43 PM
    On mine it pushed it right away ,,
    08-14-11 10:45 PM
    If you want to check whether or not yours is unlocked:

Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Sim card
    Then type "MEPD" (without the quotation marks). This should make a few extra lines appear. Beside Network, if it says Active, then you're locked.
    I did that, i enter the next screen witch says ID then a long number 20 numbers under that it has my phone number. I have nowhere to type MEPD, am i locked, I see no Bell branding inside or out? two bell apps thats it.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 08-14-11 at 11:16 PM.
    08-14-11 11:13 PM
    I did that, i enter the next screen witch says ID then a long number 20 numbers under that it has my phone number. I have nowhere to type MEPD, am i locked, I see no Bell branding inside or out? two bell apps thats it.
    You don't need to enter it anywhere, just type MEPD while you're at the screen.
    08-14-11 11:30 PM
    just typed that on my curve 9300 from telus and beside network it says Network/Disabled, does that mean my blackberry is unlocked i never had it unlocked?
    08-14-11 11:36 PM
    just typed that on my curve 9300 from telus and beside network it says Network/Disabled, does that mean my blackberry is unlocked i never had it unlocked?
    yes its unlock like mine was i just had to pop another sim that i use regulary when i go to the state t-mo and thaen i was lock to bell even if i am a telus customer cause t-mo has a partenership here in canada with bell i then try to make a call home and bam it work!!!
    08-15-11 12:02 AM
    Im with Telus, Looked beside Network and it says: Active. Looks like mine is locked.

Although maybe if I wouldn't have placed my sim card in it at first, maybe it was unlocked.
    08-15-11 08:04 AM
    The Telus 9300 is locked with a mep4 which is the service provider ... Your device is still locked if it says active beside that.
    08-15-11 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD