Hello All,

purchased a Rogers Bold some time ago and use it with my ATT Sim. Can anyone tell me if I can upgrade to the latest ATT SW without deleting the Vendor.xml.

Thanks, hayo
    10-30-08 12:50 PM
    to my understanding, the vendor.xml has nothing to do with the SIM card. so to be safe, i would delete the vendor.xml file when updating OS.
    I have an unlocked Rogers bold, using with Rogers, with the .167 AT&T OS. DM would not let me update unless I had deleted vendor.xml
    10-30-08 12:58 PM
    The vendor.xml is tied to the hard coded carrier ID in the hardware. The only OS you could install on your Rogers phone without deleting the vendor.xml would be a Rogers release of that code.

The AT&T Release of .167 works ok on the the Rogers Bold when the vendor.xml is deleted. There is still a bit of a memory leak with this release. But it is pretty stable. The .168 release that has been floating in the wild seems to solve a lot of the memory leak problems and is also very stable.

That said, I am using the process posted on Crackberry of using a full Switch device backup, regular back up, JL_cmdr Wipe and restore. I also remove my media card prior to restore and delete all thumbs.db files. I replace the media card AFTER the Enterprise Activation is complete. This stops a lot of the media scanning forever lockups.
    10-31-08 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD