so october 24? or november?
    10-15-08 11:39 PM
    Almost midnight here in Chicago and not one report about the launch party here today. That's just terrible. If I were there, I would have been giving reports every 15 minutes

Anyone??????
    10-15-08 11:53 PM
    +1

whats up??

Almost midnight here in Chicago and not one report about the launch party here today. That's just terrible. If I were there, I would have been giving reports every 15 minutes

Anyone??????
    10-16-08 01:40 AM
    Guess no one went to it, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 02:08 AM
    I'm sure someone went. Any news? i'd like an update.
    10-16-08 10:48 AM
    this is taken from another forum regarding the chicago party

"I actually just got back, it was alot of fun but not too much more info other than what has already been said, and of course every answer about when its actually coming out was the same.......no one knows. but having never seen the phone it was pretty cool, the first thing i noticed was how light it was, and the screen is amazing. they had a station of bolds with iron man on and it was so clear i thought i was watching on my HDTV at home. I did take some pics that I'll post later if they turned out okay."
    10-16-08 11:03 AM
    I have a feeling that there won't ever be an announced release date. I am starting to think that it will just show up for sale one of these days.

10-16-08 11:25 AM
    Well, they better release it soon. It looks like RIM is missing out on a lot of cash due to ATT...

BW uncovers BlackBerry Bold teardown; hello profit margin : Boy Genius Report

"BusinessWeek has managed to get its hands on a teardown of the BlackBerry Bold and it looks like RIM has yet another reason to be upset about the ever-delayed AT&T release: huge margins. While the Bold is currently available in many markets around the world, RIM’s largest market, the US, is still in limbo. New information suggests that said delays may be costing RIM more money than we think. Self-proclaimed market intelligence firm iSuppli is known for pretty spot-on teardown analyses and after picking apart RIM’s Bold it came up with a number: $169.41. That number represents RIM’s estimated cost per unit from material sourcing to manufacturing to assembly. By comparison, iSuppli estimates Apple’s cost per unit of the iPhone 3G to be $174.33 which would make the likelihood of a competitive AT&T-subsidized price on the Bold very likely. Prior estimates had placed RIM’s cost on the Bold at a higher figure which lead to a bit of speculation that AT&T’s Bold pricing might come in a bit high for certain potential customers. Hopefully this new number is closer to reality and we can all hope for a contract price right around $200."
    10-16-08 11:39 AM
    October 24 of what year?
    10-16-08 12:00 PM
    this is taken from another forum regarding the chicago party

"I actually just got back, it was alot of fun but not too much more info other than what has already been said, and of course every answer about when its actually coming out was the same.......no one knows. but having never seen the phone it was pretty cool, the first thing i noticed was how light it was, and the screen is amazing. they had a station of bolds with iron man on and it was so clear i thought i was watching on my HDTV at home. I did take some pics that I'll post later if they turned out okay."
    Its seems like there is really no point to these launch parties.
    10-16-08 12:29 PM
    i agree. i was looking forward for an official release date but i guess they won't announce it in the launch party. bummer =[
    10-16-08 12:49 PM
    hopefully they just announce it and release then release it within a 24 hour period, I know we all are tired of waiting.
    10-16-08 12:59 PM
    yeah i was looking for them to announce a release date and/or confirm the BestBuy release date.
    10-16-08 01:39 PM
    unfortunately nothing good has been announced. just telling all of us to wait longer =[
    10-16-08 01:45 PM
    Like I said before I'm getting the feeling that we won't get a release date at all. It will just show up in stores and they will be like "ok you can buy it now, thanks for waiting" lol.

10-16-08 01:53 PM
    this is worse than waiting on line for 3 hours for an iphone
    10-16-08 02:07 PM
    this is worse than waiting on line for 3 hours for an iphone
    Seriously...at least we knew when the iPhone was coming. With the Bold we have nothing.

10-16-08 02:12 PM
    (Star Trek theme song plays in the background)
    This phone has BOLDly gone where no other phone has gone before, in a complete and utter state of confusion.

Considering now that this phone is pretty much old news, it should now be officially named, the...MOLD
    10-16-08 02:20 PM
    Like I said before I'm getting the feeling that we won't get a release date at all. It will just show up in stores and they will be like "ok you can buy it now, thanks for waiting" lol.

Hahaha.. and most people will be like, "what for, I have the new 5th gen iPhone."
    10-16-08 02:22 PM
    Lol and the 5th gen iPhone still won't have MMS or push email!

10-16-08 02:43 PM

Hey, SOME of the email clients are pushed to the iPhone I say this as I currently have an iPhone and use Mobile Me
    10-16-08 02:56 PM
    Ok, I have to be fair I had my iphone before the 2.0 update so it was very limited. However I wouldn't get one again, the Bold is just cooler.

10-16-08 03:01 PM

Add Copy & Paste to that too...
    10-16-08 03:09 PM
    +1 lol!

Bring on the Bold!

10-16-08 03:16 PM
    well its thursday october 16th....i have information, very good info regarding the bold...PM me and ill let you know
    10-16-08 03:23 PM
1,443 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD