10-08-13 02:20 AM
1,443 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    im choosing friday because thats what this thread states....october 24th..if i find out otherwise ill change my date

November 4th I hope earler but I keep hearing this date. Since none of the AT&T stores in Vegas have a shipment yet I am beginning to believe the Nov. 4 date.
    10-21-08 11:28 PM
    Let's all just say a little prayer tonight to the man upstairs . 'night ladies and gents.
    10-21-08 11:41 PM
    Wow... over 47,000 views of this thread. Crazy.
    10-21-08 11:49 PM
    goodness I hope its before nov 4 I won't be able to last that long!!
    10-21-08 11:49 PM
    Okay, this really is nuts. I've been checking this thread from post #1, tracking it, trying not to get caught up in it. So, I woke up this morning, grabbed my Curve, realized I couldn't see anything, grabbed my glasses and checked Viigo for news. Nada. Fired up the PC, checked the thread, nada. Met a friend of mine to satisfy a few of my other addictions (all perfectly legal) only to come home to 35 PAGES OF NEW POSTS!!!

Now I can't say anything about anybody else, because let's face it, I read every post. But this release is just incredible. It's worse than when people were waiting for WM6 for the Treo to come out. From the Betas, to the ebay postings of models with WM6 preloaded. It really is truly amazing.

I too am hoping Scotts will good info for us tomorrow. I'm really hoping for a release tomorrow. I do have one question though. When the devices are received (via UPS, FedEx, DHL, dude in a van full of boxed up speakers, etc) when will the store be able to sell them? I can't imagine them taking right out of the box and giving me one. Or am I mistaken there? I've never really worked retail before, so I don't know much about how the receiving process works. Can anybody shed any light on that for me (and the rest of the community at large)?
    10-22-08 12:11 AM
    wow i finally got to the end of the pages holly smokes i didn't know if it was going to end. kutikayla your parents are going to be pissed if they find out you been on here all day during class they might be mad at you for a bit lol
    ok scott shed some good news for us in the morning this is killing me and my eyes are burning from reading all the new post.
    10-22-08 12:13 AM
    I too am hoping Scotts will good info for us tomorrow. I'm really hoping for a release tomorrow. I do have one question though. When the devices are received (via UPS, FedEx, DHL, dude in a van full of boxed up speakers, etc) when will the store be able to sell them? I can't imagine them taking right out of the box and giving me one. Or am I mistaken there? I've never really worked retail before, so I don't know much about how the receiving process works. Can anybody shed any light on that for me (and the rest of the community at large)?
    I've been wondering about this, too.
    10-22-08 12:22 AM
    If there is no release date we can sell them right away. But i do see this having some kind of planned release like iPhone. Like Monday at work when the Epix came in i wanted to sell it but i had to wait till Wednesday so i am sure it will be something like that just advertised alittle more, because the Epix is nothing really new compared to the Bold. And Scott hit it right the Bold is Evolutionary not Revolutionary! This thing needs to release NOW!!! Did you read people that attended the San Francisco release party (Tuesday Night) walked away with a Bold in hand!!! So we are only days away! If i hear anything at work on Wednesday I will pass it on to you guys.
    10-22-08 12:53 AM
    well at least they actually handed out Bolds at the SanFran Launch Party, unlike the one in NYC, that has to be a good sign right?
    I too have been following this thread since post #1 :-)
    10-22-08 12:56 AM
    yeah scott how did you get the sku?

and how uk its freel?

and what time will u go in to work tomorrow?

and what kind of socks am i wearing right now?
    LOL! This really made me LOL! Hilarious!
    10-22-08 01:04 AM
    So now that I just saw the posting about how the San Francisco launch party got Bold's does that mean that there is no chance of any other delays? After all this waiting I doubt At&t would give out a product that they weren't 100% sure of.
    10-22-08 01:35 AM
    So now that I just saw the posting about how the San Francisco launch party got Bold's does that mean that there is no chance of any other delays? After all this waiting I doubt At&t would give out a product that they weren't 100% sure of.
    yep.. my brother just got home. drunk from the party of course. but the party was in SF, CA. at the party everybody who attended got a free bold.. an AT&T bold ;]

doubt they will delay it after juss giving a ****load of people free bolds
    Last edited by chinh8310; 10-22-08 at 01:45 AM.
    10-22-08 01:40 AM
    Wholy sh*t! This must definitely mean the Bold release is near... Right?
    10-22-08 01:54 AM
    I hope so, I can't friggin take it anymore!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 01:58 AM
    l am already looking at AT&T plans to prepare for my switch back to AT&T for the Bold. Can't wait
    10-22-08 02:02 AM
    I'm already with at&t so I'm gonna end up doing that $75 early upgrade thing or just pay full retail if it would hurry the f**k up and show up in stores. I upgraded my 8310 to 4.5.0.81 today and while it is a major improvement, I fear it will not hold me over for very long. I might make it to late November before buying my Bold, but that's just a guess. I might walk in just to test it out and end up leaving with one.

10-22-08 02:06 AM
    I'm already with at&t so I'm gonna end up doing that $75 early upgrade thing or just pay full retail if it would hurry the f**k up and show up in stores. I upgraded my 8310 to 4.5.0.81 today and while it is a major improvement, I fear it will not hold me over for very long. I might make it to late November before buying my Bold, but that's just a guess. I might walk in just to test it out and end up leaving with one.

I am with you on that one!
    10-22-08 05:27 AM
    First off, let me say how informative this thread has been so far.

I've been waiting to switch to the Bold b/c I'm coming from the Blackjack 1, so I really wanted 3G, but wanted a quality smartphone/PDA. The Bold is the perfect answer.

I heard I'll have to update my plan and pay more when I switch to BB. Is that true?

Keeping my fingers crossed for this week, even though I have an upgrade coming Nov 10 and I'll probably wait to avoid an extra $75 haha. (I have patience, right??)
    10-22-08 05:43 AM
    Good morning all. Is today going to be the day??? I can now get ready for work now that I have caught up with what has happened in the world of Bold overnight while I slept.

10-22-08 05:54 AM
    ughhhh i wont have much access at work to this thread!
    10-22-08 06:02 AM
    At this point, any positive news is good news

10-22-08 06:11 AM
    oh **** YESSS at the sf party

cant wait for the news today scottt
    10-22-08 06:11 AM
    LOL! This really made me LOL! Hilarious!
    glad i could make your wait a little more enjoyable.

wait? enjoyable?

oxymoron?

i think so...
    10-22-08 06:17 AM
    Good morning all. Is today going to be the day??? I can now get ready for work now that I have caught up with what has happened in the world of Bold overnight while I slept.

You mean "nothing"? That's about it at the moment. Other than actually handing out bolds at the SF party, not much relevant info.

OK, I think there are a helluva lot of people here who have built up their own Bold frenzy to the point where they're going to be hella disappointed when they get one in their hands and realize it isn't the Second Coming. It's pretty, it's friggin' fast, it has a great keyboard and screen, but I foresee a whole lotta bitchin' when it finally sinks in that the _real_ capabilities aren't that much more advanced than your current Curve/Pearl/88xx.

Evolution not Revolution is the best phrase I've ever heard to describe it. When I got my first Bold, I went through a period of disappointment when I finally admitted to myself it was just another BB. I've since bought and sold a few, and am currently using my 8820 while waiting for another personal-use unit to show up in a few hours. In all honesty, the 8820 does 90% of what the Bold does, and if it weren't for the quieter keyboard and faster speed of the Bold, I would seriously consider offloading this unit and sticking with the 8820. Oh, and the camera; that's nice too.

Good luck with the buildup and anticipation, I hope everyone's wishes for what the Bold is come true.

-Eric

10-22-08 06:23 AM
    First off, let me say how informative this thread has been so far.

I've been waiting to switch to the Bold b/c I'm coming from the Blackjack 1, so I really wanted 3G, but wanted a quality smartphone/PDA. The Bold is the perfect answer.

I heard I'll have to update my plan and pay more when I switch to BB. Is that true?

Keeping my fingers crossed for this week, even though I have an upgrade coming Nov 10 and I'll probably wait to avoid an extra $75 haha. (I have patience, right??)
    nope i had that phone as well. the data plan i had for it was $50, and when i copped this pearl from my boy last month the plan i have now is $50 (BB data and unlimited text) youll be awight yo
    10-22-08 06:31 AM
1,443 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD