I know it is not new/in release, but it is $100.

Michael
    10-22-08 04:08 PM
    Good point Scott. $100 MIR would be alot. The most I've seen for a rebate is maybe $50 and usuals are $25.

Everytime I've gotten a phone from them its been 100.00
    10-22-08 04:11 PM
    Umm, I don't know of any schools or colleges that have the day off....
    I know my class is still on for tuesday november 4th...probably because voting hours are just about over by the time my class starts...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 04:12 PM
    Umm, I don't know of any schools or colleges that have the day off....
    Agreed. I know I don't have the day off, but the job may let us leave early to vote. Luckily I don't have to be in until 10 so I'll be at the AT&T store bright and early.
    10-22-08 04:13 PM
    and I see that the date is Nov 4th. Oh well, at least we have an actual date from ATT. And I see pricing is $549 w/o contract. Time to start counting the pennies and break open the piggy bank!

Thanks all for the info!!
    10-22-08 04:16 PM
    I've already ordered a Best Skin Ever and a keyboard with the red numbers on it. So I'll be already for 11/04/08

I like the red numbers better than the white ones. I don't know why AT&T went with an all white keyboard....everything just blends in together. Someone mentioned it was because red was a Verizon color Not sure how true that was but AT&T could have made them orange or blue if that was the case I like the numbers to stand out. It just makes it easier when dialing/typing.

I'm so relieved they gave a release date. Even though I wish it was earlier than 11/4, I feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. It was so stressful not knowing anything.
    10-22-08 04:18 PM
    Matter of fact, I have an exam that day.
    10-22-08 04:18 PM
    Well $549 without a contract isn't a bad deal at all especially if the price is $399 before MIR on a 2 year deal.

10-22-08 04:19 PM
    Well $549 without a contract isn't a bad deal at all especially if the price is $399 before MIR on a 2 year deal.

The problem is that most probally won't be able to buy it for the non-contract price for 45 days which sucks.
    10-22-08 04:24 PM

I agree! and it appears that I can use the early upgrade option as well.
    10-22-08 04:26 PM
    399 with 2 year contract before mir. That is really stirring me away from this now. 400 bucks is WAY too steep. The fact that mail in rebate will also take FOREVER to get.
    10-22-08 04:27 PM
    Well the 45 day wait would be cool with me because it would give me more time to save my pennies and who knows maybe they will drop the MIR and it will be $299 out the door by then. In that case I would take the early upgrade price, but at $400+ out the door I would rather fork out a little more to not be under a contract.

10-22-08 04:30 PM
    Scott11 or anyone who knows; will it be tough to get a bold on November 4th? Stores going to be fully stocked? I am in cleveland, so if anyone has a hook up here let me know. U can pm me since I am blackberry-less till nov. 4
    10-22-08 04:32 PM
    I think that price point is going to drive a few customers away from the device. $400 is alot to drop on a phone. If it wasn't for me exchanging my iPhone I would be leary about getting it.
    10-22-08 04:32 PM
    The price is a deal killer to non crackberryheads because they will say "why should I pay $400+ when I can pay $199 for an iphone?" So I think the rest of us can be confident that we will be able to get one when they drop.

10-22-08 04:34 PM
    depending on the people you might be able to get it without contract for full retail. I spoke with a rep and she told me you can buy it off contract. Don't know about other stores and I'll ask them too and see if they will say the same thing or if they will tell me I have to wait 45 days and then buy it off contract.
    10-22-08 04:35 PM
    depending on the people you might be able to get it without contract for full retail. I spoke with a rep and she told me you can buy it off contract. Don't know about other stores and I'll ask them too and see if they will say the same thing or if they will tell me I have to wait 45 days and then buy it off contract.
    Yeah, that's a good point it all depends on who you talk to and what kind of deal you can negotiate with them.

10-22-08 04:37 PM
    The price is a deal killer to non crackberryheads because they will say "why should I pay $400+ when I can pay $199 for an iphone?" So I think the rest of us can be confident that we will be able to get one when they drop.

Yeah I have say that Apple trumps RIM on the price point
    10-22-08 04:37 PM
    and I see that the date is Nov 4th. Oh well, at least we have an actual date from ATT. And I see pricing is $549 w/o contract. Time to start counting the pennies and break open the piggy bank!

Thanks all for the info!!
    Where did you see this pricing at?
    10-22-08 04:38 PM
    Keep in mind the sales rep @ AT&T get paid off commission and not all reps would be willing to sell a BOLD @ the outright price and get nothing in return. Then again you may run in a few reps who are willing to go beyond the call of duty.
    10-22-08 04:39 PM
    Yeah I have say that Apple trumps RIM on the price point
    Maybe so....but I like to think that "you get what you pay for"!
    10-22-08 04:39 PM
    You can do that with any phone... you just won't get the benefits of the discounts and rebates.
    10-22-08 04:41 PM
    Maybe so....but I like to think that "you get what you pay for"!
    Touche(sp?)
    10-22-08 04:43 PM
    The $299 sounds good but like others I wish it was not a mail in rebate. It takes so long to get it and then to get the credit card. I just end up using it to pay part of my bill.

So happy to have the exact date!
    10-22-08 04:53 PM
    Where did you see this pricing at?
    From post#1349. It came from Blackberry News but I also saw it on a few other sites as well.
    10-22-08 04:54 PM
1,443 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD