T-Mobile Germany launch today:
    BlackBerry Bold 9000

Source: site from t-mobile germany, i cannot post the exact link.

I hope that they sell the phone also without any contract.
    08-06-08 09:26 AM
    Why not post the link and change the http to h**p or something... that way we can all be informed??

Or you can get a QWERTZ Bold from BBEnriched...
    08-06-08 09:28 AM
    I ran the site through a translator and it says in the drop down menu:

In relax mobile 50 with phone: 129.95EUR
    In Max M with mobile: 79.95EUR
    Without a contract: 459.95EUR

Translated version

hxxp://64.233.179.104/translate_c?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.t-mobile.de%2Fshop%2Fhandy%2F0%2C4855%2C2963-_10060-0-1-0%2C00.html&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Hope this is of help to some!
    08-06-08 09:42 AM
    08-06-08 09:51 AM
    Thanks!! And does anyone know what the 129.95 converts to in USD??

*EDIT* : Nevermind... I did the conversion and it comes out to about $200 USD!!
    08-06-08 09:53 AM
    Yay!!

greets from germany
    08-06-08 10:01 AM
    The price from T-Mobile DE for the handset, after being converted into GBP works out cheaper than the "cheapest UK pre-order so far"

T-Mobile DE is �363.54 and Misco.co.uk is �387.74
    08-06-08 10:06 AM
    the price without a contract is lower than expected...yesterday it was 559, today its 100 bucks cheaper (459€)
    08-06-08 10:10 AM
    People are already selling them on Ebay Germany. Too bad they don't ship them to the states. I would get one asap!
    Last edited by CMEC; 08-06-08 at 11:53 AM.
    08-06-08 10:13 AM
    People are already selling them on Ebay Germany. Too bad they don't ship them to the states. I would be one asap!
    You don't want one of those anyway... first its a QWERTZ keyboard, which idk bout you but I would get really annoyed having the Y and Z switched and second if something happens to it you are SOL cause of the huge *** T-MOBILE on the bottom of the device. Be patient... all of these internation releases are going to get to AT&T and they are going to realize they need to release soon.
    08-06-08 11:12 AM
    I think the AT&T release is atleast 3 to 4 weeks away. Field testers are still testing the phone as we speak so its not quite ready for launch yet.

Im guessing SEPT is a good date, and a Q1 09 release on T-mobile USA.
    08-06-08 11:20 AM
    I think the AT&T release is atleast 3 to 4 weeks away. Field testers are still testing the phone as we speak so its not quite ready for launch yet.

Im guessing SEPT is a good date, and a Q1 09 release on T-mobile USA.
    Testers are almost done; like within the week. They just tested .108 and they are pretty sure that is the OS build that they are going to go with for the final release. Also, AT&T has the phones in warehouse already, and if they don't it takes maybe two days total to get their shipment of phones from RIM... another two-three days to get them all branded, and another 1-2 days to get them to the stores. All in all it takes about a week to get from RIM to your AT&T store. A second-third week of August launch is still very achievable.
    08-06-08 11:25 AM
    You don't want one of those anyway... first its a QWERTZ keyboard, which idk bout you but I would get really annoyed having the Y and Z switched and second if something happens to it you are SOL cause of the huge *** T-MOBILE on the bottom of the device. Be patient... all of these internation releases are going to get to AT&T and they are going to realize they need to release soon.

Can anyone confirm if these definitely have the QWERTY or QWERTZ keyboard ? Might fly over and pick one up !
    Last edited by Ash_786; 08-06-08 at 11:31 AM.
    08-06-08 11:28 AM
    german blackberry's definetely have a QWERTZ keyboard!
    08-06-08 11:36 AM
    Well, we're getting closer over here (as I rub my Rabbits foot).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 11:50 AM
    Good point, I didn't think of that. Well my curve 8310 is still a great phone. I can wait a month or two for the AT&T bold to drop. As long as I have a working Blackberry in my hands I will be happy.
    08-06-08 11:55 AM
    WTF!!! So now the massive market of Chile and Germany have the Bold's before North America. That's awesome. Thanks for pissing all over the Canadian's RIM (not like your a CANADIAN company or anything!!!!)

I feel better now. Seriously though, I hope we don't have to wait a couple of months for the Bold to be released here.
    08-06-08 12:06 PM
    Today was just a awesome day!

Since I am living in germany I went to the closest T-Mobile Store!

I had the glorious BlackBerry Bold in my Hand....I cant describe how good that felt... I hope the Bold will come out really soon in America
    08-06-08 12:11 PM
    Saw this on the RIM site

http://

press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=1733

(sorry first post so can't post a link directly)
    08-06-08 12:12 PM
    Holy S%$T!!!!

$459 Euro for a Bold with no contract. I sure as **** hope it isn't going to be $750 here in North America when it is released.
    08-06-08 12:16 PM
    yea, i hope its not that much, but i will surely sign a contract to get a nice price for this phone..

I just got off the phone with a t-mobile Account representative manager and he told me this. "No guarantees on this but by looking at our system i see that we have no new phone releases except the nokias until Christmas time. We just released the Curve Aug 4th so don�t expect a new blackberry device till then."

I also asked about the kickstart but he said there is nothing in the system as of yet. He said best bet would be to call around october.
    08-06-08 12:54 PM
    There is no way that these releases are not lighting a fire under AT&T and Rogers' as*es. They know that the people in NA are getting very upset and want this phone ASAP. It seems according to phonegeek and the people I have talked to at AT&T that they are very close to ending the testing period of the Bold and are very happy with the performance and the progress the OS builds have made on the devices from .92 to .108-.111(not sure which OS build the testers are currently using). The "overheating" issue is not close to overheating, it is just a warm feeling on the back of the phone, but only when you are doing hardcore stuff on the phone like data and voice at the same time. The battery has also greatly improved from the initial OS builds, which was a BIG concern for AT&T. Technically it could have been released a month ago after FCC clearance, but AT&T wanted to make the device better for us. It seems we are very close and I have heard to expect it anywhere from the 10th-17th of August... 2nd full week.
    08-06-08 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD