First, Best Buy will not be allowed to sell the Bold in the US before AT&T releases it.

AT&T owns exclusivity in the US first, second Best Buy's contract with AT&T would be in jeopardy if they sold 1 unit before AT&T grants permission.
    Enough said!!!!!! PERIOD.
    10-14-08 04:53 PM
    PG is the shizzle for rizzle......my nizzle
    Forgive me but I am a network guy I don't understand the sales side...
    10-14-08 04:54 PM
    i agree wit PG also...its repetative, there is no set release date and AT&T wouldnt sell a flagship device thru an independent carrier before they have it
    10-14-08 04:56 PM
    Forgive me but much of is just repeat and has been covered in other threads and I grow tired of answering the same things over again for those that don't use the search feature.....

Then don't answer. Simple solution in my opinion of course.
    10-14-08 05:21 PM
    I wouldn't go that far, but there is some validity in the statement. Anyway, good info as usual PG.
    10-14-08 05:28 PM
    I'm guessing March of 09/exactly one calender year after it was supposed to be out. It'll be cutting edge for about 2 months after that.
    10-14-08 05:53 PM
    10-14-08 06:08 PM
    How about we don't disrespect and be rude to a reputable and valued member of this community mr 8 posts.

phonegeek has and always does provide us with spot on information and yes, he probably does grow tired of saying the same thing over and over again.

don't be such an a**hat.
    10-14-08 06:25 PM
    Just a few thoughts.

AT&T probably has Carrier exclusivity. I doubt RIM would tie its own hands to not be able to move product to individual electronics retailers.

The fact the Best Buy person said they were releasing the Bold independently doesn't create a conflict. All the BBY near me have a selection of unlocked phones in their mobile sections that sell without contract. They'll obviously add the Bold there.
    10-14-08 06:41 PM
    Cooool. I want to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 06:48 PM
    You see phone geek, when people get you in a ferocious rant you spill great info! All right it wasn't a ferocious rant, but worked up anyway. So now we can all just sit back in our lawn chairs and watch through the window at the local att store for signs of bold life.

10-14-08 07:12 PM
    A few thoughts.

First, Best Buy will not be allowed to sell the Bold in the US before AT&T releases it.

AT&T owns exclusivity in the US first, second Best Buy's contract with AT&T would be in jeopardy if they sold 1 unit before AT&T grants permission. Best Buy having posters up and such indicating 10/26 is nothing new. Those who read and post here regularly know that the 10/26 Best Buy release was put out here two or three weeks ago complete with screen shots from Best Buy systems indicating the release date of 10/26.

Next, as I have said now for....(Scott, Garz help me with my memory please..) at least six weeks and maybe closer to 2 1/2 months the TA Date (Technical Acceptance) was always 10/20. It has only been the last week that the date has moved and it moved in to 10/17. We got the device on 7/3 it didn't enter testing until 7/8 due to a SW change. THIS WAS NOT GOING TO BE A SUMMER RELEASE IN THE US. Period.

Lastly, there is not a sales person, store manager, even a General Manager that knows what the release date is. They are the last to know usually and often it is only a couple of days before when the stock of the item shows up on their doorstep. I don't know the date that this hits stores and I am an employee and one of the fortunate few who is testing the bloody thing.

Is it really necessary for 50+ comments on something we have discussed at length for the last 3 or 4 months????

This has been the story all along. The is exactly what PG has been stating for awhile.
    10-14-08 07:18 PM
    You see phone geek, when people get you in a ferocious rant you spill great info! All right it wasn't a ferocious rant, but worked up anyway. So now we can all just sit back in our lawn chairs and watch through the window at the local att store for signs of bold life.

It wasn't in a ferocious rant, mildly irritated yes, ferocious no. Also I didn't say anything that I haven't been saying for at least six weeks which was the point.

amkls704, Thanks, I know there are some here that stand up for me.

Look perhaps I am grumpy today and if so I apologize. I get irritated at the at&t bashing sometimes in large part because it is undeserved in this case. Do they (we) have flaws, sure, every carrier does. But we are better than most and we work very hard to release quality devices to the public.

Lastly Best Buy has a sales contract with at&t, at&t has exclusive rights to the device in the US for a period of time. If Best Buy releases the device to sell without contract it will only be after at&t has had it on the market for at least 90 days.
    Last edited by phonegeek; 10-14-08 at 07:35 PM.
    10-14-08 07:33 PM
    some people are just ready to jump on anything, regardless of how ridiculous it seems. there are just so many "the bold will be released on so and so date because the janitor at RIM or the cleaning lady at ATT told me" threads, its really getting old and tired to regurgitate the same info over and over again.
    10-14-08 09:23 PM
    Next, as I have said now for....(Scott, Garz help me with my memory please..) at least six weeks and maybe closer to 2 1/2 months the TA Date (Technical Acceptance) was always 10/20. It has only been the last week that the date has moved and it moved in to 10/17. We got the device on 7/3 it didn't enter testing until 7/8 due to a SW change. THIS WAS NOT GOING TO BE A SUMMER RELEASE IN THE US. Period.
    press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=1562

"The BlackBerry Bold smartphone (model number: 9000) is scheduled to be available from wireless carriers around the world beginning this summer."
    10-14-08 11:06 PM
    I'm so sick of hearing about bold release dates
    10-14-08 11:28 PM
    RIM announced it would be available this summer and technically it was...AT&T never stated this
    10-14-08 11:48 PM
    Here is the OFFICIAL RELEASE (PRICING LINKED) THREAD. Please use going forth.

Thanks,
    Duvi

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bla...es-here-82571/
    10-14-08 11:58 PM
    Bad news, guys. AT&T has just decided to dismiss Bold release plan...forever!
    10-15-08 12:26 AM
    It wouldn't be a surprise to me.
    10-15-08 12:54 AM
    Pay no attention to that post
    10-15-08 12:56 AM
    Nov 2 is the last possible day it will be released. Oct 30 is when they complete the 3g network.
    10-15-08 01:53 AM
    press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=1562

"The BlackBerry Bold smartphone (model number: 9000) is scheduled to be available from wireless carriers around the world beginning this summer."
    yes, please, let's continue biting the hand that feeds us.

it's not like RIM pushed the bold out the door or anything. face it, the boys in waterloo screwed up by announcing the phone too early and the people around the world had to pay for it. at&t knew what was up, and made the bold work before they released it, not after.
    10-15-08 02:20 AM
    Why? Too many delay till June. Now it's going to the end of October and nothing happen!
    10-15-08 03:26 AM
    yes, please, let's continue biting the hand that feeds us.

it's not like RIM pushed the bold out the door or anything. face it, the boys in waterloo screwed up by announcing the phone too early and the people around the world had to pay for it. at&t knew what was up, and made the bold work before they released it, not after.
    You have a point there. ::thumbsup::
    10-15-08 05:28 AM
1,443 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD