Don't know if this has been discussed in the last few pages but say if ATT get a shipment in 4 or 5 days early would they be able to sell the phones prior to the 4th?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 04:56 PM
    Don't know if this has been discussed in the last few pages but say if ATT get a shipment in 4 or 5 days early would they be able to sell the phones prior to the 4th?

That's a pretty good question, but I think they would have it setup where they would receive the shipment the day before maybe even 2 days before as they did with the iPhone.
    10-22-08 05:19 PM
    Personally, I think that with this pricing that we have confirmation that AT&T is not the only one that wants to sell lots of iPhones, apparently RIM wants to as well.

I will probably still get one but I am clearly crazy.

The average consumer will look at the pricing for the Bold and make a b-line to the iPhone. Doesn't RIM realize that the pricing of the iPhone has changed the landscape and if they want to expand beyond crazy early adopters and their traditional markets and compete with consumers alongside the iPhone they better be aggressive in pricing. I am particularly peeved about this MIR BS. Just price the thing at $299 and call it a day for God sake, it's just plain ridiculous. If you must, price it at $299 out the door and then reduce it to $249 closer to the holidays. When the iPhone price was announced, I thought "finally someone has realized that a low upfront cost makes the additional $30 a month more platable to the average consumer and the more people they can get playing that additional charge the more money they make", clearly it is only Apple that realizes this. Too bad, really.
    10-22-08 07:01 PM
    Scott11 or anyone who knows; will it be tough to get a bold on November 4th? Stores going to be fully stocked? I am in cleveland, so if anyone has a hook up here let me know. U can pm me since I am blackberry-less till nov. 4
    i am wondering the same thing except i am in rochester new york

i dont have school so ill be at store at opening, but im worried we will have lines. like for the g1, and most ppl pre ordered the g1's
    10-22-08 07:08 PM
    Anyone who works at a chicagoland ATT hit me up PM ill pay extra cash to make sure i get one on the 4th, and ill be there at store opening.
    10-22-08 07:13 PM
    Anyone who works at a chicagoland ATT hit me up PM ill pay extra cash to make sure i get one on the 4th, and ill be there at store opening.
    That wont be necessary seeing how this phone is going to go for $400+. That price itself is already discouraging crackberry fiends from buying it. I doubt there will even be a small line, if at all.
    10-22-08 07:23 PM
    That wont be necessary seeing how this phone is going to go for $400+. That price itself is already discouraging crackberry fiends from buying it. I doubt there will even be a small line, if at all.
    Your logic is sound. Sub $200 before tax, etc. (i.e. iPhone, G1) = lines. Double that price for the same basic feature set = no lines. The first iPhone was an exception to this because no one had an iPhone before, it was new. Blackberry's are not new.
    10-22-08 07:32 PM
    Your logic is sound. Sub $200 before tax, etc. (i.e. iPhone, G1) = lines. Double that price for the same basic feature set = no lines. The first iPhone was an exception to this because no one had an iPhone before, it was new. Blackberry's are not new.
    I definitely agree
    10-22-08 07:35 PM
    Yup. That price tag makes me want to wait until after the holiday season to even consider buying it...
    10-22-08 07:36 PM
    I'll second that, i think i may just ask for it for christmas, that or wait for the jav.
    10-22-08 07:45 PM
    i expected it to be 299 all along. and i knew that would be after a rebate so im not surprised at all

and after a 100 day wait, ive saved up more than enough cash to buy it
    10-22-08 07:48 PM
    400 out the door is ridiculous. ugh.
    10-22-08 08:20 PM
    I always thought what the heck i'm going to get that money back anyway, but for some reason its different when the price is 400 dollars. i just cant imagine forking over 400 for a phone, even if it is the bold.
    10-22-08 08:25 PM
    Hey guys. This has been the greatest thread ever. I recently became discouraged with the wait and bought a new Curve - with the hope that I had thirty days to return it. It seems my little gamble may have paid off. Funny though, I called 2 local stores this morning when the news came out and even called the AT&T phone sales line. None of the three would acknowledge the 11/4 release date. I told them it was all over the net. They were unimpressed - said the bloggers didn't know what they were talking about. They changed their tune a little when I pointed them to the official press releases from AT&T and RIM. Theses are publicly traded companies - falsifying a product launch with a SEC filed press release that provides a specific date would constitute fraud. In case any one hasn't seen the "official" press releases heres the links - just delete the spaces in the http and www - h t t p://press.rim.com/financial/release.jsp?id=1684 and w w w.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=26072

Thanks to everyone for keeping me informed and entertained!
    10-22-08 09:01 PM
    I always thought what the heck i'm going to get that money back anyway, but for some reason its different when the price is 400 dollars. i just cant imagine forking over 400 for a phone, even if it is the bold.
    You know what a MIR is? It is an interest free loan to AT&T and/or RIM. It is total BS, these days the only kind of rebate I even remotely like is the Staples Easy Rebate because they make it so painless (it is not mail-in) and you actually get the rebate check in a couple of weeks. In the 21st Century there should be no more frickin' mail-in rebates. Who knows when you will get the money back (months probably), in the meantime the company with your money will have used it to make more money and you don't even get the courtesy of a little interest in return.

The rebate is supposed to make it easier to put down 4 bills on a phone that should not be 4 bills to begin with. You know, I was watching Mary Poppins with my daughter yesterday and the Poppins woman had something to say about a spoonful of sugar that fits this BS MIR perfectly. Again, I hope that this craptastic news is wrong and there is no MIR attached to the Bold and come Nov. 4th it will be $299 out the door.

Anyway, I am just venting and expressing my impotent rage so feel free to ignore this entire post. Sorry.
    10-22-08 09:15 PM
    The funny thing is in their press release they do not mention a MIR on the AT&T website, but it does say other conditions may apply. I'm also hoping it's $299 out the door. I agree RoninKSB that the age of MIRs are done. I believe T-Mo has done away with MIRs and just are giving outright discounts.
    10-22-08 09:21 PM
    time is going by very slow... 13 days is so far away. Not enough plans to make a day go fast =/
    10-22-08 09:25 PM
    TMO still does MIRs, don't worry.
    10-22-08 09:33 PM
    I was told by the store manager at the store i go to the mir was going to be 50 bucks, so 350 right away and 299 after mail in rebate. new phones that are released almost never have a 100 mir right away, but maybe that's just what i've observed.

10-22-08 09:39 PM
    looks like im catching a cold that day...
    10-22-08 09:42 PM
    Unlike most regular consumers that will look at the price and say "WOAH! WAT TOO MUCH", I'll be sticking it out for a little while and wait for the price to go down a little, or until I have 400 dollars in my hands, and a little bit more for tax. Either way, since there's a concrete release date, I am satisfied. Also, I will not be going after the iPhone haha. But still I am a little disappointed that I won't have a Bold in my hand for a couple more months
    10-22-08 09:50 PM
    Thankfully I don't have too many other things to spend my money on because I still intend on buying this BlackBerry when it's released or soon after.
    10-23-08 01:27 AM
    Yeah I really want to get the Bold right when it comes out but I know I don't have the money for it. With 4.5 on the curve, it won't be so bad, and hey who knows maybe by the time I can afford it the new curve 8900 will be out for at&t! Now that would be pretty sweet...

10-23-08 01:51 AM
    Will accessories be available on the 4th? I may pick up a few skins to compliment my blackberry bold.
    10-23-08 02:19 AM
    Will accessories be available on the 4th? I may pick up a few skins to compliment my blackberry bold.
    Accessories been out. You can either order them here on CB or if you'd rather buy it and have it same day, AT&T stores should have some accessories out when the phone launches. Oh yea, Bestbuys been carrying the silicone cases/skins for the Bold for about a month already.
    10-23-08 03:05 AM
1,443 ... 5455565758
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD