10-08-13 02:20 AM
1,443 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    the wait begins... but i'm waiting very impatiently =[. 13 days to go sounds so far away hope it doesn't seem too long. I know I will be out there before 9 am waiting for the store to open and getting my bold haha
    10-22-08 10:41 AM
    The site will not tell you anything about an early upgrade. I only know this because I talked to a local rep, and Scott here told us all the same thing.

As for the other question on premier discounts, I have no idea. I know locally I get 50% off of my accessories, I have no clue what it is for equipment.
    Yeah I went on the site and I did not find anything. If I call them will they be able to tell me?
    10-22-08 10:45 AM
    This last couple of days have been so exciting but so tiring. I can't be there when the store opens on Nov 4th but I will be there at lunch time. I will definately be going home with my Bold the day it comes out. My guy better hold one back for me if he knows what is good for him!
    10-22-08 10:47 AM
    So do these also go on sale on the website on Nov. 4th? Or will they be up there early for delivery on Nov. 4th?
    10-22-08 10:47 AM
    According to Gizmodo

"The mail-in rebate is for $100, and if you're not down with a 2-year agreement, the Bold will run $375 with a 1-year contract (and the same $100 mail-in rebate), and $550 with no contract."
    10-22-08 10:49 AM
    let me pose this question to you att reps. If I want to upgrade my daughters line and get the bold for myself and sign the 2 yr contract do I have to sign up for the data plan on her line? If so, can I turn right around and cancel the data plan? how will this work?
    You can upgrade your daughters line but you will have to add the data plan to her line as well. Only until you get your rebate back, the data plan is a requirement to get the rebate back. So at&t sends you 3 text messages when they receive your rebate, when they process it and when the send it out, so when you get the third text wait about a week and cancel your data plan on your daughters phone.
    10-22-08 10:54 AM
    All (or most) movies, music, and games release on Tuesdays...Im sure there is a reason...so it makes sense to me.
    Very true.
    10-22-08 10:56 AM
    I have to say that I do think that a concrete date is nothing but a good thing. Just like everyone else, I was really hoping for the Bold to come out this week, or next Monday at the latest, but now at least we won't be surprised when it comes out and possibly out of luck because the local AT&T store has run out of inventory.

If you need me on Nov. 4th, I'll be voting for the Bold!
    10-22-08 10:56 AM
    Looks like I'll be getting the Storm. Oh well.
    10-22-08 10:58 AM
    I was told AT&T did away with the 1-year contracts??
    10-22-08 10:59 AM
    the wait begins... but i'm waiting very impatiently =[. 13 days to go sounds so far away hope it doesn't seem too long. I know I will be out there before 9 am waiting for the store to open and getting my bold haha
    Well since I'll have to pay $600 anyways I'm going to search craigslist for one early haha
    10-22-08 11:02 AM
    So I guess that makes it $199 after the MIR?
    10-22-08 11:02 AM
    Well, I just called att and they told me I was in fact eligible for an early upgrade. They explained to me the reasoning of it and that I could only upgrade through calling them and not in the store? They said the att reps would not be able to upgrade me as in the system it would say not eligible. What can I do if anything?
    10-22-08 11:03 AM
    I was told AT&T did away with the 1-year contracts??
    They did about a year ago, but that exception upgrade that you all have been talking about is technically 1 year pricing with a two year contract, but you still get the rebate back
    10-22-08 11:04 AM
    Well, I just called att and they told me I was in fact eligible for an early upgrade. They explained to me the reasoning of it and that I could only upgrade through calling them and not in the store? They said the att reps would not be able to upgrade me as in the system it would say not eligible. What can I do if anything?
    Why not just get it through the phone reps? Maybe you'll get it shipped early like some folks got their G1's early.
    10-22-08 11:05 AM
    I am glad we have what appears to be an actual date....

Now we all get to wait for the longest 13 days of our lives.
    10-22-08 11:05 AM
    So I guess that makes it $199 after the MIR?
    I would think it would be 399 with a 100 mail-in-rebate, thats usually how it works but i could be wrong.
    10-22-08 11:06 AM
    You can try your luck in the stores, but it's a 50/50 chance. Why just order it on the phone and choose overnight delivery which is $15. I'm only going in the store because I'm exchanging my iPhone.
    Flash!! Press release form RIM today. Bold in stores Nov. 4th for $299!

AT&T Customers to Enter a 'Bold' New Wireless World
    Breakthrough BlackBerry Smartphone Is Coming to Nation's Fastest 3G Network; Arrives in Stores Nov. 4
    DALLAS, TEXAS and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Oct. 22, 2008) - AT&T customers will be entering a bold new wireless world with the launch of the BlackBerry BoldTM, a breakthrough 3G BlackBerry smartphone that operates on the nation's fastest 3G network and is the first to support HSDPA networks around the world, including in Japan and Korea. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) and Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) announced today that the highly anticipated BlackBerry Bold smartphone will be available in the United States for as low as $299.99(1) on Tuesday, Nov. 4, in AT&T retail stores nationwide, through Wireless, DSL Internet, digital TV Services, and Phone | AT&T and select national retailers, as well as through AT&T's business-to-business sales teams.
    Last edited by ChiefT; 10-22-08 at 11:09 AM.
    Why not just get it through the phone reps? Maybe you'll get it shipped early like some folks got their G1's early.
    Well they had no idea when the bold was even being released let alone the pricing options on it!
    For some odd reason I am on a 1-year contract haha
    10-22-08 11:08 AM
    November 4? Aww man that sucks...well like others have already said, we have waited this long and at least we have a date. And it will be 2 more weeks to save up the money for it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 11:09 AM
    Forgive me if this is a silly question but........

Last year when I got my iPhone (ugh) I signed a two year contract. I am down to one year about now. I am elegible for an upgrade (the guy at the ATT store already told me I am) so when I get the Bold and sign a new two year contract is that just a two year or does that add on to the remaining one year I have now making it three years?
    10-22-08 11:11 AM
    Forgive me if this is a silly question but........

Last year when I got my iPhone (ugh) I signed a two year contract. I am down to one year about now. I am elegible for an upgrade (the guy at the ATT store already told me I am) so when I get the Bold and sign a new two year contract is that just a two year or does that add on to the remaining one year I have now making it three years?
    Eeewww. That would not be nice of AT&T if they tacked the 3rd year.

Call the store and ask them what would happen if you were to upgrade to an existing blackberry, say a curve, that's already on the system.
    10-22-08 11:12 AM
    Just makes it two years. The previous one will be voided
    10-22-08 11:13 AM
1,443 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD