I live in the midwest and do not have an international AT&T plan for my Bold. Right now though I am on vacation in Massachusetts and will be traveling up to Montreal and Quebec in the next few days. My family just has pretty basic candy bar and flip phones, but my sister just asked the very good question...
    will our phones still work normally in canada?
    will we be charged ridiculously high roaming charges?
    07-03-09 09:31 AM
    I just made that same trip through vermont to montreal last month.. Your AT&T coverage will work but there are charges for minutes in Canada. What you can do though is sign up for their AT&T Canada plan for $4.99 a month that lowers the cost from $0.79 per minute to $0.59 per minute when calling in Canada. I did this and then just cancelled the service when I got home. I was billed a total of $2.00 for the service prorated and saved about $10.
    07-03-09 09:44 AM
    Do you know if the AT&T canada plan includes texts and/or data? I could turn off the radio on my phone and just use wifi, but I am just not sure what to expect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:02 AM
    They have a separate data add-on for international data. I believe it is $24.99 for 20mb of data. Again, it is prorated, so if you order it and only use it for half of your billing cycle, it will be cut in half. Not too sure about text messages.. I thought if you were texting to a US based number they were included in your plan, but not positive
    07-03-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD