Sorry to be a downer guys, but why is everyone so excited that it's going to be released any day now? I haven't seen anything different on these forums than what's been said the last few weeks. Did I miss something?
    10-21-08 01:24 PM
    they might as well quit there job and let me take there place. i'll tell you sometime this week.
    as much as i would love to hear this week, i (and everyone else) just want an official statement from att. if they were to say it wont be released until so and so date in november, then that would be fine w/ me. but all this covert bull$#!t is just really annoying. they were quite loud about when the ip.o.s. was coming out, why not be loud about a much better phone?
    10-21-08 01:24 PM
    He also might know that giving out the sku can reveal the date and would hurt his auction. He got back to me quick on the other stuff but not this one :-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 01:25 PM
    they might as well quit there job and let me take there place. i'll tell you sometime this week.
    I know right. Ugh. Off to class only to daydream about the bold
    Anyone know where the Warehouse is located? Depending on location of shipped from, some States might get it before others.

These people in the retail AT&T stores don't have a clue or are great pretenders. I just got back from one of the stores and the store manager said that the Bold will be out by the end of the year, or November or December. At which time I just laughed and walked out.
    It actually happened to me too. They laugh that it's coming out in November or December. I laugh back and it becomes a little joke lol
    10-21-08 01:26 PM
    as much as i would love to hear this week, i (and everyone else) just want an official statement from att. if they were to say it wont be released until so and so date in november, then that would be fine w/ me. but all this covert bull$#!t is just really annoying. they were quite loud about when the ip.o.s. was coming out, why not be loud about a much better phone?
    I don't think at&t will announce the release date. My opinion tho because I think they are just going to ship the phone out and sell them. It's not a revolutionary phone just evolutionary.
    10-21-08 01:29 PM
    He also might know that giving out the sku can reveal the date and would hurt his auction. He got back to me quick on the other stuff but not this one :-(

i really hope he gives us the SKu if he has. Do a favor for all of us that are drooling over the bold haha. But on the other hand it might affect his auction so i don't really know -_-"
    10-21-08 01:32 PM
    alright, here's what we did on my lunch break:

#1 call to AT&T store here in D.C.: "Not until November."
    #2 call to same store about 10 minutes later made by a different person, same person answered the phone... speakerphone: "Maybe tomorrow! At the latest Monday."
    #3 call to same store about 10 minutes after that call made by even another person, same person answered the phone again: "Before Christmas, definitely."
    #4 call to store, same person as the first call, same person at the store answering the phone: "We'll be lucky to see it by the end of the year." "But when I called 20 minutes ago, you said sometime in November." "November is before the end of the year." "And when I called back another time, you said any day now." "Any day now is before the end of the year." "Do you have any idea when it's coming out?" "No, no one does."

Just thought we'd have a little fun...
    If I knew the timing was close to the Storm I would buy it just to spite AT&T. Who is managing the product? Idiots.
    I think we all need a group hug. *****Huggggggggggggg*****

Seriously tho guys.....I know the people at the ATT store may not know exactly when a phone will be in for sale but the guy I talked to said tomorrow. Here again he was half asleep....Let's hope it is very soon.
    10-21-08 01:35 PM
    THE G1 OWNS ALL I JUST GOT RID OF MY BLACKBERRY YESTERDAY RIM IS ON ITS WAY OUT SORRY TO SAY IT LADiES AND GENTS..
    10-21-08 01:37 PM
    and productivity will be at an all time low tomorrow.....and the next day.....and the next day
    10-21-08 01:38 PM
    THE G1 OWNS ALL I JUST GOT RID OF MY BLACKBERRY YESTERDAY RIM IS ON ITS WAY OUT SORRY TO SAY IT LADiES AND GENTS..
    ok great
    10-21-08 01:38 PM
    i cant wait like everyone else, but whats a better way to indulge myself after a midterm of corp finance.
    10-21-08 01:40 PM
    if you dont like rim thats great, but stop thread crapping in forums about a phone that you never even owned (or probably never will).
    10-21-08 01:40 PM
    alright, here's what we did on my lunch break:

#1 call to AT&T store here in D.C.: "Not until November."
    #2 call to same store about 10 minutes later made by a different person, same person answered the phone... speakerphone: "Maybe tomorrow! At the latest Monday."
    #3 call to same store about 10 minutes after that call made by even another person, same person answered the phone again: "Before Christmas, definitely."
    #4 call to store, same person as the first call, same person at the store answering the phone: "We'll be lucky to see it by the end of the year." "But when I called 20 minutes ago, you said sometime in November." "November is before the end of the year." "And when I called back another time, you said any day now." "Any day now is before the end of the year." "Do you have any idea when it's coming out?" "No, no one does."

Just thought we'd have a little fun...
    the reps you just spoke to are the worst. esepcially the one that said "We'll be lucky to see it by the end of the year." just say you don't know and that's that. lol what a joke
    10-21-08 01:43 PM
    Sigh, I just wish we knew but thees nothing we can really do but wait and I hate waiting
    10-21-08 01:43 PM
    the reps you just spoke to are the worst. esepcially the one that said "We'll be lucky to see it by the end of the year." just say you don't know and that's that. lol what a joke
    no, no... see, it was all the same rep the best we could tell! she kept giving us different answers everytime we called! that's what made it comical.
    10-21-08 01:45 PM
    let me know when you reach a point.
    10-21-08 01:45 PM
    sounds like you are getting the G1 good luck with that. I hate every little thing about it. It looks absolutely disgusting so if you get yours i hope you give it a little makeup.
    10-21-08 01:46 PM
    And we have our first clown of the day!
    10-21-08 01:47 PM
    no, no... see, it was all the same rep the best we could tell! she kept giving us different answers everytime we called! that's what made it comical.
    she's soo dumb. I can imagine anyone who calls she would give a bunch of bs to them.
    10-21-08 01:47 PM
    I'm not eligible for an upgrade/discount. If I spend a little more for an unbranded Bold, or even one from a non-AT&T provider, the productivity I'll have once I finally buy the darn thing will make up for the extra $$$ I spent buying it now. Geeze. What's wrong with us?
    10-21-08 01:49 PM
    Sigh, I just wish we knew but thees nothing we can really do but wait and I hate waiting
    I hate waiting in general. I've never waited so long for a dam phone. I hope this is worth waiting. I would be so mad if I don't like it but we'll see...
    10-21-08 01:49 PM
1,443 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD