I know this is not the BBB cases forum but I wanted to share. I am so excited that I have only now started seriously looking for accessories for my new toy. I did see where wirelessground.com has some really great sales on their items. I am going to get several things. Just wanted to let everyone know.
    10-23-08 02:16 PM
    you are a crackberry addict, she is just there to sell phones. if you worked in a store and someone called in about a new nokia phone that you have no interest in, I'd doubt you'd be keeping up with the press release and news and rumors. this just goes to show that most reps are the last to know about new phone releases with the iphone being the exception.

if I was in her position and I didn't care about blackberries, I'm sure I wouldn't know anything either espeically since ATT isn't really marketing and advertising this device.
    This has NOTHING to do with being a crackberry addict. The phone was OFFICIALLY announced, this means their communication and knowledge within the company is not universal throughout the stores. I called my local store today to bs about how many units they think their getting, etc., etc. and the guy was amazed I knew the phone was released and WHERE is was said initially (conference call wed)

Walk into Dodge or Finish Line or any other company where their products are constantly changing. The company gives them heads up, for god sake the phone had been officially annouced. There should have been a release or an email sent to every worker. Lack of strong and stable communication and information...
    10-23-08 02:20 PM
    This has NOTHING to do with being a crackberry addict. The phone was OFFICIALLY announced, this means their communication and knowledge within the company is not universal throughout the stores. I called my local store today to bs about how many units they think their getting, etc., etc. and the guy was amazed I knew the phone was released and WHERE is was said initially (conference call wed)

Walk into Dodge or Finish Line or any other company where their products are constantly changing. The company gives them heads up, for god sake the phone had been officially annouced. There should have been a release or an email sent to every worker. Lack of strong and stable communication and information...
    This isn't an isolated incident with ATT and the Bold. This happens on every single network. I've been on all five (ATT, VZW, Tmo, Sprint and Nextel before it was bought) You talk to different people about a new phone launch and you will get wildly different answes. From different release dates to I don't know about the phone you're talking about, regardless of how "official" the launch is. Most employees don't know about a new device until a day or two before launch or even when the they get a new shipment, unless they have personal interest in it. This is how it works and this is how it will continue to work. To expect otherwise isn't realistic.
    10-23-08 02:40 PM
    This isn't an isolated incident with ATT and the Bold. This happens on every single network. I've been on all five (ATT, VZW, Tmo, Sprint and Nextel before it was bought) You talk to different people about a new phone launch and you will get wildly different answes. From different release dates to I don't know about the phone you're talking about, regardless of how "official" the launch is. Most employees don't know about a new device until a day or two before launch or even when the they get a new shipment, unless they have personal interest in it. This is how it works and this is how it will continue to work. To expect otherwise isn't realistic.
    And I agree with you to a certain degree. When your company releases something official (a product, a service, anything) that information should be circulated within the company and pushed to each employee because they are the face of your business. If they do not know, then that shows lack of information and communication within your company. Remember this is not the Nokia JCK294 that just texts and makes calls. This is the Blackberry Bold that has been called "evolutionary".

That is why I stated it has nothing to do with being a crackberry addict. The CEO of your company officially says they are willing to wipe your *** for $39.99 a month, the next day your employees should be carrying Scotts and rubber gloves.
    Last edited by JM12345; 10-24-08 at 08:51 AM.
    10-23-08 02:58 PM
    Yes, evolutionary, not revolutionary. This blackberry only does a few things that the older ones did not, but it looks better doing so.

Now as for me there is something definitely wrong with me. I got sick of waiting for the Bold in August so when my 8700c conked out I got an unlocked Nokia E71 for $380. I like the phone and just miss my old keyboard yet for some reason found myself reading this entire thread.

Oh well my contract expires on Oct. 31 and I will wait to see what else comes out before deciding to get the Bold or one of the other new phones that come out over the next couple of months. I'd prefer a revolutionary phone though.
    10-23-08 03:54 PM
    I'd prefer a revolutionary phone though.
    wait a year for the rumored blackberry with a touchscreen AND a keyboard. although, its just a rumor right now. I'm sure we'll know more about it this time next year.
    10-23-08 03:57 PM
    And I agree with you to a certain degree. When your company releases something official (a product, a service, anything) that information should be circulated within the company and pushed to each employee because they are the face of your business. If they do not know, then that shows lack of information and communication within your company. Remember this is not the Nokia JCK294 that just texts and makes calls. This is the Blackberry Bold that has been called "evolutionary".

That is why I stated it has nothing to do with being a crackberry addict. The CEO of your company officially says they are willing to wipe your **** for $39.99 a month, the next day your employees should be carrying Scotts and rubber gloves.
    I agree thats how it should be, but like I said, I'm saying unfortunately this is how it is, not how it should be.
    10-23-08 03:59 PM
    OMG! My baby just jumped into a glass of soda! It will not turn on, these next two weeks are going to be verrrry long. Imma have to use my sidekick until then.
    10-24-08 01:47 AM
    I'm thinking about going into AT&T tomorrow and making the switch tomorrow and just getting a Curve until Nov. 4th just to try it out and keep me sane until November.
    10-24-08 02:38 AM
    i was considering doing the same thing because my pearl is on its last threads (trackball doesn't "select"... it can't keep up with my typing... yesterday it forgot how to do an exclamation point...), but i think there will be enough loopholes for me to jump through in order to secure a bold on the 4th. plus, i don't trust myself to keep it in pristine condition that long. so, the wait continues for me... as my black pearl slowly dies...
    10-24-08 08:39 AM
    anyone know when stores will get stock? I know some losers i went to high school with that work for ATT that would totally hook me up before the 4th. They're too dumb to know when they're getting stock (i already asked.)
    10-24-08 08:51 AM
    I'm thinking about going into AT&T tomorrow and making the switch tomorrow and just getting a Curve until Nov. 4th just to try it out and keep me sane until November.
    This is what I did when I sold my iPhone....bought the curve and was going to return it before the 30 days (I bought mine outright retail price though). Unfortunately I bought mine on Oct. 5 so I am cutting it real close, so I figured I will return it next week just to be on the safe side.

As soon as I picked up the curve I picked up that black rubber housing from Best Buy just to be sure I didn't scratch the phone. That is going back next week too.....so no more BBM for a week. Damn
    10-24-08 08:58 AM
    anyone know when stores will get stock? I know some losers i went to high school with that work for ATT that would totally hook me up before the 4th. They're too dumb to know when they're getting stock (i already asked.)
    Yeah, that will make them want to help you out, haha...
    10-24-08 09:16 AM
    Yeah, that will make them want to help you out, haha...
    That was exactly what I was thinking. Aside from the shipping dept @ AT&T and higher ups nobody really knows when the stores will get stock. I'm thinking either next Friday or Monday at the very latest. People are making this out to be like a situation from the iPhone. You're going to be very shock when you go in the AT&T store and realize that the demand for the BOLD is not high as you may think it is. The economy is rough so droppin $400 on a celly is just not as easy for some as it once was.
    10-24-08 09:47 AM
    yea, now that they've states a release date...im sure it wont be too long until we have them in stock....but once theyre in stock it'll either be that day or the following they go on sale.
    10-24-08 10:23 AM
    Which I am guessing will be the 4th. Maybe this is some conspiracy to lure voters from their booths and make them wait in line at an AT&T store to get their Bold....that would be cool. Conspiracy Theorists, Go! lol
    10-24-08 10:38 AM
    This device was my first Blackberry! I still have it!!!
    10-07-13 02:45 PM
    Yep and I still use it. It's cool to see it around the world.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:20 AM
1,443 ... 565758
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD