that would be awesome
    10-16-08 10:36 PM
    My cut off is Nov. 2...No Bold released by then, No more AT&T
    10-16-08 10:37 PM
    same thing for me
    10-16-08 10:44 PM
    I don't expect to see the device until 11/2. Reason is that AT&T has to upgrade all 3G tower sites to support the additional bandwidth which is not expected to complete until 10/31. I can guarantee it will not launch before 10/31.
    10-16-08 10:45 PM
    I don't expect to see the device until 11/2. Reason is that AT&T has to upgrade all 3G tower sites to support the additional bandwidth which is not expected to complete until 10/31. I can guarantee it will not launch before 10/31.
    please tell me ur kidding, come on att already. we can all thank steve jobs and his iphone for hogging up the network
    you also said the 2nd, would att really release a big phone like this on a sunday?
    Last edited by wcmayor; 10-16-08 at 10:50 PM.
    10-16-08 10:47 PM
    please tell me ur kidding, come on att already. we can all thank steve jobs and his iphone for hogging up the network
    Isn't there a way to turn off 3G on the Bold and just turn it on when the network is fixed! 3G is nice, but I can live without it for a couple weeks if that means I can have my toy NOW
    10-16-08 10:51 PM
    Isn't there a way to turn off 3G on the Bold and just turn it on when the network is fixed! 3G is nice, but I can live without it for a couple weeks if that means I can have my toy NOW
    ya i haer ya there, my hometown has 3g but im at college w/ no 3g, so i dont even care. i just want the phone. it really cant be any buggier than my piece of $#it iphone.
    10-16-08 10:54 PM
    No carrier would do that. People are stupid and AT&T would get a lot of returns and calls. I have been using the Bold with a manufacture date of 9/18/08 and 4.6.0.168. While it is a better hw build than 2 months ago, it is still not 100% yet with the software and 3G performance. And if I can get frustrated, imagine the average Joe.
    10-16-08 10:56 PM
    And if I can get frustrated, imagine the average Joe.
    He's a plumber, right?
    10-16-08 11:01 PM
    He's a plumber, right?
    Haha! Yeah he is a plumber lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 11:07 PM
    He's a plumber, right?
    No silly, he's a six-pack gun toting hockey mom.

Joe the plumber turned out to not really even be a plumber after all. Or someone about to buy a business that "he's worked for all his life" which turned out to be for 6 years. Or making over $250,000 per year, more along the lines of $40,000 in 2006 and even if he were going to buy said business, it's barely making $100k a year. Oh and actually he doesn't even like to pay taxes at all since he has a lien out against him for over $1100 in property taxes he failed to pay in 2007.

The guy rode the wave and it crashed on his head along with Senator McCain.

Enough about the truth, let's talk more about dates that we aren't going to see the Bold released some more!
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 10-16-08 at 11:11 PM.
    10-16-08 11:08 PM
    No silly, he's a six-pack gun toting hockey mom.

Joe the plumber turned out to not really even be a plumber after all. Or someone about to buy a business that "he's worked for all his life" which turned out to be for 6 years. Or making over $250,000 per year, more along the lines of $40,000 in 2006 and even if he were going to buy said business, it's barely making $100k a year. Oh and actually he doesn't even like to pay taxes at all since he has a lien out against him for over $1100 in property taxes he failed to pay in 2007.

The guy rode the wave and it crashed on his head along with Senator McCain.

Damn, you beat me to it. I hate the touchpad on laptops.....
    10-16-08 11:11 PM
    Ok back to Bold non-release dates, the next one is coming on the 24th! Let's all get our hopes up only to be let down again!

10-16-08 11:15 PM
    I like to think every day is a Bold release day, it makes each day a little easier to swallow when it doesn't actually show up.

I'm going to venture a guess and say AT&T is waiting the market out a bit now. They don't want to release a new BB and it sit on their shelves collecting dust only to be outdone by the next great thing before it can actually sell.

Just my thoughts.
    10-16-08 11:18 PM
    who knows. let's all hope Scott's right when he says that AT&T warehouses are stocked and ready to go and that's a good sign and hopefully the release will be soon.
    10-16-08 11:24 PM
    to add to the warehouse news, this came from one of the execs...the bold will be out very soon and AT&T is extremely happy with the testing and this is a very good sign...

....hope this helps, so maybe well see it very soon(hoping for next week)
    10-16-08 11:36 PM
    You think the units in the warehouse have a new unreleased OS build?
    10-16-08 11:37 PM
    i couldnt even speculate...but even if it is unstable i would assume they would have an update immediately....

it would be like releasing the iphone again but this time know what your getting into
    10-16-08 11:40 PM
    thanks scott for the info!
    10-16-08 11:47 PM
    I hope it comes out next week, I don't want to wait any longer lol.

10-17-08 12:21 AM
    This is getting crazy. I work for at&t and they tell us nothing. All I know is that I won a sales contest back in August and I was one of the 400 at&t reps that won. They said they would ship them 2 weeks prior to release date, so we can coach our other reps on the phone. So who knows when, I just have a ton of people wanting them. And it is bad for business when the pear flip and the storm where announced after the bold and will release before the bold.

10-17-08 12:31 AM
    Well if the storm makes it out before the Bold then at&t fails. Actually they have already failed by having a launch party for a device without actually launching said device. How is "Hey we are gonna release this phone someday and we will get one to you all whenever that day comes. Now here's michael phelps" a release?

10-17-08 01:02 AM
    I emailed the guy I know at the ATT store and asked if he had any news (doubtful) but also made sure he knew I still wanted a Bold so he can put one back for me as I can't take time from work to be there first thing on the morning they do finally have them in the store. I would sure hate to have them run out like the iPhone 3G did (even tho I would not want one anyway) and have to wait any longer. I am very hopeful it will be soon.
    10-17-08 08:08 AM
    I just called the corporate store by me and he said to call back at noon to see if it is in their shipment of devices.
    10-17-08 08:24 AM
    I just called the corporate store by me and he said to call back at noon to see if it is in their shipment of devices.
    I may just give a shout out to mine....see what's up
    10-17-08 08:28 AM
1,443 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD