maybe i read it different than you guys, but when i read "latest eta" i thought, thats the MOST RECENT ONE THEY HAVE HEARD rather than its the latest possible release. uk?

idk
    I interpret it the same... lastest = most current
    10-20-08 09:21 PM
    that makes me a happy customer.
    10-20-08 09:24 PM
    If it was released tomorrow I would be such a happy camper cuz I get paid tomorrow!!
    10-20-08 09:30 PM
    that makes me a happy customer.
    when i am holding it

i will be a happy customer
    10-20-08 09:31 PM
    when i am holding it

i will be a happy customer
    very very true
    10-20-08 09:34 PM
    Just ordered a case and some other accessories for my BOLD. So, as usual, I have protection for my Blackberry....before I have my Blackberry. After all this, I don't plan on having any accidents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 09:54 PM
    right there with you
    10-20-08 10:23 PM
    well another bit of good news for you guys after i just put 2 and 2 together....the samsung epix arrived in stores today, making it available for a 10-21-08 launch date and available....

...if you look at the email sent out to BGR and CB it shows the Samsung Epix launch date of 10-21-08 so thats right on the money, i would bet that the email is legit and the bold would be in stores this week
    Everyone...let's just sum up real quick how our good ATT friend Scott is interpreting the Bold's release will be this week. (10.21-10.24) on ATT.

As we've seen before, some people are interpreting the "latest possible ETA" a bit differently. In my opinion, as well as Scott's, this is the latest date ATT will launch the Bold - 10.27 (with a good chance of releasing it before that date)

What Scott is saying is that Best Buy is scheduled to begin selling the Bold around the same time (10.26) - still doesn't make sense to me because that's a Sunday.

So, in reality, why would a 3rd party dealer start to sell the device the same time as ATT? They wouldn't - that's like Best Buy selling the iPhone the same time as ATT and Apple.

In conclusion, if everything plays out like it should, and nothing weird happens...the Bold should drop THIS week...(10.21-10.24) in ATT stores, giving time for them to get shipments to Best Buy so they can start selling the device next week. (10.27)

Please correct me if I'm wrong Scott...and anyone else who wants to fire back on this post, just quote me!
    10-20-08 11:26 PM
    I'm thinking that if the Bold does drop this week it will be on Wednesay (10/22) because that's when the world series starts and RIM has been sponsoring the entire baseball postseason. That just seems like the most logical date to me.

10-20-08 11:34 PM
    I'm thinking that if the Bold does drop this week it will be on Wednesay (10/22) because that's when the world series starts and RIM has been sponsoring the entire baseball postseason. That just seems like the most logical date to me.

In order for it to be available on Wed then it would have to be in stock tomorrow at the AT&T stores right? So Scott should let us know tomorrow. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
    10-20-08 11:37 PM
    In order for it to be available on Wed then it would have to be in stock tomorrow at the AT&T stores right? So Scott should let us know tomorrow. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
    Yeah...Scott would for sure keep us posted, he does a great job of updating us!

WOW....you just brought a tear to my eye w/ your World Series remark...can you guys imagine it??!?!?!?!?!

BlackBerry is a major sponsor....the first commercial...a BOLD commercial! haha.

"The BlackBerry Bold, only from the new AT&T"

HOME RUN!
    10-20-08 11:41 PM
    Yeah...Scott would for sure keep us posted, he does a great job of updating us!

WOW....you just brought a tear to my eye w/ your World Series remark...can you guys imagine it??!?!?!?!?!

BlackBerry is a major sponsor....the first commercial...a BOLD commercial! haha.

"The BlackBerry Bold, only from the new AT&T"

HOME RUN!
    If theres a commercial I will cheer so loud!! haha
    10-20-08 11:49 PM
    IF there is a commercial...I have a feeling that the ratings for this world series will be low. I mean the phillies and the rays? Come on now...

10-21-08 12:05 AM
    IF there is a commercial...I have a feeling that the ratings for this world series will be low. I mean the phillies and the rays? Come on now...

Yeah...besides being a fan of one of those two teams...don't think it's going to be a huge series for ratings...

Dodgers/Redsox would have received higher ratings overall.

OK folks...this is the thread to be at this week! Stay tuned! We've got Scott feeding us updates and great discussions going on!
    Last edited by amazzajr; 10-21-08 at 01:01 AM.
    10-21-08 12:30 AM
    Good things come to those who wait.....
    and the waiting just might be over in a matter of days
    10-21-08 01:10 AM
    ive seen the price list....its soo steep
    10-21-08 02:09 AM
    and you took a pic to share, right?

Posted from my POS iphone 3g at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 02:17 AM
    and you took a pic to share, right?

Posted from my POS iphone 3g at wapforums.crackberry.com
    no but i can go back tomorrow and take one if thats what it will take for yall to believe me
    10-21-08 02:22 AM
    what was the price?
    10-21-08 02:33 AM
    no but i can go back tomorrow and take one if thats what it will take for yall to believe me
    Will it be 500$ for a no-contract one?
    10-21-08 02:47 AM
    Will it be 500$ for a no-contract one?
    i posted the price listing in the discussion section. no add 180 to that number
    10-21-08 02:49 AM
    i posted the price listing in the discussion section. no add 180 to that number
    Sorry I can not find it out. Can you send me the link?
    Thanks
    10-21-08 04:27 AM
    I am eager for the Bold to arrive, but given the situation, I don't think we'll find the Bold in stores everywhere on Wednesday.

Late last week it sounds like the Bold was finally cleared to launch. I'm sure over the weekend RIM geared up to deliver thousands of units to AT&T. I don't know if RIM or AT&T is loading the latest software on the units, but somebody has to do that and that's no small task. Then AT&T's distribution system has to get them out in the stores, and that's a huge task given the number of stores and the number of units that need to ship to "fill the channel". Don't forget they need to distribute literature, marketing materials, etc.

I see two scenarios. Either the Bold will start to appear at stores around the country sometime later this week, and the stores will sell them as they receive them, or AT&T corporate will set a release date and the stores will hold them until the release date. Given how botched the whole Bold release has been I can't guess which scenario we will see. Either way, I'm hopeful the Bold will be widely available in stores by Oct. 27th.
    Last edited by tx_traveler; 10-21-08 at 09:01 AM. Reason: fix typos
    10-21-08 05:10 AM
    680.00 for the phone? That price makes no sense. I seriously doubt its that high but if so, and as long as I have kept this faling apart phone waiting for them to release it, I wil be heading to Verizon. I guess we will see soon enough

10-21-08 05:58 AM
    I am so hoping that it is true that we will get the Bold this week. After waiting for what seems years I can hardly wait to be a true Crackberry (with Bold in hand). I would assume that even if it is around $680 for no contract after everything it would be considerable less with a 2 year contract. I know there is no way I could afford $680 or even $500. Just not that flush.

Keep us up to date Scott. You have done great.
    10-21-08 07:59 AM
1,443 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD