10-14-08 12:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing.
    10-14-08 01:18 PM
    You guy's are brutal...LOL
    10-14-08 01:22 PM
    I want my Bold.
    10-14-08 01:24 PM
    10-14-08 01:33 PM
    Here's something strange.... I work by a Best Buy Mobile in NYC (46th/Madison) and today they have a sign posted on their front door that says the Bold will be released on 10/26. I took a picture but won't be able to post until later. The salesperson told me they are definitely receiving it in 12 days. The salesperson couldn't answer my question about how come at&t doesn't have a release date and was very annoyed that I asked. So I went to the regular best buy and asked the mgr. They said they are releasing the Bold independently and before AT&T. The release date for them since they are separate from AT&T will be Oct. 26th. They do not have contract pricing yet but the retail price will be $799.
    10-14-08 01:54 PM
    Here's something strange.... I work by a Best Buy Mobile in NYC (46th/Madison) and today they have a sign posted on their front door that says the Bold will be released on 10/26. I took a picture but won't be able to post until later. The salesperson told me they are definitely receiving it in 12 days. The salesperson couldn't answer my question about how come at&t doesn't have a release date and was very annoyed that I asked. So I went to the regular best buy and asked the mgr. They said they are releasing the Bold independently and before AT&T. The release date for them since they are separate from AT&T will be Oct. 26th. They do not have contract pricing yet but the retail price will be $799.
    if this is true, it is beyond bizarre.
    10-14-08 02:29 PM
    How is it even possible for Best Buy who would be selling AT&T Bolds to be allowed to sell them before AT&T. That just doesnt even make sense to me. Best Buy may be getting them and may sell them on the 26th, but I doubt it would be before AT&T.

This is just getting crazy, crazy I tell you!!!!
    10-14-08 02:38 PM
    nothing makes sense anymore, why dont we close every cell phone carrier and use strings with cans
    10-14-08 02:40 PM
    Lol u guys are itching for a lynch today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's Texas for you.
    10-14-08 02:44 PM
    $799? I do not see it that high. I mean I could be wrong, but that is pretty expensive. I was going with $599 or something
    Last edited by JM12345; 10-14-08 at 03:04 PM.
    10-14-08 02:59 PM
    thats crazy for a phone
    10-14-08 03:00 PM
    $ 799.00?????

Here I come Verizon, and the Storm..Sc*** that. Here I thought the 500 I have set aside would be fine..No way in **** I am putting up 800 bucks for a phone.
    10-14-08 03:04 PM
    The sales reps were not very forthcoming at Best Buy Mobile and they weren't very nice that I was asking all these questions. I called AT&T and told them what Best Buy was doing and how they were advertising a phone they have no release date for. They said they have no control over Best Buy but the agent appreciated my call. BB said they have an official release date of 10/26 that comes from the higher ups. I will try and post the sign they have up later. I personally think they shouldn't be advertising until the carrier announces a date.
    10-14-08 03:23 PM
    Ain't no way I would drop $800 on that phone or any phone for that matter. That price would mean that the phone would be $650 for a 2 year contract and NO carrier is even remotely charging that much. It was reported that Rogers just dropped their price to $299 for 3 years. That retail price is even higher than the iPhone. I'm thinking about exchanging my iPhone for the BOLD since I have 30 days. I doubt if I will since I love the iPod feature as well as some other apps. I'm looking forward to this phone poppin up for sale on CL as the holiday season gets closer.

The sales reps were not very forthcoming at Best Buy Mobile and they weren't very nice that I was asking all these questions. I called AT&T and told them what Best Buy was doing and how they were advertising a phone they have no release date for. They said they have no control over Best Buy but the agent appreciated my call. BB said they have an official release date of 10/26 that comes from the higher ups. I will try and post the sign they have up later. I personally think they shouldn't be advertising until the carrier announces a date.
    Best Buy are seperate entity from AT&T aside from simply selling their products thats the only common ground. As far as BB having a solid date it wouldn't shock, but it wouldn't suprise me either if it doesn't happen either so it can go either. This would really make AT&T look bad if BB drops it before they do though.
    Last edited by djransom; 10-14-08 at 03:29 PM.
    10-14-08 03:26 PM
    How would best buy get their hands on the bold if at&t hasn't released it? Doesn't at&t control the release?

10-14-08 03:37 PM
    Unless Best Buy managed to strike up a deal with RIM to sell UNLOCKED Bolds for $800. RIM sends the units to Best Buy, the store sells them before ATT even releases it with a subsidized price.

I don't know...I'm just taking a guess.
    10-14-08 03:51 PM
    How would best buy get their hands on the bold if at&t hasn't released it? Doesn't at&t control the release?

This is my personal opinion....no I did not talk to a sales rep, no my father didn't bear a child with the woman who is vice president, etc....

Best Buy's date seems pretty solid and that is why I firmly believe the phone will be out this week or next from AT&T(before Best Buy). NO WAY AT&T is dropping the ball on this (this extreme I mean).

Ladies and gentlemen this is corporate greed = as much money as possible.
    10-14-08 03:56 PM
    This is my personal opinion....no I did not talk to a sales rep, no my father didn't bear a child with the woman who is vice president, etc....

Best Buy's date seems pretty solid and that is why I firmly believe the phone will be out this week or next from AT&T(before Best Buy). NO WAY AT&T is dropping the ball on this (this extreme I mean).

Ladies and gentlemen this is corporate greed = as much money as possible.
    They've dropped it this long why not keep it up until around Christmas.
    10-14-08 04:06 PM
    Check it out, why would anyone waiting for the Bold go and buy it from Best Buy before AT&T releases it? Obviously AT&T are working on the device to make sure there aren't any iPhone screw ups. So, in my opinion, let Best Buy get the bold on the 26th, let them sell it and you all go buy it. On the 27th, you'll be back on here whining that it isn't working right and so on and so forth, so just be patient. There are plenty of AT&T people on here that will be more than willing to let all of us BlackBerry addicts know when the new drug drops.
    10-14-08 04:11 PM
    A few thoughts.

First, Best Buy will not be allowed to sell the Bold in the US before AT&T releases it.

AT&T owns exclusivity in the US first, second Best Buy's contract with AT&T would be in jeopardy if they sold 1 unit before AT&T grants permission. Best Buy having posters up and such indicating 10/26 is nothing new. Those who read and post here regularly know that the 10/26 Best Buy release was put out here two or three weeks ago complete with screen shots from Best Buy systems indicating the release date of 10/26.

Next, as I have said now for....(Scott, Garz help me with my memory please..) at least six weeks and maybe closer to 2 1/2 months the TA Date (Technical Acceptance) was always 10/20. It has only been the last week that the date has moved and it moved in to 10/17. We got the device on 7/3 it didn't enter testing until 7/8 due to a SW change. THIS WAS NOT GOING TO BE A SUMMER RELEASE IN THE US. Period.

Lastly, there is not a sales person, store manager, even a General Manager that knows what the release date is. They are the last to know usually and often it is only a couple of days before when the stock of the item shows up on their doorstep. I don't know the date that this hits stores and I am an employee and one of the fortunate few who is testing the bloody thing.

Is it really necessary for 50+ comments on something we have discussed at length for the last 3 or 4 months????
    10-14-08 04:36 PM
    This is a discussion board, that would be why are DISCUSSING IT..
    10-14-08 04:40 PM
    This is a discussion board, that would be why are DISCUSSING IT..
    Forgive me but much of is just repeat and has been covered in other threads and I grow tired of answering the same things over again for those that don't use the search feature.....
    10-14-08 04:48 PM
    I agree with everything phonegeek has said. I think with the bold not out yet for att, it is driving people nuts. Well I am all in for a fully functional phone. Also phonegeek mentioned a TA date. And I just dont see anyway the bold shows up to best buy doors before even launching on its exclusive carrier-AT&T. That will shock the world if that happens.
    10-14-08 04:48 PM
    PG is the shizzle for rizzle......my nizzle
    10-14-08 04:52 PM
1,443 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD