I purchased an iphone 3GS and decided to sell my BOLD. I called at&t and asked for my pin to be released. They said " sorry, we will not release your pin. Company policy. I called back to get someone else and thay gave me the same answer. What the heck! I just want my PIN released. It's my damn phone. Any other ideas?

UPDATE: They just gave me a subsidy unlock code. What the heck does that do?
    07-20-09 07:27 PM
    Well, a PIN is used to identify the device itself. So unless the new user wants to use it say T-Mobile then I don't think AT&T will release the PIN.
    07-20-09 07:30 PM
    all cell phone company suck!
    07-20-09 07:36 PM
    Found this:

You can try contacting your carrier and explaining the situation to them, but usually a PIN can only be released by the person that originally registered it. If you're lucky and the previous owner was on the same carrier, this might work. If you know who the previous carrier was, you may be able to contact them to release it. When the BlackBerry boots up, such as when you remove and replace the battery, the original carrier's information (logo) should appear just before the "verifying security software" happens. This can not be changed and is permanently burned into the ROM, so that's how you'd know who the ORIGINAL owner's carrier was.

If the original owner forgot to unregister the PIN, you may be receiving their email too (BIS Email is delivered by PIN even without the email's service books being installed). If you're receiving emails addressed to someone else, that's the previous owner.
    I guess speaking with their BlackBerry Dept. directly?
    07-20-09 07:37 PM
    Ok, 3 replys and no one read my message! READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I need my PIN released!!!! I am the owner!!!!!! I want to sell my BOLD!!!!!!!

How can I release MY PIN ?
    07-20-09 07:41 PM
    You might want to try this 'release pin in 5 minutes'

Good luck
    07-20-09 07:44 PM
    You just need another BB user and you're set.
    07-20-09 07:52 PM
    You just need another BB user and you're set.
    Either you dont understand or ............. Nevermind!
    07-20-09 07:57 PM
    -_-

Did you visit the webpage that Raven Valkyrie provided? If so, then as the webpage says:

Let’s start…
    For instance your Blackberry PIN is registered to ROGERS and you want it to be released in the next 5 minutes or even less, then you’ll need another ROGERS account (could be anyone’s account) so let’s say your PIN is ‘PIN A’ and the other one is ‘PIN B’.
    Step 1: you’ll sign in to ‘PIN B’ account at rogers.blackberry.com. At the left hand side of the screen below settings, you’ll find and select ‘change device’ then enter ‘PIN A’ in the device pin bar and ‘PIN A’s IMEI’ in the Device IMEI/ESN/MEID bar and click SAVE.
    Step 2: Send service books and wait until ‘PIN A’ device received “Email account information” from Activation server which actually belong to ‘PIN B’. This process should take less then a minute.
    After finishing step 2, ‘PIN A’ is registered to account that belongs to ‘PIN B’ and ‘PIN B’ has no BIS account.
    Step 3: After receiving those emails, you’ll have to perform ‘change device’ process one more time to start “kicking” PIN A out of any carrier by entering ‘PIN B’ into the device pin bar and ‘PIN B’s IMEI’ in the device IMEI/ESN/MEID bar and clik SAVE. Send service book and wait until ‘PIN B’ device received the “Email account information” from Activation server.
    After finishing step 3, ‘PIN A’ is “freed” and ‘PIN B’ is back to it’s regular activities.
    Good Luck and please Do At Your Own Risk
    If not then I am lost and indeed do not understand >_>
    Last edited by Lluvia; 07-20-09 at 08:02 PM.
    07-20-09 08:00 PM
    I called at&t again and they said the other person who buys the phone will have to contact at&t with my name and number. at&t will contact me at that time to release the pin. I guess they want to make sure it stays on at&t.
    07-20-09 08:02 PM
    Ok, 3 replys and no one read my message! READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I need my PIN released!!!! I am the owner!!!!!! I want to sell my BOLD!!!!!!!

How can I release MY PIN ?
    Throwing a hissy-fit isn't exactly going to make people want to help you out...
    07-20-09 08:03 PM
    They could've just said that from the beginning instead of giving you a headache (judging from the !!! =P)/ Kidding, anyhow, looks like its now up to the buyer and you will just have to wait for their call.
    07-20-09 08:04 PM
    They could've just said that from the beginning instead of giving you a headache (judging from the !!! =P)/ Kidding, anyhow, looks like its now up to the buyer and you will just have to wait for their call.
    Yes. Sorry for getting upset with you!
    07-20-09 08:06 PM
    I can no longer log into my BIS account since I bought the iphone 3GS. I was going to try and release it myself.
    07-20-09 08:07 PM
    Yes. Sorry for getting upset with you!
    No harm done, besides, your issue is solved so its good now. Now get on and sell the Beauty of a phone that is the Bold

As AT&T told you, or you can tell the buyer yourself, have him/her contact AT&T in order to have it done.
    07-20-09 08:08 PM
    I can no longer log into my BIS account since I bought the iphone 3GS. I was going to try and release it myself.
    They probably changed your data plan to the iphone plan so you won't be able to access your bis account.
    07-20-09 08:11 PM
    I will post it for sale in the Crackberry Market Place.

BOLD Only 3 months old. Not a scratch. Looks brand new. (.266) includes all accessories that came in the original at&t box. Plus:
    with Sandisk 4GB HC Micro SD and Base charger.

$ 350.00 Firm! free shipping!

PayPal Payment Only!
    07-20-09 08:15 PM
    Trying to get mine released with ATT now..will report back.
    07-20-09 10:30 PM
    Ugh. Got disconnected in the middle of the transfer. I'll just try again tomorrow.
    07-20-09 10:43 PM
    Can I load up another blackberry(back up) and thus release the pin for the bold??

I too purchased an iphone and have not decided if I will be selling my blackberry bold.
    07-21-09 12:29 AM
    I went round and round with VRW to relese a storm pin. I feel your pain. I told them I bought the phone on c-list and VRW had to contact the owner to get it released. It was a pain in the A$$ took like 2 weeks. I am surprise you the original owner can't get the pin released. CRAZY
    07-21-09 12:40 AM
    I called at&t again and they said the other person who buys the phone will have to contact at&t with my name and number. at&t will contact me at that time to release the pin. I guess they want to make sure it stays on at&t.
    Can't you fake things....just pretend you are the new owner and call them? Then they will listen to your story, call you on another number and ask you if it's okay to release the pin for the "new owner"
    07-21-09 05:07 AM
    Can't you fake things....just pretend you are the new owner and call them? Then they will listen to your story, call you on another number and ask you if it's okay to release the pin for the "new owner"
    lol

Nice. I am the new owner and the old owner. Release my pin.
    07-21-09 10:31 AM
    Hey Steve, You might change your mind about the iPhone after awhile, so keep the Bold....you'll be back. The iPhone is just a toy.
    07-21-09 10:57 AM
    For crying out loud after transfers and IVR's and general headaches I finally got it released.

When you call ATT you need to ask to talk to the consumer data support and explain the situation. The rep I talked to initially said she would transfer me over and put me on hold, but when she came back she said she didn't need to transfer me and that she got it done and I just needed to do a master reset and everything was gravy.

Wow, that was an experience.
    Last edited by clownfart; 07-21-09 at 11:31 AM.
    07-21-09 11:19 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD