Question for Scotts-

let's say i'm eligible for the At&t Corp. Premiere equipment discount, do you have any idea of approximately how much off the subsidized price I might be paying? For example, if the price for the phone is offered at $350, do you know around how much I might end up saving?

I can't tell you for sure, but a lot of times premier pricing is what non IRU accounts pay for phones after rebate.

Example:

non IRU customer pays 199.99 for curve, 100 MIR final cost of 99.99.

IRU customer will pay 99.99.

That being said, they've shifted away from that a lot lately, and most store reps will not have a clue as to what premier pricing is. With the bold being a high profile device there may not be much...

Best bet is to go to a store, show proof of employment and ask what the benefits of your FAN are. Most times it's service discount, perhaps a handset discount, and maybe an accessory discount.

I know I'm not Scotts, but I work for them so I can field this crap too.
    10-21-08 06:44 PM
    any thoughts on perhaps they may be delaying this device to allow that new "niagra" or whatever to develop, so by the time the bold releases the niagra will be ready in less than a year, thus ATT will be able to hit all of us blackberry heads with a full price and not an upgrade price, because they know were going to buy the bold no matter how long we wait for it...

just a desperate conspiracy theory to perhaps entertain us while being tortured by misinformation
    10-21-08 06:46 PM
    im quite the lurker but its been good entertainment to distract me from class
    10-21-08 06:47 PM
    i found the correct SKU
    10-21-08 06:48 PM
    I can't tell you for sure, but a lot of times premier pricing is what non IRU accounts pay for phones after rebate.

Example:

non IRU customer pays 199.99 for curve, 100 MIR final cost of 99.99.

IRU customer will pay 99.99.

That being said, they've shifted away from that a lot lately, and most store reps will not have a clue as to what premier pricing is. With the bold being a high profile device there may not be much...

Best bet is to go to a store, show proof of employment and ask what the benefits of your FAN are. Most times it's service discount, perhaps a handset discount, and maybe an accessory discount.

I know I'm not Scotts, but I work for them so I can field this crap too.
    Awesome, appreciate it man! I definitely can't complain because any discount is better than no discount. The AT&T rep I spoke with on the phone said that there's 3 tiers of pricing discounts and i'd probably get the cheapest price on the Premiere website, with the in-store discount next, and over the phone being the smallest of the discounts. Thought that was kind of odd because if anything, I would figure a discount is something that would be consistent.
    10-21-08 06:50 PM
    very true ^ i follow this thread all day. but yes u guys have made me an addict without having one
    10-21-08 06:51 PM
    yea, the premier pricing confuses a lot of people, especially reps...
    10-21-08 06:52 PM
    Awesome, appreciate it man! I definitely can't complain because any discount is better than no discount. The AT&T rep I spoke with on the phone said that there's 3 tiers of pricing discounts and i'd probably get the cheapest price on the Premiere website, with the in-store discount next, and over the phone being the smallest of the discounts. Thought that was kind of odd because if anything, I would figure a discount is something that would be consistent.
    A lot of times AT&T takes a hit on some of those discounts, but trhe companies associated with those discount generate so much revenue so in the long run it's better not to make that account angry.

But discounting on premier can vary from market to market in various channels, so it's not really all that surprising to me.
    Last edited by elushon; 10-21-08 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Grammar
    10-21-08 06:53 PM
    Scott you found the SKU?!
    10-21-08 06:54 PM
    any thoughts on perhaps they may be delaying this device to allow that new "niagra" or whatever to develop, so by the time the bold releases the niagra will be ready in less than a year, thus ATT will be able to hit all of us blackberry heads with a full price and not an upgrade price, because they know were going to buy the bold no matter how long we wait for it...

just a desperate conspiracy theory to perhaps entertain us while being tortured by misinformation

Crap. Our secrets out. We know where you live...Pay NO attention to those guys that just pulled into your driveway...
    10-21-08 06:56 PM
    pm me for news
    PMed
    10-21-08 06:57 PM
    Hey Scotts I sent you a pm. Thanks!
    10-21-08 06:57 PM
    PM'd you scott.
    10-21-08 07:00 PM
    scott cant you just post here? im sure everyone will want to know!
    10-21-08 07:01 PM
    pm also sent, i desperately need to get rid of this cingular 8125 ive had for 2.5 years....
    10-21-08 07:01 PM
    Scott there is 63 pages here... We have been through the ringer, I'm on my curve just share with all of us!!! Please!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 07:02 PM
    haha well, i foudn the REAL SKU...ill have info tomorrow
    10-21-08 07:04 PM
    I PM'd you too scott
    10-21-08 07:04 PM
    Crap. Our secrets out. We know where you live...Pay NO attention to those guys that just pulled into your driveway...
    hahaha see that mel gibson movie isnt all bull**** sometimes you guess right
    10-21-08 07:05 PM
    So you have no news now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 07:05 PM
    scott spill the beans right meow please...tomorrow is no bueno
    10-21-08 07:06 PM
    scott spill the beans right meow please...tomorrow is no bueno
    what difference would it make? lol
    10-21-08 07:08 PM
    about one day...
    10-21-08 07:09 PM
    haha, ill have the date tomorrow