Well at 680.00 I have no upgrade, and the way I understand it, I would get 75.00 off of that price instead of the normal 150.00. So that would make the phone 600 bucks. I would assume that since most BB's get a 100 mail in rebate that would drop it to 500. I would pay that..I still think thats too much money.
    10-21-08 08:03 AM
    The prices that Greg posted were from Best Buy info so they are Best Buy prices not At&t. Also the $680 he listed was the no contract price I believe. He can correct me if I'm wrong. I think he also listed $349 as the contract price. Again correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 08:15 AM
    I am just saying that typically the price is about 150 more then the contract price..Bottom line is here we are again trying to figure this stuff out when in reality ATT should already tell us this stuff, I just do not get this company at all.
    10-21-08 08:21 AM
    The prices that Greg posted were from Best Buy info so they are Best Buy prices not At&t. Also the $680 he listed was the no contract price I believe. He can correct me if I'm wrong. I think he also listed $349 as the contract price. Again correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I thought. I will get it at my ATT store where I hope the guy I know will be sure to save me one (I am going to text him just that in a few) and I think I have an upgrade so will up for another 2 years and hopefully will walk out with my baby for around $300 and change. That is after any rebates, etc. I wish I could afford to buy it outright so no contract but since I will probably be with ATT for a long time I guess it really does not matter.

I am trying not to get too excited and be let down.
    10-21-08 08:22 AM
    I am not sure how accurate this is but I just got off of the phone with the guy I know at ATT and he said that they phone is supposed to come out tomorrow. He said he will get me the first one and put it back for me so I am hoping that tomorrow either at lunch or after work I can get in and get it. If they come in tomorrow it may be Thursday when they go on sale. Not sure how it will work.

Wooooo Hoooooo
    10-21-08 09:21 AM
    Sounds hopeful!!!!! I hope he's right!!

10-21-08 09:25 AM
    The no contract price is always $200 more than the discounted price advertised. Even if the no contract was $500 it would be $300 then if there were any rebates you would still get those as well.
    10-21-08 09:35 AM
    just called local ATT store, they said they didnt get any shipment yet and to call back around 1-2 pm

imagine it comes out today...
    10-21-08 09:39 AM
    the difference is $150..so if the phone at sale price is 250, the retail price would be $400
    10-21-08 09:40 AM
    the difference is $150..so if the phone at sale price is 250, the retail price would be $400
    Does anyone know the actual sale price? I've heard everywhere from $250 - $400.

I called my local at&t store just for kicks and they said 1-2 weeks :/.

Scott, any news for us man? Keep us updated!

Also, how long after the phone is released will it take for it to be available on at&t's website?
    10-21-08 09:43 AM
    just called local ATT store, they said they didnt get any shipment yet and to call back around 1-2 pm

imagine it comes out today...
    I don't even get that response from my local AT&T stores...they just say, "nope, it's not in, should be in later this month, or November, or December."

It's like they're either playing dumb with me, or they're totally misinformed...and don't check CB!

lol

I'll call again today....but I figure if Scott ends up having any devices in his NY store...we should all have something in our local stores, even me in Southern California...who knows anymore...

just need to wait and see....
    10-21-08 09:45 AM
    im in the east coast here in jersey city so its 10:46 am right now and will call back again in a few hours but hopefully scott has some solid info before that
    10-21-08 09:47 AM
    well just because ny has them doesnt mean the whole country will have them...so if cali gets them we wont necessarily have them..

...and to answer your question of why they "play" dumb, we do that at the store i work in also and thats because we really dont know anything....so instead of saying check back later or it will bout by the end of the year is because if we say we'll have them tomorrow and you come in to get it, we basically lied to you..

...they do it to cover themselves
    10-21-08 09:48 AM
    im scheduled for 1pm i always go in early and our fedex and ups shipments come in between 1 and 4, so once its in ill let you guys know, but they dont let me near the boxes because they know what im looking for haha
    10-21-08 09:49 AM
    Does anyone know the actual sale price? I've heard everywhere from $250 - $400.

I called my local at&t store just for kicks and they said 1-2 weeks :/.

Scott, any news for us man? Keep us updated!

Also, how long after the phone is released will it take for it to be available on at&t's website?
    The AT&T press release that BGR posted a few weeks back said the following:

"The BlackBerry Bold will be available exclusively from AT&T on October XX for $299.99."

So, I'm guessing that's the price after rebate....so the questions is what will the rebate be? $50? $100?

Probably a $50 rebate....I just can't see paying $400 + tax upfront on a device...even if it had a $100 rebate.

So...let's go w/ $349.99 + $50 MIR...best guess...what do you guys think?
    10-21-08 09:52 AM
    If I have to wait for 2 weeks then you guys might wanna put me on suicide watch.
    10-21-08 09:53 AM
    sounds good....thats what the 8800 was going for
    10-21-08 09:53 AM
    well just because ny has them doesnt mean the whole country will have them...so if cali gets them we wont necessarily have them..

...and to answer your question of why they "play" dumb, we do that at the store i work in also and thats because we really dont know anything....so instead of saying check back later or it will bout by the end of the year is because if we say we'll have them tomorrow and you come in to get it, we basically lied to you..

...they do it to cover themselves
    thanks for the clarification Scott.
    10-21-08 09:54 AM
    scott just a ques, do u think they would release the bold just like that?
    i mean there was no advertising or anything, does BB or att for that matter do that...

im only wonderign because in the case of such a hyped device for ex iphone there was crazy buildup to launch
    10-21-08 09:55 AM
    TND, its very possible, the main problem with this phone is that its not revolutionary, its evolutionary...in my opinion thats why you wont see a commercial or a release date. The phone might just show up and everyone makes a mad dash to the stores to get theirs. The storm is revolutionary just like the iphone.
    10-21-08 10:02 AM
    It already has hype though. I mean look at these forums - this thread alone has almost 550 replies, so obviously people are crazy about it.

I dont think RIM has ever been big into advertising like Apple is. Apple has to make a HUGE deal about anything they release, so that's why both iPhones were so hyped.
    10-21-08 10:03 AM
    and because of all the hype apple made look at the results for both iphones, astronomical numbers just the first weekend and there is still a craze to this day
    10-21-08 10:08 AM
    youll see commercials for the storm because they are targeting the iphone and because verizon picked up the storm they will push for the commercials because they want to target blackberry users that want an iphone, but would like the stability of a blackberry
    10-21-08 10:09 AM
    Storm looks cool...I'd like to try one out...but I LOVE my keyboard....COME'ON BOLD....come out of hiding!!!!
    10-21-08 10:16 AM
    It already has hype though. I mean look at these forums - this thread alone has almost 550 replies, so obviously people are crazy about it.

I dont think RIM has ever been big into advertising like Apple is. Apple has to make a HUGE deal about anything they release, so that's why both iPhones were so hyped.

The Bold is not about RIM it is about ATT, they are the ones that should be hyping it.

Apple has a huge stake in what ATT sells as far as the iphone..Just a big difference in my opinion..

If you ask me ATT screwed this up from the get go, but I cannot remember them ever being huge at hyping phones..Aside from the Apple product they are selling a ton, which are crap..
    10-21-08 10:20 AM
1,443 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD