Thank you all! Sounds like T-Mobile is the only option to me.

Will I have to pay for the UMA plan in order to make a VoWi-Fi call on Driftwood device?
    I'm wondering if it's going to cause me to pay more than what I'm currently paying for my Storm.
    No, you don't have to pay for the $9.99 Hotspot@home add-on to use UMA. That add-on allows unlimited minutes over UMA and the call will still be "free" even if the UMA connection goes away. The minutes used for a UMA call will just simply be deducted from your standard minutes bucket if you don't have the UMA add-on like myself.
    08-14-09 04:33 PM
    It's $25 now.

OP, you're correct on UMA. Now I'd check coverage maps in your area. T-Mobile does have UMA but what if you venture outside of your house and the coverage is poor? I'd go with T-Mobile if you needed voice minutes. You can get unlimited UMA calling for $9.99/month added to your plan. T-Mobile also offers more minutes than AT&T at the same prices. Check if T-Mobile has 3G coverage in your area. If you don't have 3G with T-Mobile in your area (you can check their coverage maps), go with AT&T. There's no reason to get the Driftwood with T-Mobile if you don't have 3G in your city.
    25 bucks?wow I pay 10 bucks unlimited for my 5 lines,guess I'm Tmobile 4 life.
    08-14-09 11:01 PM
    Does anyone know when tmo going to release the driftwood for sales?
    08-14-09 11:21 PM
    i say tmobile

but you have to check the coverage in your area first...
    08-16-09 01:41 PM
    T-Mobile phones can force roaming. GG

For those who complain about VZW or ATT's price vs Tmobile's price.....check ATT and Verizon's coverage maps and compare them to tmobile.......I think you will understand the price difference a lot more.
    08-16-09 02:45 PM
    For those who complain about VZW or ATT's price vs Tmobile's price.....check ATT and Verizon's coverage maps and compare them to tmobile.......I think you will understand the price difference a lot more.
    so who is to say VZW and ATT aren't overpriced on the other hand, regardless of coverage?
    08-16-09 05:09 PM
    has there been any info released about the driftwood yet? i've seen the post by PG about the onyx and everything about it, but have yet to see anything on the driftwood. did i miss anything?

last i remember CX said that people had a misconceived notion about the driftwood. but that was back in july....
    08-16-09 05:23 PM
    I'll chime in and say that VZW and AT&T are not overpriced. There is a difference between a suite and a standard room, just like there's a difference between VZW/AT&T vs Sprint/T-Mobile. I'm not trying to turn this into a carrier fanboy thread but put it like this. There is some who need that suite and will pay the price, and there are some who love the standard room and won't pay for the suite. It all comes to what comforts you. All the companies are great and offer great competition to one another as they all have their perks and deals that sucker you in. But as the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and "you have to pay...to play!" The only difference between The ONYX and the DRIFTWOOD, is that one is for those who love AT&T and one is for those who love T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 05:48 PM
    T-Mobile, hands down.
    08-16-09 06:08 PM
    I'll chime in and say that VZW and AT&T are not overpriced. There is a difference between a suite and a standard room, just like there's a difference between VZW/AT&T vs Sprint/T-Mobile. I'm not trying to turn this into a carrier fanboy thread but put it like this. There is some who need that suite and will pay the price, and there are some who love the standard room and won't pay for the suite. It all comes to what comforts you. All the companies are great and offer great competition to one another as they all have their perks and deals that sucker you in. But as the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and "you have to pay...to play!" The only difference between The ONYX and the DRIFTWOOD, is that one is for those who love AT&T and one is for those who love T-Mobile.

Tell that to my friends on AT&T and their dropped calls. Network coverage does vary from area to area but T-Mobile is the best around where I live. The only reason I'd go with AT&T is if I used a S60 device so I could use $30/month unlimited data and texts. But S60 devices are mediocre when it comes to the OS even though the devices that run it are excellent such as the E71. I can stand AT&T though because I can use whatever GSM phone I want to use. Verizon has been known to cripple their BlackBerrys by locking the GPS but I believe they've finally stopped that. Plus you're screwed if you want to use a phone that's not a Verizon phone. Sprint, they're a different issue and their network was mediocre the last time I was with them. Plus you have the problem of only having CDMA Sprint phones to choose from.
    08-16-09 06:31 PM
    Tell that to my friends on AT&T and their dropped calls. Network coverage does vary from area to area but T-Mobile is the best around where I live. The only reason I'd go with AT&T is if I used a S60 device so I could use $30/month unlimited data and texts. But S60 devices are mediocre when it comes to the OS even though the devices that run it are excellent such as the E71. I can stand AT&T though because I can use whatever GSM phone I want to use. Verizon has been known to cripple their BlackBerrys by locking the GPS but I believe they've finally stopped that. Plus you're screwed if you want to use a phone that's not a Verizon phone. Sprint, they're a different issue and their network was mediocre the last time I was with them. Plus you have the problem of only having CDMA Sprint phones to choose from.
    Exactly, I'll admit no company is perfect because if that was the case everyone would hop on that carrier and thus it would be no competition. Every carrier has its problems, Cell phone carriers are like women, there not perfect but y0u pick which one is the best for you and least amount of problems.

08-16-09 07:08 PM
    Def tmobile I had to kick att to the curve
    08-16-09 09:37 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD