Now please don't getting mad becaus I posted a "hear say" date. But once again from my inside source...I am still hearing August! So there has been reports of a September 1st release date and I think its going to be close to it if not that. I was told the 25th but look for it the 1st.
    08-01-08 07:27 PM
    Yeah and when Sept. 1st comes, and no BOLD then we'll hear, "yeah definately by mid October" I'm gettin somewhat P.O'd already, release the freakin thing already!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 07:32 PM
    Yeah and when Sept. 1st comes, and no BOLD then we'll hear, "yeah definately by mid October" I'm gettin somewhat P.O'd already, release the freakin thing already!!!!!

OH. I agree, but the problem is their was some issue with the handheld so AT&T decided to have it remedied, it had a overheating and battery issue....but all fixed and in testing by AT&T and should be good to go, assuming there is no more issues.
    08-01-08 07:47 PM
    I will confirm that att is still targeting Aug for release. I don't know of a specific date but the field testing is progressing better than it had in the beginning. We have been given 4.6.0.107 SW release on 7/28 and that is what we are testing.

I think we are down to the wire now on this device...
    08-01-08 07:52 PM
    I will confirm that att is still targeting Aug for release. I don't know of a specific date but the field testing is progressing better than it had in the beginning. We have been given 4.6.0.107 SW release on 7/28 and that is what we are testing.

I think we are down to the wire now on this device...

Thank you..... I've worked so hard to get this info and share it that it suprises me some people attitude.
    08-01-08 07:57 PM
    from aug 1st to sept 20th, there is no Bold on the AT&T rebate form, the blackberry 8320 is...unless they revise the sheet it wont be out until late sept(hopefully)
    08-01-08 07:58 PM
    Well, we all know we are on the downward slope in regards to finally getting the bold - its just around the corner. There are lots of rumoured dates floating around; guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks or sharing!

08-01-08 08:00 PM
    RIM ATT BU still gives last week of Aug/First week of Sept as release. .107 has been in testing for the last week. The devices have not had an overheating problem, they get warm but nothing that will damage anything. This has also gotten a lot better since .92. There is an att contest running through the end of August for the top BB selling reps to win a 9000.

08-01-08 08:07 PM
    The latest OS for the Bold is 4.6.0.111
    The devices "have" had a bit of a warmth problem. "Overheating" isn't the correct description. As far as the release date, nobody knows.

And you should not say specific dates of a release. The Bold is still under NDA.

08-01-08 09:32 PM
    Thanks to all for trying to share information on the release dates. Like a lot of others on here, I'm so over the hoopla around this device. I want it, but, I'm enjoying my Curve right now.
    08-01-08 09:47 PM

I am so with you. I'm sick of these postponements. I'm pissed off just thinking of it. Sorta feels like RIM and AT&T don't care about us.
    08-01-08 10:03 PM
    from aug 1st to sept 20th, there is no Bold on the AT&T rebate form, the blackberry 8320 is...unless they revise the sheet it wont be out until late sept(hopefully)
    If the Bold doesn't come out by September, I'm giving up on it. I've waited too damn long and am sick of these postponements.
    08-01-08 10:06 PM
    If the Bold doesn't come out by September, I'm giving up on it. I've waited too damn long and am sick of these postponements.
    Same, as much as I want the Bold, I'm not willing to wait that long, I might have to resort to a Tilt or Pantech Duo
    08-01-08 10:18 PM
    Lol, goodness! We went from May to Sept. I'm willing to bet you ATT don't get the Bold until Octoberish. I'm sure something will come up " AS USUAL" and they'll delay it. It has come to the point when people don't even believe these dates people post anymore...
    08-01-08 10:21 PM
    I asked the manager at the local AT&T store today. He said all he knew was they told him early October.
    08-01-08 10:27 PM
    It HAS been released in Hong Kong. ATT is the issue now now the Bold. Tmo UK has told their dealers that Monday they can start selling.

08-01-08 10:32 PM
    we all have waited this long. why settle with a different phone that you dont really want. you will hate it after the bold comes out and all the hype is justified. youll be rockin a curve while youll be reading these same fourms about how we all love it. yeah this wait sux but when it finally comes out you be an owner of BB new hottness. this will be my 1st BB so im hoping its woth the wait. ya mean
    08-01-08 10:53 PM
    No one at ATT would have the release date, yea they are having a bold contest, but you would get the phone mailed to you...so it doesn't justify when the bold is coming out...

..i cant wait for it to come out, hopefully it will be out mid august despite the rebate
    08-01-08 11:23 PM
    i expect the bold to be out mid september. i hope it comes out mid august. i don't care when it comes out, though- i refuse to settle for less just because of impatience.

08-01-08 11:52 PM
    I haven't heard release dates, but it will be insurable, which is cool!
    08-02-08 12:01 AM
    we all have waited this long. why settle with a different phone that you dont really want.
    It's not so much that we would be setting for a different phone it's that there are new phones coming out that have similar or better features. The top end devices don't exactly have long shelf lives so a 6 month or even a 3 month delay has a big impact on sales.
    08-02-08 10:22 AM
    It's not so much that we would be setting for a different phone it's that there are new phones coming out that have similar or better features. The top end devices don't exactly have long shelf lives so a 6 month or even a 3 month delay has a big impact on sales.
    then you will still be waiting longer than we are now. thats like saying you now want the thunder. youll be waiting a hot minute for that one as well so you cant win.
    08-02-08 11:36 AM
    Maybe but I don't think so. When I first heard of the Bold that was the phone I wanted. But that was months ago and since then similar phones have been released that would do just as good a job but without the same fanfare.. Others were certified by the FCC around the same time as the Bold and will come out around the same time.

The problem RIM faces if the. Bold gets pushed back is that each passing month increases expectations of what a new top end device can do. I'll get the best one I can and then stay away from the hype for a year or so.

Will I wait for the N96 or Omnia or Diamond? Probably not but many will.

08-02-08 11:50 AM
    If it is not out by september first then I will be buying a nokia e71. It is crazy that it is taking this long to get a produc� to market. It is not like they are re-inventing the wheel. The only new feature (hardware wise) is the addition of 3G.

08-02-08 12:51 PM
    Its not RIM anymore its the carriers. 2 carriers have released it with some more in the next week to 30 days. I spoke of the ATT contest because the reps have already started receiving training conducted by RIM, ATT branded seed devices are floating about. Also the rebates mean nothing, just indicates that there isn't a rebate on the 9000 at first.

08-02-08 01:02 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD