In a few days I will be flying from florida to cali. Had a question since I haven't flown in awhile. What do you guys usually do with your Bolds while in-flight? Do you just simply turn it off to save the battery and then turn it back on after landing? I have an ipod I'll be taking, so I won't need it to listen to music. All comments appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 11:31 PM
    I just turn my radio off since no point in having it on and it is a requirement while in flight. On some flights, leaving wifi on is cool if the plane has in flight wifi (but leave the cell radio off). Then once we land, everything goes back to normal. Unless you are very low on battery, or on a super long flight, saving battery juice isn't that much of an issue.

06-30-09 12:03 AM
    Normally I don't even bother turning off my radio. The FAA mandates that all electronics be turned off as a safty precaution even though there is no evidence that cell phones cause any interference with the plans transmissions. Plus most of the time I just leave it in my pocket and forget to turn it off, I also don't wear a watch so it's nice to have it on to check the time.

06-30-09 12:27 AM
    i turn mine off. no point having it one if i have no signal, and cant use it, and i dont really fancy getting caught and getting b*ll*cked! (cos it would b just my luck to get caught!)
    06-30-09 09:56 AM
    I turn it off.
    06-30-09 09:59 AM
    i also turn it off usually, just precaution if they caught me havin my Bold switched on, they can make it a big deal here in oz
    06-30-09 10:03 AM
    Haven't been on a plane in 13 years but I'd turn the phone off.
    06-30-09 10:04 AM
    Agreed, turn the phone off.
    06-30-09 10:07 AM
    Just turn it off and change the SIM before landing!
    06-30-09 10:15 AM
    Off, its useless, cant contact anyone or cant be contacted by anyone
    06-30-09 10:16 AM
    Cool, thanks everyone.

06-30-09 10:21 AM
    I have an ipod too and still end up using my BB more because the iPod wants to die after one movie. I use them especially on red eye flights, no movies at night. I turn all connections off and use it for DocsToGo, Movies, Music, Games, all that fun stuff. If the plane has WiFi, BONUS!!!
    06-30-09 11:21 AM
    I turn off the radio on the phone and use the Bold to listen to music or watch a video. I don't even bother with my iPod any more. Why carry two devices?
    06-30-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD