Hello folks,

I have a BB9900 and I just bought a new hearing aid with T-Coil. I found the H-T mode and enabled it, but I want to know if there is a fast way to switch it on-off so that if I have to handle the phone to hearing person, he/she can hear as well. Ideally, I'd love if I could use the Convenience Key for that!

Second, why can't I use the T-coil to listen to music? It would be perfect since I'd be the only one hearing it.
    11-04-13 06:23 AM
    I'm not sure. Depending on the model of the hearing aid, there could be a few ways to disconnect quickly from the device before handing it off.

You can use your hearing aid to listen to music. You will need to buy a 'Music link stereo hearing aid headset' (It is compatible with ITC, BTE, and ITE/Cochlear implants) You can grab them off Amazon ($40-$70 depending ) or this website Music Link T-coil Inductive, Stereo Ear Hooks for iPod, MP3 audio The only issues I know of is the frequency of sounds is limited by the hearing aid itself, so bass is weaker, being limited by the HF ceiling of your device.
    Last edited by OniBerry; 11-04-13 at 07:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    11-04-13 07:28 AM
    I'm not sure. Depending on the model of the hearing aid, there could be a few ways to disconnect quickly from the device before handing it off.

You can use your hearing aid to listen to music. You will need to buy a 'Music link stereo hearing aid headset' (It is compatible with ITC, BTE, and ITE/Cochlear implants) You can grab them off Amazon ($40-$70 depending ) or this website Music Link T-coil Inductive, Stereo Ear Hooks for iPod, MP3 audio The only issues I know of is the frequency of sounds is limited by the hearing aid itself, so bass is weaker, being limited by the HF ceiling of your device.
    I have a custom-made hearing aid, so I don't have any spec to share.
    I just a have a tiny switch to commute from normal mode to T-coil mode.
    Whether I press my button, it is irrelevant for the BB.

I need to fast switch the T-coil mode on the BB, not on my hearing aid!
    11-04-13 01:26 PM