10-08-13 02:20 AM
1,443 ... 55565758
tools
    So has it been announced if its $399 + $100 MIR or is it $299 + $100 MIR?
    10-23-08 08:50 AM

To me it sounded like it was going to be $399 + the $100 MIR.

The only reason I say that is that the wording was the affect of as low as $299. I would assume they factored in the MIR in that price.
    10-23-08 08:58 AM
    I still have not seen anything from AT&T confirming this MIR at all. The only reference I have seen is in a Gizmodo post which does not reference the source and Scotts11 here who seems to believe there will be an MIR as well but is not sure of the amount. No mention of an MIR in the official post here, or in the AT&T press release or engadget's or boygenuisreport's posts.

So, until presents an official confirming source we are operating in the realm of rumor, at least to my mind.
    10-23-08 09:41 AM
    with the $75 dollar early upgrade, does that mean that it will get tacked to the $399 price? so if im over 6 months into my contract, i can have the phone for $474 + tax out the door?
    10-23-08 09:57 AM
    I still have not seen anything from AT&T confirming this MIR at all. The only reference I have seen is in a Gizmodo post which does not reference the source and Scotts11 here who seems to believe there will be an MIR as well but is not sure of the amount. No mention of an MIR in the official post here, or in the AT&T press release or engadget's or boygenuisreport's posts.

So, until presents an official confirming source we are operating in the realm of rumor, at least to my mind.
    On the press releases there is a number 1 next to it and when I read what it meant, the sentence that struck me was "other conditions may apply". Hopefully it will be $299 out the door as most would be purchasers of the BOLD are backing off now due to the price.
    10-23-08 10:12 AM
    I think the condition of the (1) notation was saying it was $299 with a 2 year contract.

That said, do they do new relase phones with MIR's? I wouldn't think that they would.

And for those of you wondering why mail in rebates are still so popular, it's because the manufacturers realize that most people either won't mess with them, or will mess them up somehow. A lot of people buy on the MIR price, but never mail it in, so the company and retailer get more money out of the consumer. Its sad, but true.
    10-23-08 11:14 AM
    I think the condition of the (1) notation was saying it was $299 with a 2 year contract.

That said, do they do new relase phones with MIR's? I wouldn't think that they would.

And for those of you wondering why mail in rebates are still so popular, it's because the manufacturers realize that most people either won't mess with them, or will mess them up somehow. A lot of people buy on the MIR price, but never mail it in, so the company and retailer get more money out of the consumer. Its sad, but true.
    With two-year contract and qualified voice and data plans. Other conditions may apply.

That is exactly why companies still do MIRs. I use to be one of those customers who never sent it in, but now if there is a MIR, I'm on it the same day and the BOLD will not be the exception to the rule, IF there is a MIR.
    10-23-08 11:21 AM
    any news of a pre order?
    10-23-08 11:31 AM
    With two-year contract and qualified voice and data plans. Other conditions may apply.

That is exactly why companies still do MIRs. I use to be one of those customers who never sent it in, but now if there is a MIR, I'm on it the same day and the BOLD will not be the exception to the rule, IF there is a MIR.
    Regarding MIRs, I have had the experience where if you send in the MIR and then attempt to return the item, the store will not accept the return and require you to deal with the manufacturer. I guess under the theory that you will get the MIR despite the return. I have encountered this even when an exchange was involved as the serial number of the returned item was sent in with the MIR. This hurdle, of course means that I don't send them in right away thus making it more likely that I will not send the MIR in within the time limit required and not get the frickin' rebate.

As a result of the horrors of MIRs, I can't even recall the last time I bought an item that was more than $100 that involved a MIR. In fact, it is almost always a strike against the item and causes me to move on to something from a competing manufacturer that is not trying to jack me around.
    10-23-08 11:36 AM
    "Other conditions may apply." That is what worries me. That could mean that to get the $299 price you have to do a MIR, which would suck. Freakin companies trying to take advantage of people's laziness with MIRs, thereby making me pay more up front makes me sad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 11:39 AM
    with the $75 dollar early upgrade, does that mean that it will get tacked to the $399 price? so if im over 6 months into my contract, i can have the phone for $474 + tax out the door?
    anyone have an answer to this? would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!
    10-23-08 12:01 PM
    The answer is yes.
    10-23-08 12:02 PM
    The rumored off contract price is $549 so if an early upgrade price is $474 plus tax I'll just buy it outright and avoid being locked in for another 2 years.

10-23-08 12:21 PM
    The rumored off contract price is $549 so if an early upgrade price is $474 plus tax I'll just buy it outright and avoid being locked in for another 2 years.

Thats what Im thinking too, but if they do not less us No contract people buy it for 45 days, I just may swap carriers at that point.
    10-23-08 12:24 PM
    The storm should be out before those 45 days are up...tempting, isn't it?

10-23-08 12:37 PM
    The storm should be out before those 45 days are up...tempting, isn't it?

Yes it is, but I am so set on getting this damn Bold, I may just lock myself into the contract..
    I am not sure my 8800 is going to make it to the 4th let alone the 16th.
    10-23-08 12:46 PM
    Everyone single person I talked to at ATT or over the phone said there's no such thing as eligible for early upgrades only 6 months into your contract, its 18 months.
    10-23-08 12:53 PM
    Haha I know how that is. Maybe we might see a Bold price drop if the Storm comes out and does well.

10-23-08 12:54 PM
    The answer is yes.
    totally forgot, but would i be eligible for the $100 MIR is that was the case?
    10-23-08 01:02 PM
    Well we got the info right here from Scott, and he says its 6 months into it I also got that same information from my local ATT guy.

Matter of fact he emailed me this info..Ill post it but going to remove his name..

Yes, this is the current policy. The policy in place gives you the full discount off $150 off any phone when you are eligible to upgrade. If you are not eligible and, as you mentioned, have had your current contract for 6 months or more, you can get half the discount, giving you $75 off any phone and extend your contract 2 years from the date of the upgrade. The standard $18 upgrade fee still applies to the exception upgrade.

If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me an email.

###### ######
    at&t Mobility
    10-23-08 01:08 PM
    totally forgot, but would i be eligible for the $100 MIR is that was the case?
    Yes you would as long as you add the data plan I'm sure.
    10-23-08 01:08 PM
    Anther side note. I swear to god I just do not get this company.. I called someone yesterday trying to find out the price of this phone, and had to leave a message, they just left me a message back on my voice mail saying they do not have it, and they do not even have a release date yet, and that when they do it will be on their web site..

I am going to call her back and give her the news links..Sheesh. I mean are you kidding me?
    10-23-08 01:16 PM
    Anther side note. I swear to god I just do not get this company.. I called someone yesterday trying to find out the price of this phone, and had to leave a message, they just left me a message back on my voice mail saying they do not have it, and they do not even have a release date yet, and that when they do it will be on their web site..

I am going to call her back and give her the news links..Sheesh. I mean are you kidding me?
    you are a crackberry addict, she is just there to sell phones. if you worked in a store and someone called in about a new nokia phone that you have no interest in, I'd doubt you'd be keeping up with the press release and news and rumors. this just goes to show that most reps are the last to know about new phone releases with the iphone being the exception.

if I was in her position and I didn't care about blackberries, I'm sure I wouldn't know anything either espeically since ATT isn't really marketing and advertising this device.
    10-23-08 01:24 PM
    you are a crackberry addict, she is just there to sell phones. if you worked in a store and someone called in about a new nokia phone that you have no interest in, I'd doubt you'd be keeping up with the press release and news and rumors. this just goes to show that most reps are the last to know about new phone releases with the iphone being the exception.

if I was in her position and I didn't care about blackberries, I'm sure I wouldn't know anything either espeically since ATT isn't really marketing and advertising this device.
    Exactly. Your interest in the product doesn't equate to the associates interest in the same product. I'm sure the info will trickle down to the retail stores. We're still less than 2 weeks out from the release so alot can happen between now and then.
    10-23-08 01:31 PM
    This is was not a corporate store I called this was the ATT CS, and it was somebody above the phone CS people.
    10-23-08 01:44 PM
1,443 ... 55565758
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD