Thanks gnr I will try that
    10-22-08 11:13 AM
    For some odd reason I am on a 1-year contract haha
    I remember when I bought 2 lines at ATT early last year at BB, the CSR jotted down "1 yr contract" so when I went to cancel the lines, ATT didn't want to because according to them I had a 2 yr contract. Good thing I kept the receipt/contract because I had to fax it to them, from a retail store so they knew I wasn't making it up, and they were able to cancel w/o issue after that.

Its possible, but they don't like it. I'm just glad we don't have Rogers here where they make you sign a 3 yr contract
    10-22-08 11:15 AM
    I'm willing to bet it will add the new 2 year contract to the length you have left in your existing one.
    10-22-08 11:17 AM
    So I guess that makes it $199 after the MIR?
    "Price is "as low as" $299, which includes a mail-in rebate and a two-year contract."

So to answer your question, no, it's $299 after the MIR.
    10-22-08 11:22 AM
    I mean, I am a little stoked, but cripes. It's a friggin' phone. Come on!

I will be happy to see it, but some here seem to consider it the reinvention of the printing press.....

Heh heh.

Michael
    10-22-08 11:28 AM
    just to think there were 500 posts yesterday morning and now look at it, 1300 strong
    10-22-08 11:31 AM
    I am excited to finally have a release date. Have been waiting for a while for the Bold and at least now we know when.

Hopefully the delay means that it will work without issues on the AT&T 3G network.
    10-22-08 11:32 AM
    That $299 price is very misleading because it should state $299 AFTER $100 MIR. I wish these companies would do away with MIRs, but they won't because they know most customers won't even bother with them. I know for a fact that I will definitely send mine in though. $100 is a $100.
    10-22-08 11:34 AM
    So the phone is more than $400 out the door (once you include the upgrade fee and taxes)? $180 for the G1, $199 for the iPhone, $400 for the Bold. WTF?

The MIR is total crap especially when we all know that within 45 days or so they will drop the MIR and sell the phone for $299 out the door.

At $299+ out the door it was already stretching its continued appeal to me above the competition. At $399+, I am going to have to seriously consider other buying options. And to top it off I have held off upgrading for months waiting for this phone to be released.

Geez, this phone is just killing me with the delay after delay and now this.
    10-22-08 11:47 AM
    Well since I'll have to pay $600 anyways I'm going to search craigslist for one early haha
    Try ebay. I've been watching the auctions for the past few days and it appears that the prices have been coming down to the $550 (ish) range.

Could go even lower now that interest in $600-700 phones dry up in favor of waiting for Nov 4th.

Either way, me and the wife are getting new Bolds real soon.
    10-22-08 11:49 AM
    So the phone is more than $400 out the door (once you include the upgrade fee and taxes)? $180 for the G1, $199 for the iPhone, $400 for the Bold. WTF?

The MIR is total crap especially when we all know that within 45 days or so they will drop the MIR and sell the phone for $299 out the door.

At $299+ out the door it was already stretching its continued appeal to me above the competition. At $399+, I am going to have to seriously consider other buying options. And to top it off I have held off upgrading for months waiting for this phone to be released.

Geez, this phone is just killing me with the delay after delay and now this.
    That pricing was an issue I had as well, but I'm not really complaining about it because I'm exchanging my iPhone, but I'm still going to have to come out of pocket with about another $150 to cover taxes and the restocking fee. I will be definitely sending in that MIR the same day.
    10-22-08 11:59 AM
    I am excited to finally have a release date. Have been waiting for a while for the Bold and at least now we know when.

Hopefully the delay means that it will work without issues on the AT&T 3G network.
    The 3G network is supposed to be going through an upgrade that was to complete on Oct. 31, so releasing the Bold on Nov. 4 makes sense so they don't have a repeat of the iPhone 3G fiasco.
    10-22-08 12:00 PM
    Come to think of it, I might hold off on the bold until after the holidays in the hopes that they do in fact drop the MIR and price it at $299 out the door. I know that sounds horrible (and trust me I might not make it ) but I think, for me, its worth a shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 12:01 PM
    Can someone post the source of the rebate information?

I looked at the press release again and the word "rebate" is no where to be found.
    10-22-08 12:02 PM
    Price isn't too bad, I will definitely be getting the Bold. We've waited so long for it and its so close now.. Still though, two more weeks!? It's going to be a very long two weeks.
    10-22-08 12:07 PM
    so i think ive seen this asked before in this thread but i cant seem to find it... im upgrade eligible and my phone died so i could go get a curve today, then when the bold comes out i could go replace my curve for a bold at $299?
    10-22-08 12:08 PM
    so i think ive seen this asked before in this thread but i cant seem to find it... im upgrade eligible and my phone died so i could go get a curve today, then when the bold comes out i could go replace my curve for a bold at $299?
    You can return the Curve within 30 days, but what a hassle and a liability. Get a scratch on it and you may be sorry. Better to just borrow somebody's old RAZR or something GSM until the Bold launch date.

I can tell you that in my area of the world (East Texas), there aren't going to be any lines for Bolds at a $399 walk-out price. Indeed, at that price, you have to wonder if this is just another attempt by AT&T to sell more iPhones. You can buy mutliple, good extended battery add-ons for the iPhone for $200. Also, I have not seen any info. on the $100 rebate, but if it is a lame AT&T credit card (that arrives so long after you submit the form you have probably completely forgotten about it), it is more likely that there will be lines of people trying to get out of the store than in.

Finally, don't forget to add $10 to the monthly bill for your Bold purchase (if you are using an Edge Blackberry, like the Curve or 88XX); AT&T charges extra for 3G and it is NOT something you can opt out of.
    10-22-08 12:20 PM
    You can return the Curve within 30 days, but what a hassle and a liability. Get a scratch on it and you may be sorry. Better to just borrow somebody's old RAZR or something GSM until the Bold launch date.

I can tell you that in my area of the world (East Texas), there aren't going to be any lines for Bolds at a $399 walk-out price. Indeed, at that price, you have to wonder if this is just another attempt by AT&T to sell more iPhones. You can buy mutliple, good extended battery add-ons for the iPhone for $200. Also, I have not seen any info. on the $100 rebate, but if it is a lame AT&T credit card (that arrives so long after you submit the form you have probably completely forgotten about it), it is more likely that there will be lines of people trying to get out of the store than in.

Finally, don't forget to add $10 to the monthly bill for your Bold purchase (if you are using an Edge Blackberry, like the Curve or 88XX); AT&T charges extra for 3G and it is NOT something you can opt out of.
    AT&T does NOT charge extra for 3G. The data for BIS is $30 a month and add $20 on top of that if you want unlimited texting which is what me and the mrs currently have on our Curves. I agree with you though that I'm pretty sure that the BOLD will be available moreso than the iPhone was especially @ $400 plus taxes out the door.
    10-22-08 12:28 PM

So how much does is the monthly AT&T charge for unlimited 3G and the BIS? I have been operating with the impression that it is $30 (maybe $35), am I wrong? Isn't the fee $30 for the iPhone?
    10-22-08 12:29 PM
    So- I'd be paying $30 for Data instead of $20 I am paying now?

But - the iPhone doesnt get the discount my wife gets as a teacher, does the BB?
    10-22-08 12:32 PM
    So- I'd be paying $30 for Data instead of $20 I am paying now?

But - the iPhone doesnt get the discount my wife gets as a teacher, does the BB?
    Data for the BB is $30 and yes you would get a discount on the BB plan I believe. Double check with CS as they can verify it.
    10-22-08 12:37 PM
    3G doesn't cost more. If I were to go and buy the Bold off contract, I would put my SIM into it and it would have all the features of my plan which includes BIS at $30 for unlimited data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 12:41 PM
    My wife and I were both getting a discount on our service (through work) until I made the mistake of switching to the iphone. I was told the discount did not apply to the iphone. After about 2 weeks, I realized the iphone was a turd and switched back to my BB. CS told me that I could not start recieving the discount again, unless I changed my phone number...
    10-22-08 12:50 PM
    My wife and I were both getting a discount on our service (through work) until I made the mistake of switching to the iphone. I was told the discount did not apply to the iphone. After about 2 weeks, I realized the iphone was a turd and switched back to my BB. CS told me that I could not start recieving the discount again, unless I changed my phone number...
    What?! I wonder what the reasoning in that is? Sounds like some BS to me.
    10-22-08 12:52 PM
    That sounds crazy. The discount should automatically kick back in once the system notices that you've changed plans. I would call CS back on that one.
    10-22-08 12:52 PM
1,443 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD