yes, please, let's continue biting the hand that feeds us.

it's not like RIM pushed the bold out the door or anything. face it, the boys in waterloo screwed up by announcing the phone too early and the people around the world had to pay for it. at&t knew what was up, and made the bold work before they released it, not after.
    Sorry but both hands DESERVED to be bit!

The Bold has been released in other countries and it does not matter who's fault it is but I doubt that AT&T will ever get another RIM exclusive deal again. I am laying the blame at AT&T's door step and blaming RIM for not letting us know why. I have had my Rogers Bold running on AT&T for a long time now and there is no problem for me in Jacksonville, but if others try to use without good coverage, 3G will not work well at all!

No matter what AT&T will be overwhelmed with calls from those who do not have excellent coverage as 3G will crap without it!
    10-15-08 05:35 AM
    I live about 1/2 mile outside Little Rock, AR and I have a Blackjack I and Air card for my lap top. They both run 3G. While I never have over 2 bars out here (not really the country but no DSL here either) they still run pretty fast. I have never had any trouble other than no more than the 2 bars. I would be happy with the BBB with 2 bars just to have it.

Can't wait for the release and thanks PG for all of the great info!
    10-15-08 08:20 AM
    I live in Oxford, MS and we just got 3G for the presidential debate on september 26. I am very ready for the bold to get here as friends with iphones get 600� kbps download speeds and pretty good uploads when tested with speedtest.net

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 10:29 AM
    Thank god A&M has a 3g network. Haha its in the middle of nowhere!

10-15-08 12:30 PM
    Sorry but both hands DESERVED to be bit!

The Bold has been released in other countries and it does not matter who's fault it is but I doubt that AT&T will ever get another RIM exclusive deal again. I am laying the blame at AT&T's door step and blaming RIM for not letting us know why. I have had my Rogers Bold running on AT&T for a long time now and there is no problem for me in Jacksonville, but if others try to use without good coverage, 3G will not work well at all!

No matter what AT&T will be overwhelmed with calls from those who do not have excellent coverage as 3G will crap without it!
    oh, my hand that feeds comment was referring to people attempting to correct phonegeek.

but here's the thing-- if you blame RIM for not letting you know why the phone is taking so long to come out, why not blame them for announcing it too early and starting a premature hype deluge? pg said the TA date for the bold has always been 10/20, so at&t's actually still on time.
    10-15-08 01:26 PM
    ridiculoushat, the TA date has been moved up to 10/17 about a week ago..so AT&T has 2 days to set it up properly
    10-15-08 01:48 PM
    I've been seeing commercials featuring the BB Storm for Verizon on TV this week. What's the speculation as to why there have been no commercials for the Bold yet? Still too early?
    10-15-08 02:05 PM
    The company I work for handles part of AT&T website and documents for support/tutorials need to be in production by 10/23, going along with the 10/24 prediction.
    10-15-08 02:08 PM
    FYI, AT&T pushed their AT&T Navigator stuff to my Bold today, so it very well could be releasing soon.
    10-15-08 02:23 PM
    The company I work for handles part of AT&T website and documents for support/tutorials need to be in production by 10/23, going along with the 10/24 prediction.
    Just to clarify, they have given you a deadline of the 23rd to have the documents prepared?

Thanks for the info.
    10-15-08 02:35 PM
    looks like its coming very soon....the launch oarty is set for tomorrow
    10-15-08 03:05 PM
    Soon is not good enough! LOL! I needs my fix now!

10-15-08 03:08 PM
    I want to see how the nyc launch event turns out. Anyone going please bring your feedback to crackberry tomorrow.Please let it be good news.
    10-15-08 03:11 PM
    ridiculoushat, the TA date has been moved up to 10/17 about a week ago..so AT&T has 2 days to set it up properly
    yeah, i saw that-- but the point is, the TA date was always in october. it was never intended to be a summer release by anyone in the at&t network side.
    10-15-08 03:28 PM
    yeah, i saw that-- but the point is, the TA date was always in october. it was never intended to be a summer release by anyone in the at&t network side.
    How long is "always"? RIM announced it in May and AT&T knew about it long before that. Are you saying that AT&T had planned back in May or earlier to wait until October to release it? I find it more likely that AT&T had originally planned on an earlier release but that October was the first firm date they settled on AFTER it had already been delayed.
    10-15-08 04:37 PM
    Lol how many release dates have we heard already. Just go ebay and get one already

10-15-08 04:54 PM
    Tooooo expensive on eBay for those stinking unlocked devices.
    10-15-08 05:15 PM
    looks like its coming very soon....the launch oarty is set for tomorrow
    Hey scott, I think I remember you saying that you were going to attend the launch party in NY? If you are, please take many pictures and share it with the community. And do you think that they may surprise you guys with announcing the official release date at the party?
    10-15-08 05:42 PM
    Hey scott, I think I remember you saying that you were going to attend the launch party in NY? If you are, please take many pictures and share it with the community. And do you think that they may surprise you guys with announcing the official release date at the party?
    Well I can't speak for what's going to happen, but I'll definitely be there at the event tomorrow in NYC. Not sure what to expect, but I'll be there and will make sure to snap some pics and report back how it goes.

-N
    Last edited by Nirvana; 10-15-08 at 09:14 PM.
    10-15-08 09:11 PM
    isn't it only for at&t employee's? where is it located and time?
    10-15-08 09:17 PM
    Well I can't speak for what's going to happen, but I'll definitely be there at the event tomorrow in NYC. Not sure what to expect, but I'll be there and will make sure to snap some pics and report back how it goes.

-N
    Thanks in advance for your contribution, Nirvana. You're so lucky you can go. I wish I can go!
    10-15-08 09:43 PM
    I don't know if it's for ATT employees only, but judging by the invitation flyer that was passed around a few weeks ago, it seemed you had to register to be on the list.
    10-15-08 09:43 PM
    I don't know if it's for ATT employees only, but judging by the invitation flyer that was passed around a few weeks ago, it seemed you had to register to be on the list.
    I'm not sure how the invitees were chosen. I'm am not an AT&T employee. I will be going as an AT&T enterprise customer. It's very exciting and I'm sure there will lots to share tomorrow evening.
    10-15-08 10:24 PM
    I wish I could go too...that would be awesome. Hope there will be some pics!
    10-15-08 10:42 PM
    well i know im getting into this discussion a little late..im a fireman and we had to standby for the presidential debate....the REASON, well one of them for the "late" release date was because AT&T will not ever release 2 exclusive devices in the same quarter or any carrier for that matter. The iphone 3G had exclusive selling rights for the 3rd quarter, this is why the BOLD will be released in the 4th quarter.

Also, RIM announced the BOLD for a summer release...which is was(rogers), AT&T didnt say they would release it in the summer, they said later this year
    10-15-08 11:16 PM
1,443 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD