Just looking at my Berry and noticed my AT&T symbol was showing up in quotes as 'AT&T' for a while, and now its gone back to the normal AT&T. Just womdering if anyone else had noticed and experienced this and what/if anything it means?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bigorosco; 03-24-09 at 08:50 PM.
    03-24-09 06:57 PM
    i have never seen that one before
    was your phone connected to 3G with the RIM symbol at the time ?
    03-24-09 08:00 PM
    There was another thread on this. Let me see if I can find it. I cannot remember if anyone had a answer to what that meant.
    03-24-09 08:03 PM
    i recall that thread too but i dont think there was any resolution
    03-24-09 08:12 PM
    Same thing happened to me and I was perplexed. It was only that way for one day and gone the next? Wonder what that was?
    03-24-09 08:44 PM
    i hardly ever look at mine to be honest..the wierdest thing i have seen on their was Alltell while out in the boonies in Texas this past summer...i was like WTH Alltell?? lol
    03-24-09 09:13 PM
    Very interesting, hope someone knows what it means, I am to lazy to search....... Never saw it I doubt I would ever notice it though hehe....
    03-24-09 09:17 PM
    i recall that thread too but i dont think there was any resolution
    Yeah, I believe you are right. No resolution at all. Yet, as long as the phone is working, it should not be a big deal. Have you called ATT for their thoughts on what this could be?
    03-24-09 09:32 PM
    No, didn't call them to see, just happened to glance down and notice it was different. I've noticed a phone showing a different carrier while traveling in rural areas before but that was years ago. Usually turning it off and on will correct that.

03-25-09 11:33 AM
    I remember my att showing up in quotes when I was connected in wifi and it showed the att and the ssid both in quotes. Maybe it shows in quotes when you're connected to more than one network?

03-25-09 12:26 PM
    I just wanted to add to this thread.

I've noticed my Blackberry Bold is doing this 'AT&T' thing in the single quotes, and I've read a couple of the past threads on this. In fact, it's doing it right now as I'm typing this.

1 theory was that it was doing this because we were connected to both the network and wifi at the same time. I've had this happen on certain days and wifi is turned off.

Another theory was that it happened when we were roaming. Well, I don't know how I'd be roaming in the Metro Atlanta area close to downtown, but the real point to make that busts a hole in this theory is that my OTHER BB Bold (for work) is sitting right next to my Bold and it doesn't have the quotes.

Who else is having this little thing going on? Nothing in phone performance is compromised, but the network is in quotes. Anyone know what might be causing this? I'm too lazy to call them.
    06-19-09 03:58 PM
    I just wanted to add to this thread.

I've noticed my Blackberry Bold is doing this 'AT&T' thing in the single quotes, and I've read a couple of the past threads on this. In fact, it's doing it right now as I'm typing this.

1 theory was that it was doing this because we were connected to both the network and wifi at the same time. I've had this happen on certain days and wifi is turned off.

Another theory was that it happened when we were roaming. Well, I don't know how I'd be roaming in the Metro Atlanta area close to downtown, but the real point to make that busts a hole in this theory is that my OTHER BB Bold (for work) is sitting right next to my Bold and it doesn't have the quotes.

Who else is having this little thing going on? Nothing in phone performance is compromised, but the network is in quotes. Anyone know what might be causing this? I'm too lazy to call them.
    i believe that is the reason, network agreements, so if your on someone else's tower and they have an agreement with att, then in a sense you are still on "ATT's" network.
    06-19-09 05:06 PM
    i believe that is the reason, network agreements, so if your on someone else's tower and they have an agreement with att, then in a sense you are still on "ATT's" network.
    I get it at work sometime, mostly not. I am firmly in the middle of a strong AT&T area. I do not think it's roaming.
    06-19-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD