10-08-13 02:20 AM
1,443 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    scott if you work off of comission, i think that we all should buy our bolds through you so that you get the extra $$ for all your help...

that is, if you're willing to ship it to DC and not charge me the $75 early upgrade fee that i talked them out of on the phone but not in the store.

the funny thing is, after all my fighting, i think i'm going to just bite the bullet and pay the extra $75 because i'm THAT excited about the bold...
    10-22-08 08:21 AM
    Scott, are your managers as excited about this release as you are? If not I could see how they would be close to pounding you for all of the hassle!! lol
    10-22-08 08:24 AM
    haha you guys are too much, thanx i appreciate it....
    10-22-08 08:26 AM
    I definitely wish Scott was in Chicago because I would definitely give him my business even though it's an exchange.
    10-22-08 08:28 AM
    I agree Scott, we should buy them from you, if you can ship them. And this early upgrade, does that apply if you're only a year into your contract???
    10-22-08 08:28 AM
    Same question. My account says that I am eligible for a new phone. I know that I am going to have to sign a new contract, but will they also hit me up for the $75???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 08:31 AM
    it applys if you are not eligible for an upgrade, yoiu will pay the 75
    10-22-08 08:34 AM
    I definitely wish Scott was in Chicago because I would definitely give him my business even though it's an exchange.
    Scott and all the AT&T folks working in the stores contributing to this thread most definitely deserve to get our business for all his help.

If there are AT&T reps in the Austin, Texas area reading this, please PM me and you've got a quick Bold sale (upgrade).
    10-22-08 08:34 AM
    if your eligible you dont have to pay the $75
    10-22-08 08:35 AM
    well, if for some reason the world ends and they come out at thanksgiving time instead of halloween time, then i will be in NY and can buy one from him... but i must stay in DC for halloween... not like every day isn't halloween on capitol hill, it's always scary.

this darn phone just needs to come out already!
    10-22-08 08:35 AM
    So people are actually hoping today is the day they start selling it?
    10-22-08 08:37 AM
    im hoping for any info i can get, they started handing them out at the launch partys..i dotn see what the hold up is
    10-22-08 08:38 AM
    Same question. My account says that I am eligible for a new phone. I know that I am going to have to sign a new contract, but will they also hit me up for the $75???

This is how it was explained to me by my local ATT rep. I think Scott confirmed it..

Basically when you get an upgrade and you are eligible, the going rate is 150.00 off of the retail price. If you do not have the upgrade available to and you are at least 6 months into your contract, then you can get an early upgrade and they charge you 75.00 as a fee. That basically comes off of the 150.00 so instead of getting 150.00 off retail you would get 75.00 so they dont really charge you 75.00 they just make the discount smaller. so if the phone is going to be 499, and you do not have the full 150 you can take 75 from that. Some of us have premier business accounts and that also gets an equipment discount, I just do not know how much..That discount does not apply to the Iphone though.

Hope this helps..
    10-22-08 08:39 AM
    So if my account online says I have an upgrade than I'm good to go? I'm not sure how I have an upgrade considering I used my previous one in February of this year. Any ideas Scott? I don't wanna get shafted!
    10-22-08 08:40 AM
    I agree if possible to give Scott the business (hee, hee) and the other ATT folks that have been so great with the info. The guy I know at one of the ATT stores here is supposed to call me when the phone comes in but if he doesn't if there is an ATT rep in Little Rock, AR let me know and I would get the phone from you.

I am so excited!!!!
    10-22-08 08:41 AM
    I actually work in Long Island (off today to get my car checked out) so who knows, if I don't feel like waiting and ordering off the website, maybe i'll hit you up at your store Scott? I was gonna go to the Fresh Meadows authorized location if anything, but if it benefits you in any way, I certainly don't mind stopping by after work once the Bold is out.
    If they gave them out at the party it would seem that att is confident that they are ready for the public.
    that's a nice way to put it.

my business discount takes off a whole $10 on the price of the phone. now if only they would let me include my student discount too, i could get a whole $20 off!

i am not sure if it applies to brand new phones though...
    10-22-08 08:42 AM
    Student discount?
    10-22-08 08:42 AM
    So if my account online says I have an upgrade than I'm good to go? I'm not sure how I have an upgrade considering I used my previous one in February of this year. Any ideas Scott? I don't wanna get shafted!
    i think your best bet is to either call or go into the store and pretend like you're going to upgrade to another phone. that way you will be aware of any roadblocks. just walk out saying you "have to think about it".... unless, of course, the bold comes out today!!!
    10-22-08 08:44 AM
    This ****er better be out by 1027

10-22-08 08:45 AM
    My dad already gets us a discount for working at the university here...otherwise I would use my student discount too.
    10-22-08 08:46 AM
    My dad already gets us a discount for working at the university here...otherwise I would use my student discount too.
    what is the student discount and how do i use it
    10-22-08 08:47 AM
    i think your best bet is to either call or go into the store and pretend like you're going to upgrade to another phone. that way you will be aware of any roadblocks. just walk out saying you "have to think about it".... unless, of course, the bold comes out today!!!
    Good idea! I'll call right now...
    10-22-08 08:48 AM
    Cool, so I am good to go without the upgrade fee attached. This thing has to come out soon. I am getting the Bold and giving my wife my Curve. She has the Pearl and wants my phone. My guess is that as soon as she sees the Bold that I will be playing with she will also want that as well. Looks like there will be a new ad on CL for a Curve and Pearl in the near future...at least I hope the near future!!!!!

10-22-08 08:48 AM
1,443 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD