Sprint releases first on aug 21. Rest of American carriers tmobile and verizon end of august. AT&T ? Who knows October probably.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 02:07 PM
    Then AT&T will have to give me a new 9900 that works on their "4G." Win/win.

Let's say everything goes accordingly to the merger, there is no way AT&T will cut TMO's 3G/4G internet services and force everyone to use EDGE. If they do, they will be issuing all new phones and that's going to be a "bit of a dent" in their wallet. And I'll entertain your idea there for a minute, do you know the mass amounts of riots that will happen if AT&T did that? Do you know how many customers they will lose because of that? That will pretty much give VZW back the title for largest population of customers (which is kind of what the "merger" is partially about, a **** measuring contest so to speak) No offense, but what I'm trying to say is think logically.

EDIT: Just because they own the towers doesn't mean they're going to change those 3G/4G towers to AT&T's frequency. I'd imagine they'll enable AT&T customers to also "roam" but not really roaming, on those TMO towers (GSM) and vice versa. So that means more coverage, as far as the 3G/4G part goes, I wouldn't be able to think what AT&T plans on merging the two different frequencies or possibly they'll slowly phase out TMO's frequency in the states or again, vice versa, depending on which works better. But definitely in the short run I wouldn't worry about loosing 3G/4G access on TMO. But feel free to jump over to AT&T if you suspect it will become an issue for you.
    These tower changes are years away anyhow. I would be more upset with the fact that there will be no UMA on this BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 06:03 PM
    WoW! Talk about "special". And for your carrier you list: A suck+suck?
    just sayin' . But at least your a Premier customer of a company that you insinuate sucks.
    They do suck. And it's "A Suck & Suck". Not "A Suck+Suck".
    Last edited by ibcop; 08-08-11 at 07:46 PM.
    08-08-11 07:16 PM
    Someone else deleted it but now all of a sudden you are back? You are a very strange person hun...

Furthermore to everyone else who doesn't quiet comprehend this it's very simple...I can't believe I'm having to explain it yet AGAIN!

The phone is 299 on CONTRACT, FULL RETAIL OFF CONTRACT! If I bought the phone for 199, that means I saved 100 DOLLARS!!! The pricing of the phone is done, it's already been made public on verious websites including T-Mobile! And even if they pulled a fast one and took it lower then 199, all I'd have to do is call them up and they would adjust the price for me. I've been with T-Mobile long enough to know how they operate and I know how to "operate" around them...

Why did I get the phone for 100 bucks off? Because I know how to "work" customer reps, that's how! Take a psychology course or two...it's really not that hard to get a rep to be your frend lol...
    You keep saying that we don't know how to do math, but haven't you seen all of the leaked release documents? The phone is most likely going to come out being $249.99 AND if you are the main person on the contract than you get like $50 or $100 off your contract if you extend it after two years so you actually did not get a discount.. You broke even or maybe even lost $50 on the whole deal. That's all, congrats though I guess.

I mean noone has a problem with the fact that you are getting this phone.. It's just the way you are going about it, I agree with that one post that is long as **** a few pages back because he pointed out exactly what you did not do correctly. I mean every post by you and the way that you are saying that you are like a "special customer" and everything.. You are talking like you are better than everybody else and bragging about it. None of us have a problem with the fact that you are getting the phone we all know and want, we all have a problem with you as a person and how you went about "bragging" to all of us which makes it easy to make fun of the fact that you probably got ripped off/no special treatment at the end of the day, that's all.
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 08-08-11 at 07:49 PM.
    08-08-11 07:27 PM
    Congrats OP!
    08-08-11 08:10 PM
    lol so you saved 50 bucks in exchange for tmobile to make that back in less than a month and have you under contract for the next 2 years. pretty good tradeoff for them
    08-08-11 08:26 PM
    Just in case some people didn't know, the t-mobile merger will NOT be completed until in about a year from announcement date. Two, the merger will NOT affect 3G/4G bands at all or customer plans/service, meaning there will be no need to buy a new phone. The two companies will still be operating individually.

"T-Mobile has no plans to alter our 3G / 4G network in any way that would make your device obsolete. The deal is expected to close in approximately 12 months. After that, decisions about the network will be AT&T’s to make. That said, the president and CEO of AT&T Mobility was quoted in the Associated Press saying “there’s nothing for [customers] to worry about… [network changes affecting devices] will be done over time… ”

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/article...quires-tmobile
    Last edited by BB.user2010; 08-08-11 at 09:26 PM. Reason: URL link
    08-08-11 09:25 PM
    Just in case some people didn't know, the t-mobile merger will NOT be completed until in about a year from announcement date. Two, the merger will NOT affect 3G/4G bands at all or customer plans/service, meaning there will be no need to buy a new phone. The two companies will still be operating individually.

"T-Mobile has no plans to alter our 3G / 4G network in any way that would make your device obsolete. The deal is expected to close in approximately 12 months. After that, decisions about the network will be AT&T�s to make. That said, the president and CEO of AT&T Mobility was quoted in the Associated Press saying �there�s nothing for [customers] to worry about� [network changes affecting devices] will be done over time� �

Latest News | T-Mobile | Q&A: More Information About AT&T Acquisition of T-Mobile USA
    Hogwash. First, they won't be two seperate companies. ATT Wireless and Cingular Merged. They acquired Centennial. It's all going to be ATT. There aren't going to be seperate companies. It will be just like when ATT shut down TDMA. Eventually, your phone will only operate on EDGE because they are using the 3G/4G bands because they have a lack of spectrum, which is not true. They are sitting on spectrum, and will do the same with the spectrum they get through the T-Mobile purchase.
    08-09-11 02:12 AM
    lol so you saved 50 bucks in exchange for tmobile to make that back in less than a month and have you under contract for the next 2 years. pretty good tradeoff for them
    I don't plan on going anywhere anyways. Best prices are with T-Mobile! Why would one switch?
    08-09-11 03:29 AM

"T-Mobile has no plans to alter our 3G / 4G network in any way that would make your device obsolete. The deal is expected to close in approximately 12 months. After that, decisions about the network will be AT&T�s to make. That said, the president and CEO of AT&T Mobility was quoted in the Associated Press saying �there�s nothing for [customers] to worry about� [network changes affecting devices] will be done over time� �

Latest News | T-Mobile | Q&A: More Information About AT&T Acquisition of T-Mobile USA
    The deal has not been approved yet, you are speculating on what you assume will happen. And if it does happen, I'll move to Sprint cause I won't deal with AT&T what so ever!
    08-09-11 03:29 AM
    I'd rather pay an extra [insert currency]100 than have to go with T-Mobile.
    08-09-11 03:38 AM
    Well you are also paying extra on that monthly bill too!
    08-09-11 05:06 AM
    The deal has not been approved yet, you are speculating on what you assume will happen. And if it does happen, I'll move to Sprint cause I won't deal with AT&T what so ever!
    As of ther first of the year, T-Mo will be eaten by AT&T.

Sprint is calling you!
    08-09-11 05:10 AM
    They told me because I'm such a "valued" customer they would let me pre-order the 9900 for delivery ON the 31ST (actually it was a supervisor who did it) and they only charged me 199 for the entire thing if I agreed to a 2 year extension...I kindly oblidged.

My cc already shows the charge so I know it wasn't a mistake.

WOOT WOOT!!!
    carriers don't usually charge your phone, even with a preorder until it ships.
    08-09-11 07:41 AM
    carriers don't usually charge your phone, even with a preorder until it ships.
    I think you are right on that, I believe it is illegal to charge someone's credit card until after the goods have shipped, perhaps a lawyer on here could clarify this.
    08-09-11 08:33 AM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD